So the fan base won. HB time.

Being tough and being made of glass are two different things. I boxed in my younger days and we had a tough as hell dude in my camp but if he got clipped while sparring it was lights out. He would get up and try to continue. Tough as hell but he was made of glass. Also, BM also had a hamstring issue that lasted for several months. I like the kid but he is injury prone.
Or so we were told.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
That JG will play? That is Pruitts mo.
Circumstances are different this week(covid tracing?) plus there is a report from Doug Matthews that JG will not have another snap this season. I think they finally moved on from JG. I’m going to turn off the TV if JG trots out there as the starter.

Let’s see how he does. Imo he needs to top BMs first career start of 259 yards and 2 tds against a much weaker defense to convince me that he may have the same or better upside going forward.

If he doesn’t then I fear Pruitt may have missed an opportunity to develop what could have been a good-great qb of the future in BM because regardless of circumstances of 2019, he was consistently good in 3 of his 4 starts and can be argued that although he wasn’t himself coming off of injury in his 4th, he wasn’t bad in the second quarter of that game either. Just rusty to begin with.

If he does then I think UT may have something to build on and I’ll concede that he should be your guy if he can show the same consistency going forward the rest of the year. Good luck to him today.
have you watched all of BM's reps? he is eratic and does not step up in the pocket.......consistently puts himself in position for injury. He and Shrout should transfer out. Pruitt needs to bring in a senior transfer with experience to compete for backup with Salter. Let Harrison play the rest of the way without looking over his shoulder.

I think that's what they initially wanted anyway. Ground & pound with an occasional deep shot but with Bailey this style should ease him in better. I don't want Bailey throwing 30-40 times his first start. Plus, the only way to beat this UF team is to keep them off their offense off the field.
Agree to disagree... the same offensive philosophy we have pursued all year ( I assume bc the coaches know they are hamstrung by JG) won’t work in this game... Florida will get theirs no matter what what ( who the heck will defend Pitts btw? I have visions of him absolutely abusing our lb corps) we have to open it up and keep their d off balanced... go down guns blazing

Reactions: whodeycin85
Maybe I missed it, but when has BM shown any of that early promise since being injured? I thought he was fun to watch before injury / this season. I have no doubt he has been about as developed as my dinner etiquette, but he just doesn't seem like the same dude who brought some initial fire to the team.

I do think he could have been really good and probably still can be, but I don't see it happening in orange. He needs to be in a program that develops his fearless style of play and I'm sure he will be. Probably whip the hell out of a Pruitt led team at some point in his career.

Not expecting much from Bailey today. There is zero indication that our staff can have a QB ready to play.
He hasn’t said one way or the other but I can hear it in his voice that Pruitt has taken the “fun” out of football for him. That’s a major deal for a qb that plays the way he does and it’s unlikely that Pruitt will ever be able to fix it. Maybe if he decides to stay he can build a relationship with him over the off season and we can see the real BM next year in a real competition without JG. Who knows

BM 1st game last year was an outlier and he has performed poorly in about every game since. I had high hopes for him but have to admit he is not the real deal.
To place certain statistical goals for Bailey to reach to compare if he is at BM’s level is just flawed logic.
I don’t see that. He made two mistakes vs Miss St but was otherwise having a great game. Against Alabama he was 6/7 with a rushing td. (I say 6/7 because J.J. handed the int to them on a perfect pass).

He hasn’t said one way or the other but I can hear it in his voice that Pruitt has taken the “fun” out of football for him. That’s a major deal for a qb that plays the way he does and it’s unlikely that Pruitt will ever be able to fix it. Maybe if he decides to stay he can build a relationship with him over the off season and we can see the real BM next year in a real competition without JG. Who knows

I can see how our game plan could take the fun out of it. I think he should be in a program with someone like Kiffin or Leach who will let a QB play balls out. He would probably be great.

You can laugh all you want. You better hope Pruitt FINALLY got it right with HB. Right now his track record is speaking for itself and At this point I think it’s obvious that people are just hoping that a blind squirrel found a nut.
Just saying, thats a weird hill to make a stand

I think it’s important to note that we’ve only seen Maurer twice this year though and he was poised vs Alabama. The “regression” idea came from one game vs Arkansas where he was put in with plenty of time and facing a 0 blitz after halftime because the play calling at that point was 35 runs to only 5 passes. I think it’s obvious that no passing game was practiced that week at all. Bailey came in vs a prevent D at the end and checked down to a RB that was purposely left open.

Auburn wasn’t playing any prevent. Bailey looked solid.

However, your point is valid. We just don’t have enough sample size from either to make an informed judgment.

If I were Maurer, and I stayed in Knoxville (which I would only do if Pruitt is axed), I would put everything I had into competing in Spring Practice (if they have it) and Fall Camp to win the job. Everything from carrying myself like a rising junior ready to lead the entire program, the weight room (he needs to add weight), film...everything.

Same if I was Bailey.

Act the part and look the part...not just on Saturday, but every day of the week. Make them have to choose you.

At this point, nothing that happens will go unscathed till we're competitive with upper tier.

However, it is hard to factor in the panic related restrictions.
Yes, everyone is dealing with it however seems a sophomoric argue seeing as how do you standardize this when things are simply chaotic in many instances

I have "hoped" CJP was the man while severely doubting it all along...he ain't the man but Admin folks are woke, they'll give him another yr and in fairness, honestly, as much as it sticks in my craw, he should get another yr.
GBO!! Curbstomp dem jort wearing gators!!

Let’s see how he does. Imo he needs to top BMs first career start of 259 yards and 2 tds against a much weaker defense to convince me that he may have the same or better upside going forward.

If he doesn’t then I fear Pruitt may have missed an opportunity to develop what could have been a good-great qb of the future in BM because regardless of circumstances of 2019, he was consistently good in 3 of his 4 starts and can be argued that although he wasn’t himself coming off of injury in his 4th, he wasn’t bad in the second quarter of that game either. Just rusty to begin with.

If he does then I think UT may have something to build on and I’ll concede that he should be your guy if he can show the same consistency going forward the rest of the year. Good luck to him today.

Brian had a full Spring, summer, and Fall camp prior to 2019 season. And Pruitt should have played him early. I've said that many times. We might beat Ga State and BYU if that happens. Maurer had much more time to prepare and was more prepared even though Pruitt didn't give him a chance to UGA.

This season Pruitt had unfortunately put Brian on the shelf with no real chance. BUT then he goes and does the same thing to Bailey, and slow played him. Arkansas was the perfect time to play him heavily.

My point is...you shouldn't make this about Harrison Bailey vs Brian Maurer. It's clear Pruitt doesn't know wth he is doing.
It took Covid-19 to get JG off the field...smh.

Florida's defense isn't nearly as bad as people are trying to make it out to be right now.

Also...
Depending on how Harrison Bailey plays, we may see Brian. May have too...

I get you have a connection with BM, and that is fair to root for him, but the truth is he just isnt good enough. He had one broken coverage against UGA which adds 73 yards and a TD to his passing stats. If you take away just one play from his career he is 35-79 for 469 yards with 1 TD and 5 INTS. Even adding that play its 36-80 (45%) for 542 yards 2 TDs and 5 INTs. Hes had plenty of chances to show what he can do and what he is. What he is this: a reckless player who has poor accuracy and turns the ball over while getting himself injured. Man, I wonder why Pruitt wouldn't THAT kid starting and leading a team.

And another thing that makes it tough for you to sit here and lecture the fanbase is this: you aren't a fan of UT. Somehow I have a feeling that when BM transfers in the offseason you won't hang around here. And that is fine, I wish BM luck in whatever he does, I have nothing against the kid personally. I wish he would have played better and won the job and given us some wins. But please never address the fanbase as if you are part of us, prove it after BM is gone and stick around, maybe then you'll earn it.

So just how stupid does this coaching staff look if Bailey goes out and they play a competitive game under him against the Gators?

Reactions: Remy
I hope he becomes that but he isn't... until he is. He's one of the highest rated Fr as a recruit. Now he has to show he was worthy of the ranking.

This team was a QB away from being a good team all year.
Don't think he needs to prove ranking, coaches take ranked players, based upon their own assessment, and develop them, no?
Impetus is on staff making millions, not the 18 yo

Brian had a full Spring, summer, and Fall camp prior to 2019 season. And Pruitt should have played him early. I've said that many times. We might beat Ga State and BYU if that happens. Maurer had much more time to prepare and was more prepared even though Pruitt didn't give him a chance to UGA.

This season Pruitt had unfortunately put Brian on the shelf with no real chance. BUT then he goes and does the same thing to Bailey, and slow played him. Arkansas was the perfect time to play him heavily.

My point is...you shouldn't make this about Harrison Bailey vs Brian Maurer. It's clear Pruitt doesn't know wth he is doing.

Florida's defense isn't nearly as bad as people are trying to make it out to be right now.

Also...

You’ll get no argument from me about Pruitt’s ineptitude. He is terrible in all areas as a HC...and has been even worse than that when it comes to the QBs.

Reactions: LargeOrange1
I get you have a connection with BM, and that is fair to root for him, but the truth is he just isnt good enough. He had one broken coverage against UGA which adds 73 yards and a TD to his passing stats. If you take away just one play from his career he is 35-79 for 469 yards with 1 TD and 5 INTS. Even adding that play its 36-80 (45%) for 542 yards 2 TDs and 5 INTs. Hes had plenty of chances to show what he can do and what he is. What he is this: a reckless player who has poor accuracy and turns the ball over while getting himself injured. Man, I wonder why Pruitt wouldn't THAT kid starting and leading a team.

And another thing that makes it tough for you to sit here and lecture the fanbase is this: you aren't a fan of UT. Somehow I have a feeling that when BM transfers in the offseason you won't hang around here. And that is fine, I wish BM luck in whatever he does, I have nothing against the kid personally. I wish he would have played better and won the job and given us some wins. But please never address the fanbase as if you are part of us, prove it after BM is gone and stick around, maybe then you'll earn it.
How many ints in garbage time does HB have this season??? If your gonna use stats...2 ints in garbage time is not inspiring...just saying

How many ints in garbage time does HB have this season??? If your gonna use stats...2 ints in garbage time is not inspiring...just saying

I didn't say anything about HB. Not one single thing. What are you talking about?

Also...
I don’t mean it that way tbh. I mean it more in the sense that I want UT to have it’s qbs as I’ve said many times before. Pruitt has wasted so much time at this point on JG that he’s at the point of having to “guess” in HOPES of getting it right with very little time left to compare performances of the younger qbs.

VN Store

Back