Tennessee Softball 2024

Charlotte is leading 6-0 bot 2nd no one out, barring a upset. Charlotte is in, nobody is in the running. Maybe an outside chance for FAU
1715445977978.png

Yeah well some have a questionable sense of humor. In a one run game,those called strikes were big, and the lsu pitcher got every call. Either watch the game, or get some glasses. When the announcers address the disparity, that should give you a clue. And they did.

And whining and crying about it accomplishes what, exactly? Nothing. Just shows that some fans have thin skins.

No reason our hitting shouldn’t be able to do what Florida’s hitting can do. Other than SS we are better at every position but they out hit us and that makes no sense why we don’t hit higher for an average as a team.

Puni, West and Rodriguez were on a youtube vid 2 days ago with some of the football players trying to hit line drives off a tee into a hole in the batting net. It took longer than they expected. One of them said our philosophy is elevate then celebrate - we don't really do line drives.
And that’s why we don’t hit as a team. Hit hard Line Drives and you Celebrate Team Wins. Hopefully they watched Florida celebrate winning the sec tournament. They hit hard line drives all tournament. Very disappointing because that was Tennessee’s to win.

Watching OU and Texas and i have not seen one hitter using the split grip! Both teams put bat on the ball rather than swing for the fences . I love the LVs but both are better than we are and i would say our pitching is no more than equal. JMHO! By the way i hate both are in the SEC. All a money grab!!
Both teams are beatable. We're as good as either team. If we're clicking with the bats, we'll beat both.

Watching OU and Texas and i have not seen one hitter using the split grip! Both teams put bat on the ball rather than swing for the fences . I love the LVs but both are better than we are and i would say our pitching is no more than equal. JMHO! By the way i hate both are in the SEC. All a money grab!!
You're probably right. Fine pitching means good defense, a bobble or two could be all it takes. The batting concerns me, as it does concern everyone else too. Hopefully we'll get an favorable draw. Also pretty good odds, if we pass the round, 50/50 another SEC team, stands in the way.

Not many at Tennessee do

Both teams are beatable. We're as good as either team. If we're clicking with the bats, we'll beat both.
Totally agree. I feel like Tennessee, Florida and OSU have reasonable chance. Stanfords offense is so bad I just can’t see them doing it

I swear feels every time the pitch is returned from catcher, she falls literally on to her face.(UCLA) Utah

@AllVols3 I think you are correct!

Tennessee played Texas early in the season on a neutral field. Texas won the game 2 to 1. But if you look inside the numbers, Texas only scored one earned run. Karlyn took the loss and both runs scored in the first two innings. The second run scored on a ss error.

Texas is very good. Their hitting % is better than ours. However, we currently have the second best pitching staff in d1 softball based on ERA. Texas' pitching staff is ranked 8th.

I think the two squads are evenly matched. If we both get to the WCWS, I like our chances.

And that’s why we don’t hit as a team. Hit hard Line Drives and you Celebrate Team Wins. Hopefully they watched Florida celebrate winning the sec tournament. They hit hard line drives all tournament. Very disappointing because that was Tennessee’s to win.

Florida is a very good hitting team. We are not as good as Florida, but we do hit as a team! Using SEC statistics only, Florida is ranked first in the SEC with a ba of 297. We are second at 268. Florida's Skylar Wallace was SEC player of the year in 2023 and they have 4 other players (Otis, Erickson, Walsh and Falby) in the top 10 in the league. Taylor Pannell is our only player in the SEC's top ten in batting average.

Kiki is the key to our run production. Obviously, a great lead off hitter is critical to winning. Kiki is struggling ( for her) right now. Clearly, she is in a slump (if that's even fair) given she is an All American playing better than the majority of players in the sport. We are hard to beat when Kiki is playing well.

However, we have the best pitching staff in the SEC based on ERA. Florida is currently ranked 11th. Although we didn't play Florida this year, we swept Florida last year. We are also the best fielding team in the league based on per centages.

Finally, we lost to LSU the second best pitching staff in the SEC. Florida lucked out and drew Georgia (8th best pitching staff), Texas A&M (9th best pitching staff) and Missouri ( 5th best staff).

Pitching makes a difference! Florida didn't face the leagues' best pitching to win the tournament championship.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back