Stop playing Bama

Simple, they are in the western conf, lets rotate in ole miss or arkansas. sick of playing them when some of the eastern teams get off easy. stupid.

Sorry, but no. This rivalry is important even if we are in a down decade. Overall, the two teams' record is 51-37-8 to Bama, so it is competitive enough. The longest consecutive streak for either team is seven in a row, which Bama tied yesterday. Before that, Tennessee won seven in a row between 95 and 2001. I don't recall if Bama fans wanted to end the rivalry when we were winning during that time, but they didn't stop playing UT and now look where they are. We will rise again. Be patient.

Sorry, but no. This rivalry is important even if we are in a down decade. Overall, the two teams' record is 51-37-8 to Bama, so it is competitive enough. The longest consecutive streak for either team is seven in a row, which Bama tied yesterday. Before that, Tennessee won seven in a row between 95 and 2001. I don't recall if Bama fans wanted to end the rivalry when we were winning during that time, but they didn't stop playing UT and now look where they are. We will rise again. Be patient.

Actually, 11 in a row. (1971-1981) BAMA
1986-1994 (tie in 93) - BAMA

But who's counting?

The only thing that I have in agreement with this thread is that (and I am old school) Bama is our rival. But.... we are not theirs. They couldn't care less about us in the big scheme of things. Most Bammers have forgotten Bear somebody... and those days when we were competitive with them year in and year out. We are not anymore, and probably won't be for the forseeable future. LSU... and the Barn are their rivals. THOSE games mean much more than Tennessee to the average Bama fan. JMHO, YMMV

That being said, it will be oh-so-sweet when we DO beat them again...

Last edited:
Seriously ? You call this a rivalry? Not any more . Why don't we move on and give ourselves a workable schedule instead of sabotaging ourselves w the most difficult schedule in the country year after year!! We Dint have the team for that!
How do you think Missouri won so many? Easier schedule !!! Reality check ...it's where we are right now .

I don't think anyone other than a few of our older fans thinks of this as a storied rivalry anymore. UF is more important and has been the tougher egg to crack since divisional play started. We got by fine not playing Auburn every year.

A lot of folks don't remember just how big the Auburn game used to be every year. That was a huge rivalry.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm a Tennessee fan

You're an Alabama fan

One of us got lost on the internet and clicked the wrong link
It's self esteem issues. He's never accomplished anything in his own life so he has to live vicariously through others. That's the only thing keeping him from committing suicide.

Reactions: 2 people
Never stop playing Bama. If things hold the way they are, UT of 2015 will look a lot like Bama today. Experienced OL, experienced QB, deep RB, deep WR, depth and talent at Lb and DB and Dline.

Right now we have some talent and little depth and are in first year of a new system. 3years in with a replenished roster....yes I want to keep playing Bama.

I just came over to see what you were building. Mind if I smoke?

Well, at least we know none of the travelling UT fans passed out in a restaurant on the way home. If they had, I'm sure you would have posted a pic of your junk on their face, being the classy guy you are and all. Just remember, in your case, the zoom button is your friend.

Now run along, your sister's done with your dad by now so it should be your turn.

Guarantee the OP is a liberal. Next thing he mentions is let's stop keeping score so feelings won't be hurt.

Last edited:
Simple, they are in the western conf, lets rotate in ole miss or arkansas. sick of playing them when some of the eastern teams get off easy. stupid.

I don't care how hard it is to watch Bama beat up on my Vols, I'd rather man up and face them every year than be a coward and back out of playing them. We will be on their level sooner than later.

VN Store

Back