So the fan base won. HB time.

The word YOUR instead of OUR would be what led to me making my comment questioning your Fandom....
As long as Pruitt is there expect much of the same. I can’t express enough that I love the Vols but I can’t convince anyone either. I understand that my connection to one of the qbs is damming to my opinions but my opinions are based on facts of actual events.

He thinks that because he has bias towards BM based on the fact he is connected in some way.... his post even alluded to him not being a Vol fan.

His constant argument about BM first start is a tired stance. Watch the video someone posted of all BM's passes last year....with the exception of the GA game he was not good
And BTW.... that video you alluded to wasn’t all of his passes. It was made after the UGA game and didn’t include Miss St, Alabama or UK.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
This has the makings of Nate Peterman all over it, but I’m for it.. trot out true freshman that has barely played against one of the best teams in the SEC, instead of playing thruout the year jus terrible coaching.. but hope he gives those silly gators hell..

These situations are nothing alike.

Let’s see how he does. Imo he needs to top BMs first career start of 259 yards and 2 tds against a much weaker defense to convince me that he may have the same or better upside going forward.
Ridiculous expectations IMO. Let’s hope he shows some good things and be ready to accept some mistakes. They will be coming after him and forcing him into some bad situations. But hey, it’s not impossible that he throws for 300 yds either. Let’s enjoy watching what we hope is a new era and accept it however it plays out.

I bet HB plays most of the game, if not all. Unless he makes a JG type mistake or two

BM is not a P5 level QB. He'll do great at UNLV or UNC Charlotte, schools like that or even perhaps an Appy State, but he's not a P5 guy. If he transfers, I wish him well.
Sorry man.... I respect you but you’re way off with this one. A qb not capable of playing P5 doesn’t hold a lead on UGA for most of the first half and have a team like this competitive with Alabama. A qb that lacks P5 talent doesn’t move the offense at all. You’d think after watching JG for the last 4 years you’d have a great example of what I’m saying.

Reactions: volsfan66
Let’s see how he does. Imo he needs to top BMs first career start of 259 yards and 2 tds against a much weaker defense to convince me that he may have the same or better upside going forward.

If he doesn’t then I fear Pruitt may have missed an opportunity to develop what could have been a good-great qb of the future in BM because regardless of circumstances of 2019, he was consistently good in 3 of his 4 starts and can be argued that although he wasn’t himself coming off of injury in his 4th, he wasn’t bad in the second quarter of that game either. Just rusty to begin with.

If he does then I think UT may have something to build on and I’ll concede that he should be your guy if he can show the same consistency going forward the rest of the year. Good luck to him today.
He has thrown 2 tds and 7 interceptions, along with being a glutton for punishment.

If he doesn’t then I fear Pruitt may have missed an opportunity to develop what could have been a good-great qb of the future in BM because regardless of circumstances of 2019, he was consistently good in 3 of his 4 starts and can be argued that although he wasn’t himself coming off of injury in his 4th, he wasn’t bad in the second quarter of that game either. Just rusty to begin with.

If he does then I think UT may have something to build on and I’ll concede that he should be your guy if he can show the same consistency going forward the rest of the year. Good luck to him today.
You actually think they will open up the playbook for him? It will be a 70/30 split between the run and pass. Gump will handcuff him just to prove a point. At this point I don’t believe Pruitt cares about winning

Reactions: 1vol8
He has thrown 2 tds and 7 interceptions, along with being a glutton for punishment.
5 ints and 3 of those were not on him. Hb already has two. It can be argued that neither are on him either but the “stats” say he’s not good either ATM.

Reactions: kbear01
I love how the fanbase gets all the blame and or credit. Disagree if you want, but their is no better fanbase. We live and die Tennessee athletics. I have been a fan since 1984. 3 different sets of the family had season tickets and would make a 3 hour trip to knoxville and meet at a restaurant ever home game. Only missed 4 until 2006. That year my brother died and was buried in Tennessee clothes. My sons names are Peyton and Casey. Even in these dark years we get up, put on orange, talk to friends and family about the game, live every snap and then listen to after the game on whatever show you prefer. Their is NO college with the type of coverage in the Media like we have. Most of us are identified in our communities as Tennessee fans. ......I say that to say this. IF HB isn't the answer, well 1 person is responsible for recruiting, only 1 person is in charge of the QB coach and QB development. You see other programs with our issues go to the grad transfer market and fill in holes in the roster until they can get their classes in. SEE arkansas who BTW beat us with a 1st year coach and they were in terrible shape prior seasons.
Sorry to ramble....but I say that to say this...."the fans won"? .....that narrative is misguided with all due respect. We don't win unless the Vols. I hope Bailey gets in and tears it up and we get a miracle that we will talk about 10 years from now, if we do, all credit to HB and the coaches not the fans. But if he doesnt....not the fans fault.
Unless you are part of this fanbase.....don't run it down.

You actually think they will open up the playbook for him? It will be a 70/30 split between the run and pass. Gump will handcuff him just to prove a point. At this point I don’t believe Pruitt cares about winning
I think if Cheney trust him the way he obviously did with Maurer then yes. Vs UGA last year I think it was around 55/45 split in favor of the pass.

5 ints and 3 of those were not on him. Hb already has two. It can be argued that neither are on him either but the “stats” say he’s not good either ATM.
Yeah, they both suck. Just hoping our 5* freshman, coming in, can save us. Or, at least get on the field.

Reactions: 1vol8
He thinks that because he has bias towards BM based on the fact he is connected in some way.... his post even alluded to him not being a Vol fan.

His constant argument about BM first start is a tired stance. Watch the video someone posted of all BM's passes last year....with the exception of the GA game he was not good
While yes he does have an obvious bias....i don't think that expectations for the great HB should be any less then BMs in his 1st start???? Should be easy for the QB many have annoited the future

While yes he does have an obvious bias....i don't think that expectations for the great HB should be any less then BMs in his 1st start???? Should be easy for the QB many have annoited the future
But am I biased or truthful? Can both not be true?

Reactions: whodeycin85
I think he showed he was very capable of hurting a defense, no matter who they were, from both the pocket and on the ground. When your first starts are vs the top teams in the country and you consistently move the offense up and down the field? I absolutely believe you don’t you don’t take that as lightly as Pruitt did. Especially last year when his only other option was an equally as ineffective JG.
The kid is made of glass.

Yeah, they both suck. Just hoping our 5* freshman, coming in, can save us. Or, at least get on the field.
Pruitt has three games left to get it right. If HB is what most think he is then Pruitt is finally on the right track. If he’s not then Pruitt may be out of time with the one that he shoved aside.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
It's a little too late to be starting him the season is almost over, should have done this during KY game

Reactions: Remy

Stupid take. BM had a full camp and practice schedule. Bailey didn’t. BM didn’t have ridiculous COVID contacts tracing BS to deal with. Bailey did. It’s utterly disingenuous to try and compare what Bailey might do today vs what BM did. Also factor in Bailey will be throwing to a much worse (if you can believe that) WR corps.

But keep up that BM has rare skills there buddy.

Let’s clear this up. I love the Vols just as Brian does. I have admitted that my fandom is new as I’ve always been more of a professional fan so a Pruitt led Vols team is all I know. Every single one of us started as fans for a reason. Some born into it, others because of Manning or otherwise. My connection to BM has nothing to do with how I feel about the program. They gave him a chance and I respect that and always will. However I think it’s safe to say that Pruitt has a lot of fans questioning. Look at all the “I won’t watch” posts. Do you question their fandom? I don’t. I understand. And it ALL is because of how Pruitt has handled the qbs. Now think of yourself as someone “connected” to one of those qbs that’s having his dreams crushed by this man and tell me how much of a “fan” you’d be of HIM. I can love the Vols going forward without respecting the man running them.
TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Outed weren't you. LOL

VN Store

Back