Why do y'all say GT sucks?

I would have the DL step a yard back and not be on top of the ball at the snap. Alot of their plays calls for the cut block right at the snap.
That would allow us to run straight drives and eat the DL up with it. The best thing is to have ultra athletic guys who can be so explosive they hit the OL first or can side step the cut blocks. We have played guys like this (Clemson)

Stanford never recruited at a top 10 level. They won in spite of that. It's called great coaching.

I don't know of a team in the country that is coached up better than GT. We are consistently recruiting out side of the top 50 but are constantly in the top 35 at some point in a season and even have been in the top 25 many times.

That would allow us to run straight drives and eat the DL up with it. The best thing is to have ultra athletic guys who can be so explosive they hit the OL first or can side step the cut blocks. We have played guys like this (Clemson)

Seemed to work out pretty good for them.

Stanford never recruited at a top 10 level. They won in spite of that. It's called great coaching.

Stanford signed and signs top players. Names like Luck,Mccaffery and Love? Maybe not "top 10" but considerable digits above what Georgia Tech is dragging out of the club.

Stanford signed and signs top players. Names like Luck,Mccaffery and Love? Maybe not "top 10" but considerable digits above what Georgia Tech is dragging out of the club.

Stanford also has WAY more degree options and not every degree has crazy math stipulations.

What SEC teams? UGA? Vandy? Miss st? UK? we have a 5-1 record against these teams since 2014. Not to mention we destroyed vandy so i don't think they are on the same level as us.

I'll tip my hat to beating UGA. But don't go around bragging about beating Vandy, Kentucky and Miss St.

We are like 75-30 against Vandy all time, like 80-30 vs. Kentucky.

If I need a widget built, or industrial measurements, you're my team.

If I need football, I'll take any number of SEC schools.

You're Vanderbilt, minus the prestige.

Have to disagree with you on that. In engineering circles Ga. Tech. is one the priemier colleges in America. Currently #4 in America.

Their students don't graduate, they escape.

Now, if I want an MBA to run the firm ...

Reactions: 1 person
Not trying to argue but where do you get our system leads to more injuries? There's no proof of this. I've asked for someone to find multiple instances from guys being injured by CUT blocks and no one has been able to do it, not even 1 instance. Go watch our games more times than not guys are not being injured by us. But I do have respect for UT and think it will be a good game. I know most of the fans don't think GT sucks, I was just trying to figure out why some do.

Don't waste your time, Techfan. With a few who post on this board, common sense is the very first casualty.

I'll tip my hat to beating UGA. But don't go around bragging about beating Vandy, Kentucky and Miss St.

We are like 75-30 against Vandy all time, like 80-30 vs. Kentucky.

My comment was towards another posters comment. No one was bragging. Whats wrong with miss st in 2014? That's when we beat them, they were number 1 in the country for multiple weeks, and DaK was their QB. They were 10-2 in the regular season that year.

My comment was towards another posters comment. No one was bragging. Whats wrong with miss st in 2014? That's when we beat them, they were number 1 in the country for multiple weeks, and DaK was their QB. They were 10-2 in the regular season that year.
Dear Techfan1,
You originally asked, "Why do y'all say GT sucks?" Well, I don't. There are 2 reasons:
1. I don't use "sucks" as a negative. I have enough trouble convincing her without negative connotations.
2. Freak and the moderators will not let me type what I really think about your cesspool of a school. I realize you are jealous that your school plays games on a field named for a UT player but get over it.

Dear Techfan1,
You originally asked, "Why do y'all say GT sucks?" Well, I don't. There are 2 reasons:
1. I don't use "sucks" as a negative. I have enough trouble convincing her without negative connotations.
2. Freak and the moderators will not let me type what I really think about your cesspool of a school. I realize you are jealous that your school plays games on a field named for a UT player but get over it.
Yes I'm jealous that our best COACH played ball at UT lol.

Hey Techfan1, you need not worry but simply wait. Once GT beats or almost beats UT, every single one of these rat-weasle internet tough guys will be posting things like this.....

"y'all need to step off the ledge. GT is A VERY good program and your expectations were stupidly unrealistic"

"people who thought we would stomp GT are idiots. They clearly don't know anything about football. They are a tough football team"

You wait and watch. They said the same dang things after we nearly got devastated by Appy St.

These fools are sunburnt. They will sing a different tune in September.

I have no problem saying UT should beat GT 100 out of 100 times. I'm not saying we would. I'm saying that's the expectation. Also you won't see me posting anything different after the fact.

I'm just talking smack BTW.

Last edited:
Living in Atlanta period doesn't help.

Marietta and the other suburbs aren't bad. Was stationed at Robins AFB and would stay at billeting at Dobbins in Marietta when my fiancé visited.

Every time someone complains about DFW traffic, I tell them to drive around Atlanta.

Just tell them to head to Austin. Spent the longest four months of my life there last year.

Austin sucked almost as much as Georgia Tech.

VN Store

Back