PSA: Support Spyre and The Volunteer Club

The Tennessee NIL Collective, Spyre Sports Group, will be at or near the top of most of these "The Best NIL Collectives in College Football" lists ...

The Top 10 NIL Collectives in college football according to On3

In this particular list from On3, Tennessee's Spyre Sports Group is #1.

From the article :

1. Tennessee - Spyre Sports Group

"The best NIL collective on this list is indisputably the Spyre Sports Group of Tennessee. On3's article highlighted Spyre's role in one of the biggest stories in the history of NIL : Nico Iamaleava's contract with Spyre that had a total value of 8 million dollars. Spyre has it all : a wide base of boosters, a large balance of cash, and a mission designed to allow athletes to pursue their passions and maximize their profits.What might've set Spyre apart from A&M's 12th Man and Fund is the presence of a creativity that some said was lacking in "The Fund's," processes. One example of this is Spyre's process of having member brands, such as a fast-casual burger restaurant, that can be paired with member athletes (perhaps an athlete with an interest in culinary arts), in a way that best suits both parties."
This is good to see

The Tennessee NIL Collective, Spyre Sports Group, will be at or near the top of most of these "The Best NIL Collectives in College Football" lists ...

The Top 10 NIL Collectives in college football according to On3

In this particular list from On3, Tennessee's Spyre Sports Group is #1.

From the article :

1. Tennessee - Spyre Sports Group

"The best NIL collective on this list is indisputably the Spyre Sports Group of Tennessee. On3's article highlighted Spyre's role in one of the biggest stories in the history of NIL : Nico Iamaleava's contract with Spyre that had a total value of 8 million dollars. Spyre has it all : a wide base of boosters, a large balance of cash, and a mission designed to allow athletes to pursue their passions and maximize their profits.What might've set Spyre apart from A&M's 12th Man and Fund is the presence of a creativity that some said was lacking in "The Fund's," processes. One example of this is Spyre's process of having member brands, such as a fast-casual burger restaurant, that can be paired with member athletes (perhaps an athlete with an interest in culinary arts), in a way that best suits both parties."

But there’s a random poster saying we don’t have enough money to get the players we need

Are Volunteer Club and Spyre separate things?
They are the same entity. VOL Club is just the connection point for the fanbase to donate to Spyre. Basically the "face" of Sprye for the fans. Sprye then works with the athletes on their NIL deals. I am sure the big money folks deal with Sprye more directly. For us $25 a month folk, it is the Vol Club.

Super disappointed in the lack of subscribers to this point, I don’t think we’re hurting on the NIL front but it could be so much better. I’m not going to tell people how to spend their money but if you spend any amount of time on here or TOS or go to games then you can afford $25 a month. To show how powerful our NIL could be if a sellout Neyland (101,915) in the fall decided to subscribe for $25 a month that would equal $30.5 MILLION a year. Maybe I have orange tinted glasses on but I feel that’s easily doable.

Super disappointed in the lack of subscribers to this point, I don’t think we’re hurting on the NIL front but it could be so much better. I’m not going to tell people how to spend their money but if you spend any amount of time on here or TOS or go to games then you can afford $25 a month. To show how powerful our NIL could be if a sellout Neyland (101,915) in the fall decided to subscribe for $25 a month that would equal $30.5 MILLION a year. Maybe I have orange tinted glasses on but I feel that’s easily doable.
cant tell if this is satire or not

Still dont buy the Bru talk. Its surprising to say the least, and, makes me feel for the guy, if true.

Feels like he absolutely loves TN. Hope we made him a ridiculous NIL offer. Was really hoping for him that he'd get really good news from the Docs and head to NFL. Just with his age.
I'm over these "ridiculous NIL offers". Was going to say that it's not like monopoly money and someone...fans....are going to be paying in the end, but then I considered our country's current fiscal mess and well...it kinda is like monopoly money. Spending like drunken sailors can't continue...or at least I don't think it can....well, I hope it won't.

I'm over these "ridiculous NIL offers". Was going to say that it's not like monopoly money and someone...fans....are going to be paying in the end, but then I considered our country's current fiscal mess and well...it kinda is like monopoly money. Spending like drunken sailors can't continue...or at least I don't think it can....well, I hope it won't.
It won’t. Fans are already tired of paying ridiculous ticket prices. I would never contribute to a fund that supports privileged athletes. I worked full time to pay for three degrees to earn a comfortable income and in no way identify with kids wanting a free ride to become millionaires.

Face it, championships are bought and not earned these days and loyalty to the programs we once admired is only as good as the latest bid.

It won’t. Fans are already tired of paying ridiculous ticket prices. I would never contribute to a fund that supports privileged athletes. I worked full time to pay for three degrees to earn a comfortable income and in no way identify with kids wanting a free ride to become millionaires.

Face it, championships are bought and not earned these days and loyalty to the programs we once admired is only as good as the latest bid.
Same here. Didn't pay off my school loans until my forties. Worked my backside off for 40 years. Not the least bit interested in "gifting" my hard earned money on....as you put it...privileged athletes. This is no longer the college football I grew up watching and loving. I watch and cheer, but it's just different now....and not for the better IMO.

Same here. Didn't pay off my school loans until my forties. Worked my backside off for 40 years. Not the least bit interested in "gifting" my hard earned money on....as you put it...privileged athletes. This is no longer the college football I grew up watching and loving. I watch and cheer, but it's just different now....and not for the better IMO.
This time 1000^^^

While I didn’t attend college I have Worked hard for my money and I be damned if I am going to give it away to some 18 year old who is already being given an opportunity to get an education that if taken seriously will set them up for a very good future. If my donation, tickets and beer purchases aren‘t enough then we will never win another championship again.

This time 1000^^^

While I didn’t attend college I have Worked hard for my money and I be damned if I am going to give it away to some 18 year old who is already being given an opportunity to get an education that if taken seriously will set them up for a very good future. If my donation, tickets and beer purchases aren‘t enough then we will never win another championship again.

You’re looking at it wrong. I mean, you can find a jaded way to look at any way you spend money. You won’t give $25 a month to help NIL efforts of the team you’re fanatical enough to spend countless hours on a forum for - knowing that the sport is shaped directly by NIL now and to be competitive we need a strong NIL - but you probably waste countless dollars over paying for goods like shoes or fast food etc. Probablt posting on an iPhone build by child slaves.

Not gonna argue. Just disagree with your thinking. Like it or not, (and I don’t) the sport is run by NIL. To land or keep elite talent, it’s gonna cost money. If you love the Vols and you want to see us win, I don’t see what the hang up/angst is with supporting our NIL efforts.

I mean, I can see not wanting to shell out $100 plus a month, but Is $5 or $25 etc really gonna break you?

You’re looking at it wrong. I mean, you can find a jaded way to look at any way you spend money. You won’t give $25 a month to help NIL efforts of the team you’re fanatical enough to spend countless hours on a forum for - knowing that the sport is shaped directly by NIL now and to be competitive we need a strong NIL - but you probably waste countless dollars over paying for goods like shoes or fast food etc. Probablt posting on an iPhone build by child slaves.

Not gonna argue. Just disagree with your thinking. Like it or not, (and I don’t) the sport is run by NIL. To land or keep elite talent, it’s gonna cost money. If you love the Vols and you want to see us win, I don’t see what the hang up/angst is with supporting our NIL efforts.

I mean, I can see not wanting to shell out $100 plus a month, but Is $5 or $25 etc really gonna break you?
Or you could take that same 25 dollars a month and give to St. Judes, cancer research, ending child hunger, etc. Which donation would be more worthy? Giving money to a self absorbed teenager or help the suffering?

Or you could take that same 25 dollars a month and give to St. Judes, cancer research, ending child hunger, etc. Which donation would be more worthy? Giving money to a self absorbed teenager or help the suffering?
I would never recommend NIL donations to anyone. What a waste of money, I gave $25 a month and you get some merch and discounts but it's whatever.... Why fund future opt outs and transfers. The day Baron hit the portal, was the day my NIL small donation was paused for good.

Whether it’s worthy or not isn’t really the point. I mean - do you use that logic every time you make a purchase? Do you really need a new car or could you buy a beater and give the 40k you save to St Jude?

The point is - NIL is a reality. Whether the kid is “self absorbed” or not, they’re getting offered money to go to schools.

Just as you’d leave your job if another company offered you more money. Does that make you “self absorbed?”

If you enjoy Vols football and want to compete for championships then you ought to be a Vol Club member.

It’s just the reality of sports now and it isn’t going back. Sorry

I would never recommend NIL donations to anyone. What a waste of money, I gave $25 a month and you get some merch but it's whatever.... Why fund future opt outs and transfers. The day Baron hit the portal, was the day my NIL small donation was paused for good.

Baron didn’t get more money because it was decided the NIL was better used directed towards retaining Pearce and others.

I mean, we literally retained Thomas, Mays, Campbell, Spraggins etc. All because of NIL. But yeah stop paying because Baron left.

I have supported the Vols for many years through tickets, apparel, and concessions. I would like to see them win more championships but if we have to buy them they are worthless and I have bigger priorities in life.

In my opinion, which I am entitled, greed is another matter and not one to which I subscribe.

Whether it’s worthy or not isn’t really the point. I mean - do you use that logic every time you make a purchase? Do you really need a new car or could you buy a beater and give the 40k you save to St Jude?

The point is - NIL is a reality. Whether the kid is “self absorbed” or not, they’re getting offered money to go to schools.

Just as you’d leave your job if another company offered you more money. Does that make you “self absorbed?”

If you enjoy Vols football and want to compete for championships then you ought to be a Vol Club member.

It’s just the reality of sports now and it isn’t going back. Sorry
You were scolding someone about spending money on material things vs on NIL. My point was there are more worthy causes. If too deep for you sorry. You can spend money on what you like.

VN Store

Back