Why do y'all say GT sucks?

Just tell them to head to Austin. Spent the longest four months of my life there last year.

Austin sucked almost as much as Georgia Tech.

I'm usually so worn out by the bottleneck on I-35 from DFW, that nothing else matters.

Do some research on cut blocks and then come tell me your proof of GT being dirty with them. I'd like you to find just 1 guy hurt by us from a cut block. When you can't find it you might realize it's a misconception painted by others because they don't like playing against it (which is understandable) so they need an excuse......
How many players did you hurt in the ky game buddy ? And your pucking futs homie I had never watched gt before bc their was never a reason but if your a fan and you don't think your style of play hurts people your dumb

Reactions: 3 people
How many players did you hurt in the ky game buddy ? And your pucking futs homie I had never watched gt before bc their was never a reason but if your a fan and you don't think your style of play hurts people your dumb

Show me where we have hurt a player with our CUT blocks? You call me dumb but you obviously don't know how the guys got injured in the UK game so I'll tell you. Both guys got hurt from DRIVE blocks not CUTS the announcers even said they were cut lol. You just said you've never watched a GT game yet you make the statement saying our style of play hurts people when you can't show me/ prove to me when it has happened.

GT by no means sucks. As a matter of fact they are a good football team. Any Vol fan who thinks we will just walk all over GT is delusional. This is a game we could lose very easily. Actually, I think we lose a close one to GT. I just dont have much faith in the defense and the offense has to replace about 95% of its production from last year.

Of course you think we'll lose.....what else would anyone expect from you?

Reactions: 4 people
Hey Techfan1, you need not worry but simply wait. Once GT beats or almost beats UT, every single one of these rat-weasle internet tough guys will be posting things like this.....

"y'all need to step off the ledge. GT is A VERY good program and your expectations were stupidly unrealistic"

"people who thought we would stomp GT are idiots. They clearly don't know anything about football. They are a tough football team"

You wait and watch. They said the same dang things after we nearly got devastated by Appy St.

These fools are sunburnt. They will sing a different tune in September.

I have no problem saying UT should beat GT 100 out of 100 times. I'm not saying we would. I'm saying that's the expectation. Also you won't see me posting anything different after the fact.

I'm just talking smack BTW.

What you say about what gets said before then after a game is true, but I think if you pay attention, you'll find that most of the time, it's not by the same posters.

It's also true that you are consistent and predictable. The first sign of poor performance this season and we'll see posts bashing the coaches, players and fans. Like this....

"Butch is a gutless coward"

"I literally can't stand to look at Dobbs egg head. What a moron."

"Dobbs might as well fumble it too. I literally can't stand any of these players. Poor Barnette having to play with these guys and these coaches. What a huge mistake on his part."

"every single one of these rat-weasle internet tough guys"

Just wait and watch. Lol, That last one cracks me up, "every single one". :crazy:

Most won't see it, cause they have you on ignore, but this sunburnt fool will.:)

I'm just talking smack by the way.

Reactions: 1 person
Stanford signed and signs top players. Names like Luck,Mccaffery and Love? Maybe not "top 10" but considerable digits above what Georgia Tech is dragging out of the club.

And...

The discussion is on whether GT can consistently recruit at a top 10 level. You brought Stanford into the discussion. Whether they can recruit at a higher level than GT is irrelevant. Can they consistently recruit at a top 10 level? I don't think so. Schools with higher academic standards are going to be at a recruiting disadvantage against the top tier program.

Don't disagree with that at all.

People don't like the system but have no clue of how good he is at coaching, he knows his football, he doesn't even use a play sheet for play calling, and has an ability to hit your weakness and see things in real game time that he can exploit. After all he's the 4th most winningest coach in college football of active coaches.

And...

The discussion is on whether GT can consistently recruit at a top 10 level. You brought Stanford into the discussion. Whether they can recruit at a higher level than GT is irrelevant. Can they consistently recruit at a top 10 level? I don't think so. Schools with higher academic standards are going to be at a recruiting disadvantage against the top tier program.

AND

He brought up academics as a recruiting hindrance. Not sure why "top 10" is your bar for these particular examples. Stanford consistently produces NFL talent AND recruits at a top 20 level. He didn't really need your protection, he cited the heavy math requirements as a factor and that made sense.

People don't like the system but have no clue of how good he is at coaching, he knows his football, he doesn't even use a play sheet for play calling, and has an ability to hit your weakness and see things in real game time that he can exploit. After all he's the 4th most winningest coach in college football of active coaches.

And IMHO there it is. A classic example of why folks think schools who consider themselves to be academically superior suck. They think they are more smarter or most best. That is all. Carry on....:)

Reactions: 2 people
And IMHO there it is. A classic example of why folks think schools who consider themselves to be academically superior suck. They think they are more smarter or most best. That is all. Carry on....:)

That's the most funniest thing I've seen in quite sometime. Lol

Show me where we have hurt a player with our CUT blocks? You call me dumb but you obviously don't know how the guys got injured in the UK game so I'll tell you. Both guys got hurt from DRIVE blocks not CUTS the announcers even said they were cut lol. You just said you've never watched a GT game yet you make the statement saying our style of play hurts people when you can't show me/ prove to me when it has happened.

Your trying way to hard man. When a cut block hurts someone your going to call it a chop or a drive block?
Anyhoo, here is how you block.

Notice how every OL is on his feet? Lol

Attachments

• OZ-1.2.jpg
    OZ-1.2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 0
  • OZ-1.3.jpg
    OZ-1.3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Your trying way to hard man. When a cut block hurts someone your going to call it a chop or a drive block?
Anyhoo, here is how you block.

Notice how every OL is on his feet? Lol

No..... the two guys that got hurt from KU were on DRIVE blocks. Just because we were cut blocking doesn't have any thing to do with the ones getting hurt from a DRIVE block. Go watch and even listen to the announcers if you don't believe me. I don't see how, when someone gets hurt from a cut I'm going to say it's a chop or drive block . Like I said, show me proof of GT hurting someone with a CUT block and I'll stop. I've asked you to do this multiple times and you have yet to do so. Carry on though.....

I'm a little confused at what you are trying to get at? Me not understand.

Last edited:
No..... the two guys that got hurt from KU were on DRIVE blocks. Just because we were cut blocking doesn't have any thing to do with the ones getting hurt from a DRIVE block. Go watch and even listen to the announcers if you don't believe me. I don't see how, when someone gets hurt from a cut I'm going to say it's a chop or drive block . Like I said, show me proof of GT hurting someone with a CUT block and I'll stop. I've asked you to do this multiple times and you have yet to do so. Carry on though.....

Techfan, did you ever stop to consider this?

Cut blocks are an integral precursor to chop blocks and clips and other illegal blocks. After all, a clip is just a cut block where the defensive player is turned the other way. And a chop block is just a cut block while another offensive player is in contact with the defender.

So everywhere you see a chop block or a clip, you see a cut block.

So a team that cut blocks a lot (a LOT) is going to have more chop blocks and clips, because "stuff happens." A defender turns away just before you dive...clip. A fellow OL member makes contact just as you dive...chop block.

So your "no, only show me cut blocks" defense kinda misses the point. If you're injuring a lot of people with chop blocks and clips, the primordial reason for it is because there are so many chances for those illegal blocks to occur, because you cut block all the time.

So maybe your argument is invalid.

Something to think about, anyway.

Techfan, did you ever stop to consider this?

Cut blocks are an integral precursor to chop blocks and clips and other illegal blocks. After all, a clip is just a cut block where the defensive player is turned the other way. And a chop block is just a cut block while another offensive player is in contact with the defender.

So everywhere you see a chop block or a clip, you see a cut block.

So a team that cut blocks a lot (a LOT) is going to have more chop blocks and clips, because "stuff happens." A defender turns away just before you dive...clip. A fellow OL member makes contact just as you dive...chop block.

So your "no, only show me cut blocks" defense kinda misses the point. If you're injuring a lot of people with chop blocks and clips, the primordial reason for it is because there are so many chances for those illegal blocks to occur, because you cut block all the time.

So maybe your argument is invalid.

Something to think about, anyway.
Ok let's go with that then. I'll agree 100 percent the chance of those things are higher because we cut block. So show me where GT has hurt someone with a cut, chop, or clip? I've seen one shown and it was back in 2012. It's not a very common thing. People keep acting like we hurt guys every game but that's just not the case.

Ok let's go with that then. I'll agree 100 percent the chance of those things are higher because we cut block. So show me where GT has hurt someone with a cut, chop, or clip? I've seen one shown and it was back in 2012. It's not a very common thing. People keep acting like we hurt guys every game but that's just not the case.
I'm going to cut block you

I don't get it, we get this often from other teams as well. Is it because of the offensive system and because people don't like the cut blocks? up until 2015 we were tied for the most active consecutive bowl appearances. We won the orange bowl in 2014 with 11 wins. We have been below .500 only once in recent years. We had 9 wins last year with 3 coming against the sec east. We hold a 5-5 record against Clemson and a 5-5 record against FSU since Paul Johnson has been our coach. So why do people say we suck when these facts are more than most other teams can say that we play. Imo it's a misconception based on the fact that we run the offensive system we run, so a lot are just uninformed about us. If there is actually reason why people say this besides, because we cut block and run the system we run (which are not reasons a team would suck) please tell me. Not trying to start anything, this is a serious question.

I've got 4-5 against Clemson and 3-2 against FSU. And Paul Johnson has only been at GT 9 years not 10. I think GTs fans may suck simply because they apparently don't know a lot about their own team.

I've got 4-5 against Clemson and 3-2 against FSU. And Paul Johnson has only been at GT 9 years not 10. I think GTs fans may suck simply because they apparently don't know a lot about their own team.

We are 3-2 against FSU that was my bad. Against Clemson we are 5-5 because of a acccg so we played them twice in 2009. But you make a lot of sense that the teams sucks because fans don't know their own team. Real logical thinking there.

Last edited:
We are 3-2 against FSU that was my bad. Against Clemson we are 5-5 because of a acccg so we played them twice in 2009. But you make a lot of sense that the teams sucks because fans don't know their own team. Real logical thinking there.

Didn't say that. I said GTs fans suck for not knowing a lot about their own team. Apparently your reading comprehension sucks as well.

VN Store

Back