Stop playing Bama

Simple, they are in the western conf, lets rotate in ole miss or arkansas. sick of playing them when some of the eastern teams get off easy. stupid.

This is asinine, asiten, asileven, asitwelve.

This is exactly what other conferences hate. Most of the SEC teams schedule cupcakes. My word ... I would rather see us go 8-4 playing the best teams than go 10-2 scheduling Chattanooga or Ga State in a walkover.

I love playing Alabama. If you want to be the best team, you have to beat the best team. Tennessee is on the rise. It won't be as easy the next time Tennessee shows up in tuscalooser as it was today.

TN first regularly played Alabama as a measuring stick for the program in Neyland's time and even today it's a measuring stick. Why would either side want to give up this rivalry? The series has always ran in cycles, neither team has (to my knowledge) been as good as the other at the same time. TN was a Cody blocked FG from a win in 2009. Yep, it was an arm block:
"I didn't really get off the ground," Cody said. "I just reached my arm up. That's how I got it. I knocked [the blocker] back. He was on his back.

Last edited:
Being a UT fan would be a little less fun without playing 'Bama every year. My favorite game of every season.

TN first regularly played Alabama as a measuring stick for the program in Neyland's time and even today it's a measuring stick. Why would either side want to give up this rivalry? The series has always ran in cycles, neither team has (to my knowledge) been as good as the other at the same time. TN was a Cody (butt blocked) blocked FG from a win in 2009.

It was his arm.

You don't quit your major rival, ever! I don't care if they beat us 10 years in a row (as they have at 1 point) when we win, it is amazing and creates great memories! College Football has already lost 2 major rivalries when A&M (Texas) and Missouri (Kansas) joined the SEC. Some traditions should stay in place.

Reactions: 2 people
Simple, they are in the western conf, lets rotate in ole miss or arkansas. sick of playing them when some of the eastern teams get off easy. stupid.

For even suggesting this makes you a gutless son of a monkey, if female then daughter. Strike that, monkeys have more dignity than this. perhaps son or daughter of a soft bodied wiggly thing that lives under a rock. The nerve!!!! We're Tennessee. We're scared of NOBODY. Soon, we will be back to our old selves and have Bama looking at us with great apprehension. Go away, cease posting on this board. Vols fandom doesn't need gutless parasites. You made me so darn mad, I threw a book at my innocent dog and cat. I'll make it up to them but you, you, you

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Lol wut? This is participation trophy generation thinking. You don't become the best by not playing the best. You don't improve without playing challenging games.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think anyone other than a few of our older fans thinks of this as a storied rivalry anymore. UF is more important and has been the tougher egg to crack since divisional play started. We got by fine not playing Auburn every year.

Right now nobody outside Auburn wants to play UA. This is a question that should have been asked when we were in the midst of our own 7-0 run against them not so long ago.

Hell no...I would much rather play Alabama than anybody else in the SEC....We are historic rivals and IMO one of the greatest rivalries in college football....Just goes in streaks is all.

Chicken! Every team that plays Bama is at a disadvantage. I guess you think the Vols should join the Sun Belt Conf. Maybe they just need players & someone to teach them how to tackle.

VN Store

Back