'22 TX WR Evan Stewart (Oregon)

I would take Nolen over Lott anyday. But I’d prefer to have both. Again, let’s see what next year looks like. The only stat that matters are wins and losses.
Nah, I’ll take it as a wash. Most of UT’s DT’s are coming back next year, and the young edge guys have shown a lot of promise. Nolen may be more physically gifted than Lott, but Lott seems to be bough in to winning championships. Nolen seems to be bought into Nolen. Still don’t think Nolen would play for CRG. He would get butt hurt the moment Coach G scolded (coached) him. UT needs dudes, not egos. UofM will underperform next year because kiffy is not the type of coach that runs a no nonsense program. The only thing that will get the max potential out of Nolen is for him to be humbled a bit. Then he’ll see that he has to actually work for it. Sadly, I think Baron is headed down that road too. The only thing that UofM is going to do for either of them is get them a big NIL deal.

Nah, I’ll take it as a wash. Most of UT’s DT’s are coming back next year, and the young edge guys have shown a lot of promise. Nolen may be more physically gifted than Lott, but Lott seems to be bough in to winning championships. Nolen seems to be bought into Nolen. Still don’t think Nolen would play for CRG. He would get butt hurt the moment Coach G scolded (coached) him. UT needs dudes, not egos. UofM will underperform next year because kiffy is not the type of coach that runs a no nonsense program. The only thing that will get the max potential out of Nolen is for him to be humbled a bit. Then he’ll see that he has to actually work for it. Sadly, I think Baron is headed down that road too. The only thing that UofM is going to do for either of them is get them a big NIL deal.
UT needs the best players and to win games. You guys can speculate on attitudes all you want. I don’t care about Nolen anymore because he isn’t playing for us but he’s not the bust yall try to make him out to be. And we need elite linemen. We are nowhere near elite in depth across the board. Which is why our defense gets spanked by our rivals.

UT needs the best players and to win games. You guys can speculate on attitudes all you want. I don’t care about Nolen anymore because he isn’t playing for us but he’s not the bust yall try to make him out to be. And we need elite linemen. We are nowhere near elite in depth across the board. Which is why our defense gets spanked by our rivals.
So Washington has the best players??? Who knew??

Our D line isn’t our problem. GBO

There is a difference in being a bust and not being worth the cost to acquire his level of talent. Really want some leadership from high dollar NIL guys, and I don't see that in him. He will surely make some plays, but simply don't see him in the Reggie White every down respect from the opposition mode. Really have to wonder how he would take to RG methodologies. I believe we can get a bigger bang for our NIL bucks in the May window if not from some late additions over the next few days in this window.

No judgment from me, but the message board chatter (so TIFWIW) on the guy is that he doesn’t go to class, smokes a lot of weed, and along with several others from the ATM 2022 class, completely ran over Fisher. Took himself out of the last four games of their season and it wasn’t for injury. Like some have said, not a criminal or bad seed, but expected a different set of rules to apply to him, and that can disrupt culture on a team. An undeniable NFL talent if he locks in on doing the work he needs to, but do we have the WR room leadership to bring that out of him?
A good culture and Mentor could change a kids attitude.

So Washington has the best players??? Who knew??
Does Washington play in the SEC and regularly face teams like Bama and Georgia? There's a reason 4 of the last 5 NCs were won by an SEC team.

Don't get me wrong. I hope Washington wins the whole damn thing. But it's also a fallacy to pretend that having all the best players doesn't boost your odds. There's a reason all the talking heads are picking Bama to win it all, despite being seeded fourth. I hope Bama fails miserably.

With the news of Bru coming back today I now think there is a 0% chance of this happening.
Didn't see that news. Even so, do we know if he'll be 100% on his return or how quickly he'll reach that point? Regardless, and no offense to him, but Bru is a great blocker and a go to possession receiver, but he's not a guy who will really stretch a defense. We need game breakers. Not sure Bru is that kind of threat. Not saying I want Stewart, but I wouldn't close the door to a really talented wide receiver based on news of Bru making a return.

Didn't see that news. Even so, do we know if he'll be 100% on his return or how quickly he'll reach that point? Regardless, and no offense to him, but Bru is a great blocker and a go to possession receiver, but he's not a guy who will really stretch a defense. We need game breakers. Not sure Bru is that kind of threat. Not saying I want Stewart, but I wouldn't close the door to a really talented wide receiver based on news of Bru making a return.
Bru is something that we don’t have. Squirrel, Thornton, and Matthews can stretch a defense, but Bru can beat man coverage too. He did it in 2022. Him coming back really helps.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Does Washington play in the SEC and regularly face teams like Bama and Georgia? There's a reason 4 of the last 5 NCs were won by an SEC team.

Don't get me wrong. I hope Washington wins the whole damn thing. But it's also a fallacy to pretend that having all the best players doesn't boost your odds. There's a reason all the talking heads are picking Bama to win it all, despite being seeded fourth. I hope Bama fails miserably.
Yep. Don't see Washington or Michigan taking Bama down tho. And now that Milroe has come into his own at QB, I don't think Texas can get 'em again either. Hate bama getting another title, but at least the dawgs won't get that 3 peat.

Yep. Don't see Washington or Michigan taking Bama down tho. And now that Milroe has come into his own at QB, I don't think Texas can get 'em again either. Hate bama getting another title, but at least the dawgs won't get that 3 peat.
Not going to stop hoping Michigan wipes the field with 'em, then loses to Washington.

Well things have changed drastically with this kid, looked like a forgone conclusion to Texas early on imo. But now I think we or FSU may have the best shots, Bru coming back won’t really affect this imo. We ain’t gonna hit the offer he wants (it’s a lot) but no one really is, so he may just end up with where he’s more comfortable.

VN Store

Back