Why do y'all say GT sucks?

Do you not go on GT forums or is that just a cop-out answer to my question.

Yes, I'm on just one GT forum and I have yet to see one person say UT sucks, if it's out there show me. I'm not saying it's not but I haven't seen it. I also can't see every single message on the board.

Techfan,

I don't think anyone on this forum truly think GT sucks. Y'all had a good season last year, CPJ is a good coach IMO and to me, I've never liked this match up. It's going to be a tough, dangerous game. We (Tennessee fans) watched us pull out a win first game against Appy St. last year, Ohio U gave us fits, we laid turds against USCe and Vandy. It wasn't pretty. We just don't seem to handle opponents very well with this style of offense. Hard to get a handle on it. I think as we get closer to game time, this 3.5 spread becomes a pick em'. Last time I saw UT play Tech was 1985/86 or so. I watched us lose at Bobby Dodd Stadium when we were a pretty good team. Anyone in their right mind on this board won't take GT for granted.

I do, i think GT sucks. :)

Yes, I'm on just one GT forum and I have yet to see one person say UT sucks, if it's out there show me. I'm not saying it's not but I haven't seen it. I also can't see every single message on the board.

This sounds like he thinks we suck, but he doesn't actually use the word suck. I really don't have time to look through all the post to find it.

UT is a öööö program. That's really it. A öööö team in an awful division, arguably one of the worst divisions in the power 5. Why are we debating the UT game? We may lose but we'll probably win and it will be the 5th or 6th "best" win of the year come January.
Dirty Jacket, Friday at 7:20 AM #51

But pretty much every team cut blocks including UT, we just do it more often. I'll leave it at this though so we don't start another cut block debate lol.

I would like to talk about cut blocks! It's bs and the ky game your players should have been suspended and I hope we use our back up d line bc we have more talent and I hope we just slam you on your face and stay healthy and just out score you and play to not get hurt bc if you cheap shot us then maybe something happens by accident

The acc coaches said flat out that your hole system is bs bc of your blocking and your trying to hurt people but just like the helmet hit at t@m on berry by #12 ! Warrior went head hunting if your team plays dirty than your going to be face down in the mud ! Keep clean and go home with a moral victory of wow they only beat us by 21 and we held up in the first half! We gotta play your game keep they ball bleed the game out and keep our D fresh like brushing your teeth! Bc when your line gets a taste of how much stronger we are I know the cheap shots are coming

This sounds like he thinks we suck, but he doesn't actually use the word suck. I really don't have time to look through all the post to find it.

UT is a öööö program. That's really it. A öööö team in an awful division, arguably one of the worst divisions in the power 5. Why are we debating the UT game? We may lose but we'll probably win and it will be the 5th or 6th "best" win of the year come January.
Dirty Jacket, Friday at 7:20 AM #51

Yea I could see that, I think a lot of comments like that come because a lot of media outlets don't give us a chance and GT fans think it's crazy, so they kinda lash out. I do see where you could get that though.

And yes you all suck bc you resort to dirty play to win like a boxer put chemicals in another boxers eye

Do some research on cut blocks and then come tell me your proof of GT being dirty with them. I'd like you to find just 1 guy hurt by us from a cut block. When you can't find it you might realize it's a misconception painted by others because they don't like playing against it (which is understandable) so they need an excuse......

Hey Techfan1, we always do a "make fun of" thread for whoever we're playing. Take no offense to it the week of the game. It's always been just playful jabs.

Hey Techfan1, we always do a "make fun of" thread for whoever we're playing. Take no offense to it the week of the game. It's always been just playful jabs.

I won't even comment on it lol. I actually like that idea and maybe will implement it on our board.

I won't even comment on it lol. I actually like that idea and maybe will implement it on our board.

It's always fun, and just to get people fired up. Pop in around the Georgia game week cause I have plenty of dawg stuff saved that you can steal and use!

Reactions: 1 person
They will be tough because we rarely ever see that type of offense...Hard to simulate it in practice...Still think we win though...GBO !!!

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone with experience with this cutblock gimmick scheme, how do you teach the dl to face it without losing site of your objective.
Seems like it works by drawing attention to the rubbish knee assault and off the ball flow long enough that the option gets a jump on you.
Honest question.

I don't get it, we get this often from other teams as well. Is it because of the offensive system and because people don't like the cut blocks? up until 2015 we were tied for the most active consecutive bowl appearances. We won the orange bowl in 2014 with 11 wins. We have been below .500 only once in recent years. We had 9 wins last year with 3 coming against the sec east. We hold a 5-5 record against Clemson and a 5-5 record against FSU since Paul Johnson has been our coach. So why do people say we suck when these facts are more than most other teams can say that we play. Imo it's a misconception based on the fact that we run the offensive system we run, so a lot are just uninformed about us. If there is actually reason why people say this besides, because we cut block and run the system we run (which are not reasons a team would suck) please tell me. Not trying to start anything, this is a serious question.
Back to the original question. Why does a vacuum suck? I don't know. It just does. No sense overthinking it.

Anyone with experience with this cutblock gimmick scheme, how do you teach the dl to face it without losing site of your objective.
Seems like it works by drawing attention to the rubbish knee assault and off the ball flow long enough that the option gets a jump on you.
Honest question.

I would have the DL step a yard back and not be on top of the ball at the snap. Alot of their plays calls for the cut block right at the snap.

VN Store

Back