Stop playing Bama

so happy to read most Vol fans put this boy straight on one of the great rivalries in the history of college football. Life is longer than the last 10 years.

I can't imagine a year without Tennesse and Auburn on the schedule. To me, these are always two of the most anticipated games every year, regardless of records.

When the going gets tough you quit? Then I have to hear from row tiders about how we couldn't beat them anymore so we gave up? Quitting doesn't seem to be a value of Butch and it's DEFINITELY not a value of Tennessee football.

Last edited:
I can't imagine a year without Tennesse and Auburn on the schedule. To me, these are always two of the most anticipated games every year, regardless of records.

For once I'll agree with an elephant jockey. I hated Bama just as much when we beat them 6 years in a row as a I do now.

That won't happen. We will pretty much always be at a disadvantage playing Bama, but it won't change anytime soon because it is a rivalry.

I can't wait til they're at a disadvantage because they have to play us every year.

To be the man you gotta beat the man!!! WOOOO

you know what the OP is right. why dont we join the AC-*******-C since the SEC is too tough for these b*tch *** fans to WATCH. actually, why dont you just go cheer for an ACC team, that way your new team wont have to play Bama, and UT wins b/c spoiled little brats who played sports where they didnt keep score, rage quit anytime they lose a video game, and took their ball and went home if everyone didnt play by their b*tch *** ******* rules can f*** OFF! Geez ZUHZ!

OMG what a great idea. Lets not play what is arguably the most storied rivalry in college football every year. BRILLIANT!!! :blink:

This OP needs a good Butch Smacking. A year without Tennessee playing Alabama would not be Tennessee Football...

The Eroding of Traditions in the SEC continues and is spreading to the fanbases. :(

Reactions: 1 person
Simple, they are in the western conf, lets rotate in ole miss or arkansas. sick of playing them when some of the eastern teams get off easy. stupid.

If you want a team to cheer for that doesn't play bama then go find a ACC team. We have run through them many years in a row. We are down and have been before. Eventually they will be down and it will be feel great to return the favor.

Simple, they are in the western conf, lets rotate in ole miss or arkansas. sick of playing them when some of the eastern teams get off easy. stupid.

I know it's a great tradition and all that but i actually agree with you. What would be nice is if we could just sorta suspend the rivalry maybe say 2 or 3 years until butch gets this team rolling

I know it's a great tradition and all that but i actually agree with you. What would be nice is if we could just sorta suspend the rivalry maybe say 2 or 3 years until butch gets this team rolling

Now this one is funny. Are you also suggesting that when Bama has down years they should suspend the series until things improve? That's not how scheduling works. Remember, this is a series of streaks and at some point the Vols will have the upper hand.

Did everyone suddenly forget the 11 years we owned Bama? I'm sure they got pretty sick of it too about three games into that streak. Everything in CFB is cyclical that game will go back to what it's always been soon enough: The two winningest programs in SEC history playing for bragging rights. Just give it time.

attachment.php
That's their library.

You mean LIBARY

Don't listen to them op. You're right. Our strength of schedule is insane. We'd still play bama a home and away series every few years and would likely see them if we can get the the seccg. I've been saying we should get rid of them as a permanent opponent for years.

While you're at it

Stop playing Missouri -- looks like we may be 0-2 against them. Then maybe join the SunBelt conference so we can have close games again. <g>

VN Store

Back