'22 TX WR Evan Stewart (Oregon)

Baron didn’t get more money because it was decided the NIL was better used directed towards retaining Pearce and others.

I mean, we literally retained Thomas, Mays, Campbell, Spraggins etc. All because of NIL. But yeah stop paying because Baron left.
You missed my point, IDGAF about kids who play at UT only for the money. That was the last straw for me on it when he left... If you want to simp for kids that will leave the moment someone else offers them more, go ahead. The College Football I grew up loving is gone. College football is damaged and it really looks like there isn't a way to repair it. Keep up the good fight though EdEcEko77.

You missed my point, IDGAF about kids who play at UT only for the money. That was the last straw for me on it when he left... If you want to simp for kids that will leave the moment someone else offers them more, go ahead. The College Football I grew up loving is gone. College football is damaged and it really looks like there isn't a way to repair it. Keep up the good fight though EdEcEko77.
The college football of your past? You mean like paying players under the table lol

Those DB offers UGA/Bama come along the lines of Pruitts way of thinking. They will almost always push a kid to defense if he is elite on that side of the ball. Which is why they always have strong DB play. Matthews pops on film, he broke his HS career receiving record with subpar QB play. His catch radius is nuts and he fights through contact for the ball. That will go perfect on those comeback routes Heup LOVES to run. Him and Bru you can still throw it to them with a DB in their face. Nimrod/Webb/Thornton not so much, they need to open.
5F38E639-DEFB-4169-9933-E7759C5D259A.png68BCF7B8-F1E4-4064-934A-9F39948ECEC4.png

Case in point^^^

Any fan who experienced the Kelly Washington era will tell you that having a character like that in your locker room is akin to walking blind through a minefield. I still think Fulmer lost a ton of respect from his roster based on how he handled Washington. Once you lose that it's very hard to get it back. Those bad seeds are sown over 3-4 classes and the effects linger/are passed on. Not worth the risk IMO.
And we will probably never know the whole story but there is a real possibility that a locker room issue cost us a spot in the playoff last year. Something was definitely off against South Carolina that night

That’s really the programs around the country fault for paying them what they ask, not the players.
I didn’t say it was the players “fault.” They are trying to make as much as they can, and teams are trying to get the best players they can. Meanwhile, fans are getting more and more frustrated.

Currently I donate monthly to St. Jude’s, Tunnels to Towers, Shriners Children Hospital and Wounded Warriors.
y’all can do the NIL thing.
No one is forcing you to be a fan. Put in it what you want. There are bandwagon fans, casual fans, fanatical fans and boosters. NIL is an opportunity for ordinary people to be boosters….to boost the program to what you want it to be. A lot of posters on here are just fanatical fans that really only want to complain about things not being the way they want it to be.

I think you’re all right. NIL is what it takes to win. A little each month to help your team win is not going to kill anyone. But people are going to continue getting more and more tired of doing so when players demands keep increasing while they continue leaving teams for something better. Biting the hand that feeds you, etc.
I believe that each program/collective will be watched by their base and results will determine the CONTINUED support levels. Players getting some funds AND performing responsibly will gain favor and funds, spending it on mobile mercenaries will result in reluctance by the masses.

Our “character counts” staff MAY keep our ratio at an acceptable level. Perfection unlikely. I do like the inbound guys so far for their on field and off field prospects.

The ratio of portal exits of those the staff tries to hold onto vs readily accepted entrants will be key also.

No one is forcing you to be a fan. Put in it what you want. There are bandwagon fans, casual fans, fanatical fans and boosters. NIL is an opportunity for ordinary people to be boosters….to boost the program to what you want it to be. A lot of posters on here are just fanatical fans that really only want to complain about things not being the way they want it to be.
Oh I’m a Tennessee fan and I have no idea where you think that I’m not. I only told you where my priorities lie. Wounded military and sick children are much higher on my donation list. Much higher.
Have you even served in the military?

Go VOLS

Oh I’m a Tennessee fan and I have no idea where you think that I’m not. I only told you where my priorities lie. Wounded military and sick children are much higher on my donation list. Much higher.
Have you even served in the military?

Go VOLS
I have no idea where you got the idea I said you are not a fan. I only said that there are different kinds of fans. You can choose to be any one of those or not one. Obviously you have other priorities you are very proud of. Assuming you actually do that then of course that is more important. 99% of the people on here would agree. Now back to the reason we’re all here….Tennessee football. (And not that it has anything to do with that, but.. No, I haven’t served in the military. My family has going back to the American Revolution and in Tennessee when it was merely a territory.)

Agreed. Very excited to have him back. Not sure if it’s an injury you fully recover from in one year though.
He was already walking on the stairmaster at the end of November.

He'll be fine by fall camp. He just won't be able to prepare for the combine so that's why he's coming back. Needs to prove he can stay healthy in general. He's been banged up a lot in his career.

He'll be fine by fall camp. He just won't be able to prepare for the combine so that's why he's coming back. Needs to prove he can stay healthy in general. He's been banged up a lot in his career.
Any insight on Thornton’s recovery?

I agree at some point we need to start getting our HS recruits some decent run behind the top 3. It’s wild to think that we could finish out year 4 of the Heupel era with Squirrel being the only of his HS WR recruits to really contribute. TBH a 2 deep shown below would be more than capable of producing at a high level with good QB play:

WR1 - Bru, Matthews
WR2 - Squirrel, Staley
WR3 - Brazzell, Nimrod
This is not a knock on you. But I find it funny whenever fans tend to discuss rosters that they forget about the recruiting class from the year prior and always go with veterans and the current class.

I hope so, but just in case he needs to go down the hall and talk to ZZ and ask him what the magic sauce is.

I actually think WR will be fine next year. There are bigger needs than WR and limited numbers.
we were told WR would be fine this year and it was not. with the construction of Heupels offense and what Nico is expected to bring, especially after today, i think it is important to target a couple big play recievers if possible. if you had said "barring injuries, I actually think WR will be fine next year." then i might not disagree so much, but injuries is what hurt the WR corps (along with incosistent QB play to some degree) this year and you cannot predict injuries and must be prepared when that position is so much importance to your offense

we were told WR would be fine this year and it was not. with the construction of Heupels offense and what Nico is expected to bring, especially after today, i think it is important to target a couple big play recievers if possible. if you had said "barring injuries, I actually think WR will be fine next year." then i might not disagree so much, but injuries is what hurt the WR corps (along with incosistent QB play to some degree) this year and you cannot predict injuries and must be prepared when that position is so much importance to your offense

How many really good WRs do you think teams have?

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back