Tennessee Softball 2024

Same ole song and dance with the Weekly’s. We can pitch but we can’t hit our way out of a paper bag once post season arrives. Sad but true.
The thing is in recent past years she actually has had great hitting teams, but they faltered in the circle. She just can’t seem to piece together great pitching AND hitting in the same year.

Reactions: ValleyAlVol
Got a question? Maybe Brian can answer this one!!
How come Katie didn't show up in the boxscore?
She pinch run for Nugent. No recognition at all?

Watching some of the other games the intensity of the other teams is way above what we brought. Of course we have already done our damage in the regular season and it is natural to have a let down when you really don’t much to gain. Worrisome is the pitch calling, our hitting making no adjustments. A couple of weeks ago we started going the other way with good results. We love to pull everything and ground out or pop up and run to first and get our high five from Kate.

Reactions: Lady Vols Fan
If I was CW I would be on the phone this morning and order a whole new set of bats and have laying out at next hitting practice. If for nothing else I would tell the team it's the bats that's the problem. No more hits left in the old bats. It would at least get the players a new mindset. Hitting can get in your head sometimes and you over think it. New bats new mindset. Saw it happen on my daughter's high school team. We were struggling to score runs. Coach brought in 4 new bats and we started knocking the cover off of the ball.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Not sure the situation on the bats used but that can make a huge difference. Aluminum bats are hot right out of the box …unless they are defective or a new model is bunk.

Composition bats need to be broken in before they are used in a game

The whole point was the hitters thought it was the old bats. They were still good but the players thought that was the reason they were not hitting.

Apparently, they called Mosley out on the catch and Kearney out for leaving the bag and retreating to the dugout

Frustrating watching FL-GA score runs knowing we have big bats too. We gotta figure some things out at the plate before regionals and maybe that will get us dialed in for Supers. Pitching is not our problem. Aside from the last KY game, we have given up 3 runs or less in the last 12 games and only gave up 3 three times. We just need to score a few runs to win. Take a breath, reset, go to work.

Last edited:
Not sure the situation on the bats used but that can make a huge difference. Aluminum bats are hot right out of the box …unless they are defective or a new model is bunk.

Composition bats need to be broken in before they are used in a game
This is wrong. Composite bats are hotter than aluminum. Period. All the time. Broken in or not.

It is true that composite bats get hotter as they break in and will keep getting hotter to the point of breaking or failing the compression tests.

Definitely feels as if they Florida to get a top eight seed.

Good. I know the odds are small--I think were still a top 5 seed--but in the event something goes sideways with seeding I want no shot at a 8 v. 9, 7 v. 10 super regional with LSU or Florida. Best way to prevent that is both of them land in top 8.

VN Store

Back