Tennessee Softball 2024

Batting strategy definitely comes from the coach. No idea if the strategy is poor or if players aren’t executing. Maybe a combo

If I was CW I would be on the phone this morning and order a whole new set of bats and have laying out at next hitting practice. If for nothing else I would tell the team it's the bats that's the problem. No more hits left in the old bats. It would at least get the players a new mindset. Hitting can get in your head sometimes and you over think it. New bats new mindset. Saw it happen on my daughter's high school team. We were struggling to score runs. Coach brought in 4 new bats and we started knocking the cover off of the ball.
Save the money on the bats because Tennessee is already paying big bucks for there hitting coach.

Good. I know the odds are small--I think were still a top 5 seed--but in the event something goes sideways with seeding I want no shot at a 8 v. 9, 7 v. 10 super regional with LSU or Florida. Best way to prevent that is both of them land in top 8.
Stop sweating the seed we will be no worse than 4 but you can guarantee we will have to go through a Sec team to get to the Wcws.

The pitching has no blame, they have done there job all year. With our team on paper we shouldn’t be losing 1-0 or 2-1 games.You can’t be a championship caliber team and have games like we do with our teams hitting. We don’t consistently hit the ball hard. At times our hardest hit balls are the ones we consistently pull foul. We don’t square balls up and make the other teams defense be challenged on making plays for routine outs. A lot of our outs are always weak ground balls or weak pop files in the infield. And when we are in defense we are fielding hard hit balls for outs from the other teams. If you hit the ball hard things happen.
Unfortunately, the game isn't played on paper! We have an excellent team and a 2-1 loss to another excellent team does not diminish our status.

Tennessee had at least four line drives that were right at a LSU player or the LSU player made a great running catch. Somedays, regardless how good you are you don't catch a break. That's why we play the game and it's interesting.

LSU is an excellent top ten team with very good pitching. And yet if not for the Kiki drop we may still be playing.

Stop sweating the seed we will be no worse than 4 but you can guarantee we will have to go through a Sec team to get to the Wcws.

I'm not sweating. Part of the drama is in getting to the WCWS is the path. Sometimes you get favors and sometimes you don't. I would prefer a super opposite Florida State/Arkansas/Louisiana (looking at RPI) as opposed to Florida or LSU. Florida is playing their best at the right time of year. I think we can all agree we've seen enough of LSU.

I don't think it will be Texas a&M or Alabama though. Super matchups of #1 Texas v. #16 A&M and #2 Oklahoma v. #15 Alabama will be too much for tv to pass up.

Reactions: William_77
I will not watch the SEC tournament because I I am sick of hearing about how great LSU is. I am gonna watch the ACC and the SouCon.
Also if you compare LV this year to last year, IMO the weakest link is Kiki. She has to get on and get hits or we have nothing. That's my take, I do like the new bats idea,

I will not watch the SEC tournament because I I am sick of hearing about how great LSU is. I am gonna watch the ACC and the SouCon.
Also if you compare LV this year to last year, IMO the weakest link is Kiki. She has to get on and get hits or we have nothing. That's my take, I do like the new bats idea,
Still at it?? LSU love!

Reactions: LVol and knoxvol52

VN Store

Back