Stop playing Bama

Love how some of you think Bama is a rival. Funny thing is Bama doesn't feel the same about UT.

I guess we didn't consider them a rival when we beat them 7 times in a row. This series has always been cyclical.

Reactions: 3 people
Simple, they are in the western conf, lets rotate in ole miss or arkansas. sick of playing them when some of the eastern teams get off easy. stupid.

HELLZ NAW! Even entertaining that idea shows you're either (a) uneducated about our rivalry and its importance (b) a supreme wimp that belongs in the portion of the LSU fanbase that constantly whines about how 'easy' Bammers schedule is (I don't include all LSU fans just that portion constantly whining).

The SEC is about beating the best every week and that aspect makes victories sweeter. Follow tOSU or Louisville if you want an easy path. Even UK and Vandy have the juevos to keep fighting and every now and then they win one.

Reactions: 1 person
Regardless of where you stand on this (for the record my opinion is we should never get rid of this game) when we go to a nine game SEC schedule we will not play it every year.

It is my understanding that the plan for 9 games would have 1 regular opponent and 2 rotating opponents from the other half.

I am truly surprised this many people are jumping ship because of this.

Bama is on another level.

Can't get overly ticked about what happened

No.

We play Alabama every year. I don't care how good they are or how bad we are. That's how things are done.

Don't stop playing them. Never stop playing them.

Reactions: 2 people
no one was clamoring to give up the bama series when they were down and we ran off 7 in a row. Good grief people learn your history

Bama has been on the schedule probably longer than Georgia,Vandy or Kentucky. UT already schedules one other SEC West team either every year or two. Those teams are LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Auburn and every now and then Mississippi St. Maybe we should Texas A&M once every 3 years. Would like to see a Big 10 team like Wisconsin, Michigan St., or Northwestern once every 3 years or someone like Louisvile, West Virginia or Georgia Tech every 3 or 4 years.

cripes, at what age did tradition die? When I was a student you quickly learned to hate Bama & Auburn, 2 teams we played every year even though we rarely beat Bama. They were 2 of the most anticipated games every year and I was in school when we were end of Battle and start of Majors. We, as students, would have marched on the AD if they had dropped Bama. When did this attitude for love of tradition die? [ ps I liked the Grey uni's so no 'blue hair' crap please]

Simple, they are in the western conf, lets rotate in ole miss or arkansas. sick of playing them when some of the eastern teams get off easy. stupid.

Absolutely not. Give Coach Jones a couple more years and start beating their ass.

stupid, you probably weren't saying that when we owned them for a decade straight. college football is about rivalry games like this one, with this logic we should change to the american athletic conference for easiest possible schedule.

so when things get tough you just pack up and quit? Solid plan

they won't be up forever and we won't be down. Seriously, check out the series history

i know the series history. it won't change anytime soon, butch isn't fulmer and saban isn't shula

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back