So the fan base won. HB time.

Anything. UGA game, Bama before he got hurt....UF only QB to score points....all of those show he has potential....and come on. EG really why not Wanya Morris or HT...different positions take more time to make a meaning determination on how a player will end up.....even last year noone knew Gray would be this effective in fact many said as early as a few games ago that EG was too soft and didnt break arm tackles....he has defied that....so obviously last seasons 101 rushes wasnt enough to determine how good EG will be or can be...we will have to agree to disagree

See, you have nothing but generalities. That's it. "UGA Game" "Bama before half" and my favorite "UF only QB to score points." Wow. I mean, we got beat 34-3, but yeah...how he led us to one FG is awesome. Hey, how'd he play in that FLA game? 4-11 (36%) 44 yards 0 TDs and 1 INT. Spectacular. Heisman caliber.

UGA was a decent game, no doubt. 14-28 (50%) completion, 259 yards 2 TDs and 1 INT. Ive already addressed this. Credit him, but if you take away 1 single play (a 73 yard TD coverage bust) suddenly he is 13-27 (<50%) 174 1td 1 int. Looks worse. Not bad, but not great either. That one play was huge for him. But 1 play can't be his career.

71% completion 0TDs 1INT 67 yards v Bama.

Again, if you think that makes him good, great for you.

I posted his career stats. They are not good.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Ok bud if ya say so..
Peterman never had any significant playing time before Florida start. He had 4 throws the week before at Oregon.

Bailey has had a lot more than Peterman had.

Bailey is playing at home for his first start in a low capacity crowd. Peterman started in the Swamp with 90K people.

They are nothing alike outside of just having first starts vs same team.

See, you have nothing but generalities. That's it. "UGA Game" "Bama before half" and my favorite "UF only QB to score points." Wow. I mean, we got beat 34-3, but yeah...how he led us to one FG is awesome. Hey, how'd he play in that FLA game? 4-11 (36%) 44 yards 0 TDs and 1 INT. Spectacular. Heisman caliber.

UGA was a decent game, no doubt. 14-28 (50%) completion, 259 yards 2 TDs and 1 INT. Ive already addressed this. Credit him, but if you take away 1 single play (a 73 yard TD coverage bust) suddenly he is 13-27 (<50%) 174 1td 1 int. Looks worse. Not bad, but not great either. That one play was huge for him. But 1 play can't be his career.

71% completion 0TDs 1INT 67 yards v Bama.

Again, if you think that makes him good, great for you.

I posted his career stats. They are not good.
Ok...
You win. BM is horrible and should never play again....
BY Chance did you say the same about Dobbs after his 1st 75 attempts???

Reactions: 1vol8
Maurer's problem is he just doesn't read defenses that well and will throw the ball into double and even triple coverage and he does it over and over again. He has a lot of good qualities but he just is not ready for SEC level football IMO.

Very depressing sight of the pre-game warmups at Neyland... There was JG, big as life, warming up that laser-guided rocket arm.

We're all a bunch of idiots for thinking that Pruitt would give Bailey half a chance to earn the job today. What's more infuriating, if he trots Bailey out there with the score 124 - zip and UF playing volunteers from the Flarduh faithful I'm going to be sick to my stomach.... matter of fact... too late!

Ok...
You win. BM is horrible and should never play again....
BY Chance did you say the same about Dobbs after his 1st 75 attempts???

Straw man 1. Straw man 2.

I didn't say BM should never play again and is horrible. I said he wasn't good enough to continue to play and/or start at UT. Thats it. Time to give HB the chance and see what he is. We know what BM is - not good enough. You can't argue with the facts, so you resort for the umpteenth time to....

This isn't about Dobbs. That is all you can do is compare them to other arguments in your head. That's it. You can't make the argument that BM deserves to play at UT more using facts, so straw men it is!

Straw man 1. Straw man 2.

I didn't say BM should never play again and is horrible. I said he wasn't good enough to continue to play and/or start at UT. Thats it. Time to give HB the chance and see what he is. We know what BM is - not good enough. You can't argue with the facts, so you resort for the umpteenth time to....

This isn't about Dobbs. That is all you can do is compare them to other arguments in your head. That's it. You can't make the argument that BM deserves to play at UT more using facts, so straw men it is!
You’re basing your opinions on 75 attempts as a true freshman and very little opportunity this year. To say he’s not SEC caliber is premature and I think that’s a valid point he’s making

Let’s see how he does. Imo he needs to top BMs first career start of 259 yards and 2 tds against a much weaker defense to convince me that he may have the same or better upside going forward.

If he doesn’t then I fear Pruitt may have missed an opportunity to develop what could have been a good-great qb of the future in BM because regardless of circumstances of 2019, he was consistently good in 3 of his 4 starts and can be argued that although he wasn’t himself coming off of injury in his 4th, he wasn’t bad in the second quarter of that game either. Just rusty to begin with.

If he does then I think UT may have something to build on and I’ll concede that he should be your guy if he can show the same consistency going forward the rest of the year. Good luck to him today.
Maurer isn’t good. Please transfer with him.

HB stats are not impressive but its clear this kid is the best QB on the roster. The kid needs reps. Period. Should have been playing since the Kentucky game. Pruitt is clearly clueless and times have passed Chaney.

Peterman never had any significant playing time before Florida start. He had 4 throws the week before at Oregon.

Bailey has had a lot more than Peterman had.

Bailey is playing at home for his first start in a low capacity crowd. Peterman started in the Swamp with 90K people.

They are nothing alike outside of just having first starts vs same team.
Ok bud

HB stats are not impressive but its clear this kid is the best QB on the roster. The kid needs reps. Period. Should have been playing since the Kentucky game. Pruitt is clearly clueless and times have passed Chaney.
JT Shrout looked like the best QB to me. HB has a slow release and his arm does not look that strong. He has good pocket presence but Shrout has a much better arm

JT Shrout looked like the best QB to me. HB has a slow release and his arm does not look that strong. He has good pocket presence but Shrout has a much better arm
I’ve been telling people that he’s not what most think. No one wanted to listen because of that 5* status. Sorry but that’s no 5*.

VN Store

Back