Will new coach cuss? Do you care?

this isn't you mother is it?

granny%20gun.jpg

:)

Visions of a bad Stallone flick!

I just want to see him win...some of the biggest jerks in the game are winning coaches (Saban, Meyer, Spurier 10 years ago). Guess I should call them arrogant instead of jerks

But hey, I am a Tiger Woods fan too....he cusses just a little on TV :)

Saban said some bad words - damn - JC - repeatedly after that kick at the end of the LSU game. The camera man zoomed in close to get the reaction. The networks know that if they zoom in on people like Saban they will get this behavior on TV purposefully.

I don't want to see a UT coach cussing on TV like that.
I've seen Fulmer curse saying BS but I've never seen Fulmer take the Lord's name in vain.

Does anyone else care about this?

Even if you don't care about the type of cursing, are you ok with any of it from a representative of your university?

Maybe we should hire Billy Graham to coach the Vols.

Even if you don't care about the type of cursing, are you ok with any of it from a representative of your university?
No and yes.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Saban said some bad words - damn - JC - repeatedly after that kick at the end of the LSU game. The camera man zoomed in close to get the reaction. The networks know that if they zoom in on people like Saban they will get this behavior on TV purposefully.

I've seen Fulmer curse saying BS but I've never seen Fulmer take the Lord's name in vain.

Hell yes I want him to cuss and raise hell and just he hellish on the sidelines lol...I want him so full of fire and brimstone that those kids would run through a wall for him! :rock:

No, I don't want a coach who 'cusses'.
I want a coach with some class.
We don't need to concede in that area just to win.
Tony Dungy and other coaches similar are examples of motivators who don't have to resort to such a level to get a point across.

Why is his post a fail? Do you see the fact that he has morals as a failure?

You don't have to curse to be a good coach. I never remember Bear Bryant, Joe Paterno, or Bbboy Bowden unleashing profanity lace tirades on the sideline.Never saw Gene Stallings do it. I'm fairly certain that General Neyland and Knute Rockne didn't do it. That kind of behavior would have been wholly unacceptable in their day.

BTW, I don't ever remember Tom Landry or Don Shula pulling that type of stunt.

I heard Dale Jones curse once.

This thread and the debate that follows is stupid.

Who cares? Honestly? I want someone who wins football games. If throwing around some choice words is his way of doing it, so be it.

The idiot factor has hit an all time high with the news of a search for a coach.

I don't have a problem with words from time to time, but every other word is a little bit over board. I hate damn, I hate it when anyone says that! But regardless i'm not going to hold him responsible.

I'm ok with cussing when it is needed. However, I am NOT EVER ok with damn, JC, and the F-Word.

No, I don't want a coach who 'cusses'.
I want a coach with some class.
We don't need to concede in that area just to win.
Tony Dungy and other coaches similar are examples of motivators who don't have to resort to such a level to get a point across.
You can't spell class without ass.

I don't think we're conceeding anything. I don't think it's an issue to anyone with any say in the matter.

I definitely prefer a coach that does NOT take the Lord's name in vain....I was surprised about Saban saying it. I thought he had more class than that.

As a Christian, I hate hearing anyone say damn.

Tony Dungy doesn't have to cuss to get his players to run through a brick wall for him. He's just one of those guys you never want to let down. You don't have to have a potty mouth to be effective. Seems to work for Bobby Johnson's group of overacheivers. Yes, I know Vandy sucks but they have STILL overachieved under him.

Personally, I have the mouth of a sailor sometimes. But I don't want a Woody Hayes-type stomping the sidelines dropping f-bombs the entire game. That is an inexcusable lack of self control and a head coach leading a university doesn't need to be acting like a spoiled child who doesn't get his way.

If the coach we hire is known for "not cursing", when he see`s crompton playing then he will be a bigtime "cusser". Personally i dont give a rats arse wat comes of his mouth. Whatever he needs to say to motivate players is fine with me

Tony Dungy doesn't have to cuss to get his players to run through a brick wall for him. He's just one of those guys you never want to let down. You don't have to have a potty mouth to be effective. Seems to work for Bobby Johnson's group of overacheivers. Yes, I know Vandy sucks but they have STILL overachieved under him.

Personally, I have the mouth of a sailor sometimes. But I don't want a Woody Hayes-type stomping the sidelines dropping f-bombs the entire game. That is an inexcusable lack of self control and a head coach leading a university doesn't need to be acting like a spoiled child who doesn't get his way.

Then You do NOT want Jon Gruden! :eek:hmy: He cusses more than me and that's really saying something haha!!

Gruden has a garbage mouth...which is unacceptable at UT....Just ask Kevin O'neil.

I would prefer no cussing

VN Store

Back