Why do y'all say GT sucks?

I would like to talk about cut blocks! It's bs and the ky game your players should have been suspended and I hope we use our back up d line bc we have more talent and I hope we just slam you on your face and stay healthy and just out score you and play to not get hurt bc if you cheap shot us then maybe something happens by accident

Suspended for a pancake block. You don't want us to cut. You don't want us to stand up to block. The only thing left is for us to just let your dline through. Are y'all THAT lazy?

Suspended for a pancake block. You don't want us to cut. You don't want us to stand up to block. The only thing left is for us to just let your dline through. Are y'all THAT lazy?

Post less. :)

Reactions: 1 person
The acc coaches said flat out that your hole system is bs bc of your blocking and your trying to hurt people but just like the helmet hit at t@m on berry by #12 ! Warrior went head hunting if your team plays dirty than your going to be face down in the mud ! Keep clean and go home with a moral victory of wow they only beat us by 21 and we held up in the first half! We gotta play your game keep they ball bleed the game out and keep our D fresh like brushing your teeth! Bc when your line gets a taste of how much stronger we are I know the cheap shots are coming

"Hole system"? Is this referring to how our OL creates holes? Also, the dirty play that occurs between a couple of sec teams has nothing to do with our game. It would be nice if y'all could leave your dirty play at home and save it for alabama.

"I'm drowning on their board, Biff!" "I've already exhausted every avenue I have in selling cut blocks as innocent love taps to the knee...they ain't buyin!" "I need my closer...I need my man...I need you!"

-intercepted internet transmission

Reactions: 2 people
"I'm drowning on their board, Biff!" "I've already exhausted every avenue I have in selling cut blocks as innocent love taps to the knee...they ain't buyin!" "I need my closer...I need my man...I need you!"

-intercepted internet transmission

Lol.

Funny he picked Mink to pick on. He's in for a surprise. :lol:

"Hole system"? Is this referring to how our OL creates holes? Also, the dirty play that occurs between a couple of sec teams has nothing to do with our game. It would be nice if y'all could leave your dirty play at home and save it for alabama.

He don't spell good...or use pun...ktcha...he don't spell good! I don't know what your intentions were with the remainder of your post. Enjoy your stay. :hi:

Lol.

Funny he picked Mink to pick on. He's in for a surprise. :lol:

Mink is scary. You just leave him alone and hope he doesn't kill too many livestock or innocent woodland creatures.

And the real time play.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/JzgQ4Rjw94E[/youtube]

That's funny. Go to 16 and 17 seconds on the camera from the end zone and watch 3 Tennessee players execute what y'all are considering to be 2 chop blocks. The rule goes back to who engages whom.

Edit: There is actually a third one attempted but the Tennessee receiver whiffed on it I think.

Edit # 2: Looking at it again - depending on what year this is, if the receiver that is throwing the cut block makes contact, even without anyone else making contact, it is an illegal cut block by itself.

Last edited:
That's funny. Go to 16 and 17 seconds on the camera from the end zone and watch 3 Tennessee players execute what y'all are considering to be 2 chop blocks. The rule goes back to who engages whom.

Edit: There is actually a third one attempted but the Tennessee receiver whiffed on it I think.

Edit # 2: Looking at it again - depending on what year this is, if the receiver that is throwing the cut block makes contact, even without anyone else making contact, it is an illegal cut block by itself.

That's a tight end and he touches nobody.

So this is your "other teams cut block too, we just do more of it"?

There wasn't a single cut block (much less chop block) in that play.

• The Vols TE missed a block to the mid-section of the KY safety who ran up into the zone. The S slipped off to the side and evaded the block. Yes, the TE ended up on the ground, but that's only because he missed the block. Not a cut block. In fact, not a block at all, no contact.
  • The Vols RT was mauled by two Kentucky defenders...looked almost like they thought he was the ball carrier. That's why he went to the ground. Not a cut block.
  • The Vols RG fell over the TE who went to the ground. Touched no one on the way down (until he fell on top of a KY defender who was already prone). Not a cut block.
So...are misinterpretations like this the reason some Ga Tech fans say that other teams cut block, too? Do you just count it as a cut block every time someone goes prone, because, you know, when your guys go prone it's usually in execution of a cut block?

Very curious tape breakdown on your part, I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Here's an iso on the key players being discussed in that play:

2wl6km.png

From left to right in the picture (right to left of the offense), you see our TE, our RT, our RG, and the RB.

Notice the extreme angle of the legs of our TE and the Kentucky S (#27). The S just cut inside, hard, and the TE is trying to follow. Otherwise, our TE would've been making contact with him right about this moment. Notice where they would've contacted each other: shoulder to mid-section. No cut block intended.

And in fact, no cut block in execution, either, because that extreme cut by the S caused the TE to miss him entirely.

Next, look at our RT. Notice how the two defenders nearest him are treating him almost as if he's the ball carrier. #27 made that really hard cut to get to the actual RB, but the other two are focused entirely on the RT...while our RB cuts through the line BEHIND them, off to the right of the image. The defenders both wrap the RT up before the play ends, and they all end up on the ground. They either somehow thought he had the ball, or just wanted to take him down out of spite.

Finally, you'll have to go back to the video to see how the RG does trip over the TE, but doesn't "block" (or contact) anyone else, until he lands on one of those defenders who is already on the ground.

Just gotta watch the tape closely, and you can see these nuances. Not a single cut block (or chop block) anywhere.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
1) GT does NOT suck JMO
2) I believe they should make a rule that will STOP blocking directed at the knees
3) We both can AGREE that we hate UGA
4) I believe this game will be entertaining and decided late in the fourth quarter
5) I hope both teams are injury free the entire season
6) After the game despite the outcome I hope everyone will shake hands and wish both teams success the rest of the season
7) Most IMPORTANTLY GO VOLS!!!!!!!

1) GT does NOT suck JMO
2) I believe they should make a rule that will STOP blocking directed at the knees
3) We both can AGREE that we hate UGA
4) I believe this game will be entertaining and decided late in the fourth quarter
5) I hope both teams are injury free the entire season
6) After the game despite the outcome I hope everyone will shake hands and wish both teams success the rest of the season
7) Most IMPORTANTLY GO VOLS!!!!!!!

Agreed on every point, brother, except maybe #4. Good chance we whup dey butts pretty good. Then again, could be a good tight game, just as you say.

So this is your "other teams cut block too, we just do more of it"?

There wasn't a single cut block in that play.

• The Vols TE missed a block to the mid-section of the KY safety who ran up into the zone. The S slipped off to the side and evaded the block. Yes, the TE ended up on the ground, but that's only because he missed the block. Not a cut block. In fact, not a block at all, no contact.
  • The Vols RT was mauled by three Kentucky defenders...looked almost like they thought he was the ball carrier. That's why he went to the ground. Not a cut block.
  • The Vols RG fell over the TE who went to the ground. Touched no one on the way down (until he fell on top of a KY defender who was already prone). Not a cut block.
So...are misinterpretations like this the reason some Ga Tech fans say that other teams cut block, too? Do you just count it as a cut block every time someone goes prone, because, you know, when your guys go prone it's usually in execution of a cut block?

Very curious tape breakdown on your part, I think.

Wasn't curious at all. You've helped me out a lot if all your fans on here that are citing our bowl game with Kentucky will just read what you said. Many of your fans are repeating over and over that we injured Kentucky players with chop or legal cut blocks that were dirty when in fact the injuries occurred when the same type of blocking that Orange Vol1321's video shows was being used. That is why I worded my post as saying "y'all are considering..." . I don't think there was a single illegal block made on the play but I appreciate your help in getting the word out.

By the transitive property, if what we did against Kentucky is dirty with players suspended, then what y'all did against Kentucky was dirty and your players should have been suspended.

By the way, the whiffer may play tight end but he was lined up as an h-back or slot.

Wasn't curious at all. You've helped me out a lot if all your fans on here that are citing our bowl game with Kentucky will just read what you said. Many of your fans are repeating over and over that we injured Kentucky players with chop or legal cut blocks that were dirty when in fact the injuries occurred when the same type of blocking that Orange Vol1321's video shows was being used. That is why I worded my post as saying "y'all are considering..." . I don't think there was a single illegal block made on the play but I appreciate your help in getting the word out.

By the transitive property, if what we did against Kentucky is dirty with players suspended, then what y'all did against Kentucky was dirty and your players should have been suspended.

Transitive property doesn't help you at all here.

Just because there was no cut blocking, clipping, or chop blocking in that Tennessee-vs-Kentucky play, that doesn't mean Georgia Tech is free of low blocks in their game against Kentucky.

Georgia Tech players were nowhere in that video clip. So it doesn't help you a bit.

But nice try. ;)

Here's an iso on the key players being discussed in that play:

2wl6km.png

From left to right in the picture (right to left of the offense), you see our TE, our RT, our RG, and the RB.

Notice the extreme angle of the legs of our TE and the Kentucky S (#27). The S just cut inside, hard, and the TE is trying to follow. Otherwise, our TE would've been making contact with him right about this moment. Notice where they would've contacted each other: shoulder to mid-section. No cut block intended.

And in fact, no cut block in execution, either, because that extreme cut by the S caused the TE to miss him entirely.

Next, look at our RT. Notice how the two defenders nearest him are treating him almost as if he's the ball carrier. #27 made that really hard cut to get to the actual RB, but the other two are focused entirely on the RT...while our RB cuts through the line BEHIND them, off to the right of the image. The defenders both wrap the RT up before the play ends, and they all end up on the ground. They either somehow thought he had the ball, or just wanted to take him down out of spite.

Finally, you'll have to go back to the video to see how the RG does trip over the TE, but doesn't "block" (or contact) anyone else, until he lands on one of those defenders who is already on the ground.

Just gotta watch the tape closely, and you can see these nuances. Not a single cut block (or chop block) anywhere.

Go Vols!

Exactly! Please explain this to your whiny fans that are complaining about our bowl game with Kentucky. They would rather agree with Stoops than watch it for themselves. Even the announcers backhandedly called him stupid.

Transitive property doesn't help you at all here.

Just because there was no cut blocking, clipping, or chop blocking in that Tennessee-vs-Kentucky play, that doesn't mean Georgia Tech is free of low blocks in their game against Kentucky.

Georgia Tech players were nowhere in that video clip. So it doesn't help you a bit.

But nice try. ;)

Again, you're just believing Stoops instead of watching the plays yourself or listening to the announcers when they review them in slow motion.

Exactly! Please explain this to your whiny fans that are complaining about our bowl game with Kentucky. They would rather agree with Stoops than watch it for themselves. Even the announcers backhandedly called him stupid.

(1) Vols fans aren't whiny. Even the Vols fan that I like the least, I like him more than I like you. Because you're not a Vols fan. So, you can suck it for insulting my brothers and sisters.

(2) I proved that no Tennessee players blocked low in that play. That does nothing in defense of your low-blocking Yellowjackets. You're gonna have to come up with a way to try to defend them yourself. Suspect you're gonna fail, because you know...you guys block low all the time.

Bottom line: by saying "you're right, which means I'm right too," you're displaying a distinct lack of logic. Which is fooling no one here.

But nice try. ;)

Again, you're just believing Stoops instead of watching the plays yourself or listening to the announcers when they review them in slow motion.

(1) Don't know what you're talking about. Didn't watch your game vs Kentucky, and don't plan to catch it later.

(2) Since I didn't see that game, or what Stoops may have said during or after it, kinda makes it impossible for me to "believe" him.

(3) Why on earth would you believe the announcers in their breakdown of a play? Some of the worst analysis I've ever seen has come from play-by-play and color announcers during bowl games.

(4) I could watch it myself, but feel no interest in catching a year-old Ga Tech vs Kentucky game. Just doesn't appeal to me at all.

But thanks for the reply, you just keep trying with your flawed logic!

VN Store

Back