Tennessee Softball 2024

No shat! All teams do that. When there in the box, please tell me exactly what that coach can do? Nothing. They take what they've Practiced, and apply it. Way to much credit and blame for coaches in every sport. Players win games, period

The best hitting coaches observe player’s AB’s. They coach even during said players AB and afterwards. Not every batter is the same and you really have to know and understand each batters weakness, strengths and tendencies to get them where they need to be. Each hitter is different and so should their approach and coaching. No approach is a one fits all thing. Its been said that Gasso relies on her hitting coach, her son, to be involved in strategy during the game because there is more to it then standing by and doing nothing in situations that require the ball be put into play in a certain spot. They don’t just sit and do nothing nor should they during the game. Using your view of how it is, we may as well just tell the coaches in all sports at UT to just go take a seat in the stands during games, it’s all on the players.

Stanford gets put out, had no idea what I was getting into myself. I knew it 2-0 heading into 6th. Good game. Helps us a little. I would say. UCLA getting beat would also help, especially the SEC in general.

Bottom of the 7th - STAN Batting
LEE to rf for ORTIZ.0
Schroeder, J pinch hit for Chan, K..0
Schroeder, J grounded out to ss.G6Schroeder, JLADD0
BBBerry, J. walked.BBBerry, J.LADD1
Canady, N. to p for Koch, C..1
/ for Canady, N..1
ECanady, N. reached on a fielding error by 3b; Berry, J. advanced to second.E5Canady, N.LADD1
Hayes, D. pinch ran for Canady, N..1
Canady, N. to p.1
LOPEZ to p for LADD.1
Mahler, R. flied out to lf.F7Mahler, R.LOPEZ1
Clements, A. pinch hit for Lim, K..2
1BClements, A. singled to shortstop; Hayes, D. advanced to second; Berry, J. advanced to third.1B 6Clements, A.LOPEZ2
Lim, K. pinch ran for Clements, A..2
HBPKern, T hit by pitch, RBI; Lim, K. advanced to second; Hayes, D. advanced to third; Berry, J. scored, unearned.HBP 1RBIKern, TLOPEZ2
Jones, E. reached on a fielder's choice; Kern, T advanced to second; Lim, K. out at second ss unassisted, interference.FC6UJones, E.LOPEZ2
STAN Inning Summary: 1 Runs, 1 Hits, 1 Errors, 3 LOB

Go Arizona 3-0 still going on top 3rd

3rd Inning Play-by-play

PlayScoring Dec.BatterPitcherOuts
Top of the 3rd - ARIZ Batting
Altmeyer flied out to cf.F8AltmeyerTerry0
BBKennedy walked.BBKennedyTerry1
1BShockey singled to left center, advanced to second on the throw; Kennedy advanced to third.1B 7ShockeyTerry1
HRScupin homered to center field, 3 RBI; Shockey scored; Kennedy scored.HR 8 3RBIScupinTerry1
ARIZ Inning Summary: 3 Runs, 2 Hits, 0 Errors, 0 LOB

Edit: 4-0 AZ bot 3rd

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Bad inning for Arizona
UCLA 6-4 thru 5

Bottom of the 5th - UCLA Batting
2BPola doubled to left center.2B 7PolaSilva0
Curo popped up to 1b.P3CuroSilva0
1BMalau'ulu singled, advanced to second on the throw; Pola advanced to third.1BMalau'uluSilva1
Suarez pinch hit for Meono.1
KSuarez struck out swinging.KSuarezSilva1
1BBrady singled through the right side, 2 RBI, advanced to second on a fielding error by rf; Malau'ulu scored; Pola scored.1B 9 2RBIBradySilva2
1BAllchin singled to right field, RBI; Brady scored.1B 9 1RBIAllchinSilva2
HRPalacios homered to right center, 2 RBI; Allchin scored.HR 9 2RBIPalaciosSilva2
BBGrant walked.BBGrantSilva2
Stoddard to p for Silva.2
1BWoolery singled to right field; Grant advanced to third.1B 9WooleryStoddard2
HBPPola hit by pitch; Woolery advanced to second.HBPPolaStoddard2
Osteen pinch ran for Woolery.2
Pacini pinch hit for Curo.2
BBPacini walked, RBI; Pola advanced to second; Osteen advanced to third; Grant scored.BB 1RBIPaciniStoddard2
Curo pinch ran for Pacini.2
Mannon to p for Stoddard.2
KMalau'ulu struck out swinging.KMalau'uluMannon2
UCLA Inning Summary: 6 Runs, 6 Hits, 1 Errors, 3 LOB

Maybe not just yet
HRDiNardo homered to center field, RBI.HR 8 1RBIDiNardoTinsley0
Biringer grounded out to 2b.G4BiringerTinsley0
Schepp flied out to lf.F7ScheppTinsley1
ARIZ Inning Summary: 1 Runs, 1 Hits, 0 Errors, 0 LOB

Coach was too stubborn and it cost him/her whoever it was dearly.
Ride that reliever all into the abyss, now that is bad coaching?

Arizona Pitching Stats
#PlayerDecIPHRERBBKWPBKHPBF2B3BHRXBHFOGOGDPERA
15Mannon3.1200122001200004305.12
3SilvaL 21-52.2566110001410125204.12
11Stoddard0.010010001300000005.14
Totals6.0866332012910129504.67

It’s generally used as a mechanism to emphasize the bat sweeping off the back shoulder. The hitting motion has evolved over the years from a very front foot, level swinging, kind of pushy motion into a back footed pulling motion that prioritizes matching bat path to pitch path.
This is similar to what I used and taught when I was coaching softball. The reverse K is the position you are trying to obtain.

The constant whining about officiating is hilarious.

Yeah well some have a questionable sense of humor. In a one run game,those called strikes were big, and the lsu pitcher got every call. Either watch the game, or get some glasses. When the announcers address the disparity, that should give you a clue. And they did.

Last edited:
It’s generally used as a mechanism to emphasize the bat sweeping off the back shoulder. The hitting motion has evolved over the years from a very front foot, level swinging, kind of pushy motion into a back footed pulling motion that prioritizes matching bat path to pitch path.
Their swings very often don't appear to match the path of the ball. They look like they are trying to lift the ball. Don't uppercuts cause just as many weak ground balls as they do pops and weak fly outs? A hair late and you're under the ball. A hair early and you're on top-

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Their swings very often don't appear to match the path of the ball. They look like they are trying to lift the ball. Don't uppercuts cause just as many weak ground balls as they do pops and weak fly outs? A hair late and you're under the ball. A hair early and you're on top-
True and another issue is we get super pull happy.

I say we get the 3 seed but they could put Duke above. I think winning the Sec carries a lot of weight. We may get four in the top eight they have loved Lsu all year in the computers so we will see. I think Missouri if they were not there have played their way in. We were hurt in computer rankings by the rain outs. The big lefty from Duke would give us fits in the Wcws, but at the moment any one would. Hopefully bats catch fire because we have the pitching.

I say we get the 3 seed but they could put Duke above. I think winning the Sec carries a lot of weight. We may get four in the top eight they have loved Lsu all year in the computers so we will see. I think Missouri if they were not there have played their way in. We were hurt in computer rankings by the rain outs. The big lefty from Duke would give us fits in the Wcws, but at the moment any one would. Hopefully bats catch fire because we have the pitching.
Amen.

VN Store

Back