So the fan base won. HB time.

The kid is made of glass.
I guess that’s a fair assessment given what happened last year but I think you’re wrong. He wasn’t made of glass vs UGA after that wicked hit he took because he was trying to convince Pruitt to let him back in once he caught his breath. He wasn’t made of glass after landing on his head vs Miss St either. He jumped right up and talked chit to the defense. However it was later revealed that that freak accident left him concussed and probably shouldn’t have been playing AT Alabama the following week only to take another shot to the head that was bound to happen at some point. Poor coaching IMO.

Stupid take. BM had a full camp and practice schedule. Bailey didn’t. BM didn’t have ridiculous COVID contacts tracing BS to deal with. Bailey did. It’s utterly disingenuous to try and compare what Bailey might do today vs what BM did. Also factor in Bailey will be throwing to a much worse (if you can believe that) WR corps.

But keep up that BM has rare skills there buddy.
Honest question....they both will have about 3 months time in the college football program when the get/got thier 1st start.....why other should expectations be lower for the higher rated prospect....and HB has 4 weeks of bye weeks where he got snaps...i think a comparison is fair at this point....if we were talkjng week 2 or 3 of the season. Then no.

Let’s see how he does. Imo he needs to top BMs first career start of 259 yards and 2 tds against a much weaker defense to convince me that he may have the same or better upside going forward.

If he doesn’t then I fear Pruitt may have missed an opportunity to develop what could have been a good-great qb of the future in BM because regardless of circumstances of 2019, he was consistently good in 3 of his 4 starts and can be argued that although he wasn’t himself coming off of injury in his 4th, he wasn’t bad in the second quarter of that game either. Just rusty to begin with.

If he does then I think UT may have something to build on and I’ll concede that he should be your guy if he can show the same consistency going forward the rest of the year. Good luck to him today.
Imagine thinking BM is the future over HB. Haha

Reactions: Remy
While yes he does have an obvious bias....i don't think that expectations for the great HB should be any less then BMs in his 1st start???? Should be easy for the QB many have annoited the future
Obvious that you have an obvious bias as well. We will find out in a few hours.

Stupid take. BM had a full camp and practice schedule. Bailey didn’t. BM didn’t have ridiculous COVID contacts tracing BS to deal with. Bailey did. It’s utterly disingenuous to try and compare what Bailey might do today vs what BM did. Also factor in Bailey will be throwing to a much worse (if you can believe that) WR corps.

But keep up that BM has rare skills there buddy.
Full camp? Are you really still convinced ANY of that time was spent on HIM?

No COVID tracing? He HAD the virus! Then a hamstring!

Stupid take? How stupid do you feel now?

Bottom line is they both have had about equal preparation going into their first starts. BM had two weeks before facing UGA. Hb has had two weeks to prepare for UF.

Full camp? Are you really still convinced ANY of that time was spent on HIM?

No COVID tracing? He HAD the virus! Then a hamstring!

Stupid take? How stupid do you feel now?

Bottom line is they both have had about equal preparation going into their first starts. BM had two weeks before facing UGA. Hb has had two weeks to prepare for UF.
Are you sure you want to die on the BM hill? Lol

Regardless of how he does today, Harrison Bailey is one of the best young qb in the country period!! He can't complete a pass or a handoff without 10 other guys doing their jobs.
I hope he becomes that but he isn't... until he is. He's one of the highest rated Fr as a recruit. Now he has to show he was worthy of the ranking.

Bailey is the real deal, but this football team I am not so sure if they can play for 60 minutes.
This team was a QB away from being a good team all year.

Reactions: Remy
Are you sure you want to die on the BM hill? Lol
You can laugh all you want. You better hope Pruitt FINALLY got it right with HB. Right now his track record is speaking for itself and At this point I think it’s obvious that people are just hoping that a blind squirrel found a nut.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Outed weren't you. LOL
He's never denied how he became a Vol fan or that he had a special connection with Maurer.

I became a Vol fan when Heath Shuler signed with the Vols. We came from the same small hometown, went to the same church, and played for the same very proud HS program. My dad actually coached him in Little League baseball. I've been a Vol fan ever since.... through thick and thin. Am I a "troll" too?

I'm sorry. but why are the crybabies here saying one mistake and JG comes back in? If JG isn't starting today and Bailey is, it's easy to see that JG was the QB in the QB room that had the "covid issue" meaning he isn't available.

Let’s see how he does. Imo he needs to top BMs first career start of 259 yards and 2 tds against a much weaker defense to convince me that he may have the same or better upside going forward.

If he doesn’t then I fear Pruitt may have missed an opportunity to develop what could have been a good-great qb of the future in BM because regardless of circumstances of 2019, he was consistently good in 3 of his 4 starts and can be argued that although he wasn’t himself coming off of injury in his 4th, he wasn’t bad in the second quarter of that game either. Just rusty to begin with.

If he does then I think UT may have something to build on and I’ll concede that he should be your guy if he can show the same consistency going forward the rest of the year. Good luck to him today.

I’ve posted that I thought Maurer should get a chance this season. But he hasn’t exactly lit it up...actually looks like he regressed.

Bailey has shown more so far when given the opportunity this season. But time will tell who truly is the better option. Most likely fall camp in 2021.

He's never denied how he became a Vol fan or that he had a special connection with Maurer.

I became a Vol fan when Heath Shuler signed with the Vols. We came from the same small hometown, went to the same church, and played for the same very proud HS program. My dad actually coached him in Little League baseball. I've been a Vol fan ever since.... through thick and thin. Am I a "troll" too?
Thank you.

Reactions: guevara
The circumstances didn't work out well for BM. Had he not gotten injured then he probably would have been the "QB" of the future. But he did get hurt. Pruitt's inexplicable infatuation with JG didn't help.

Bailey seems to be poised to get his shot now. I really, really don't care who wins the job and becomes the QB of the future. I just want to see someone play winning football at the position. Something we have NEVER seen from JG.

I guess that’s a fair assessment given what happened last year but I think you’re wrong. He wasn’t made of glass vs UGA after that wicked hit he took because he was trying to convince Pruitt to let him back in once he caught his breath. He wasn’t made of glass after landing on his head vs Miss St either. He jumped right up and talked chit to the defense. However it was later revealed that that freak accident left him concussed and probably shouldn’t have been playing AT Alabama the following week only to take another shot to the head that was bound to happen at some point. Poor coaching IMO.
Being tough and being made of glass are two different things. I boxed in my younger days and we had a tough as hell dude in my camp but if he got clipped while sparring it was lights out. He would get up and try to continue. Tough as hell but he was made of glass. Also, BM also had a hamstring issue that lasted for several months. I like the kid but he is injury prone.

BM 1st game last year was an outlier and he has performed poorly in about every game since. I had high hopes for him but have to admit he is not the real deal.
To place certain statistical goals for Bailey to reach to compare if he is at BM’s level is just flawed logic.

Maybe I missed it, but when has BM shown any of that early promise since being injured? I thought he was fun to watch before injury / this season. I have no doubt he has been about as developed as my dinner etiquette, but he just doesn't seem like the same dude who brought some initial fire to the team.

I do think he could have been really good and probably still can be, but I don't see it happening in orange. He needs to be in a program that develops his fearless style of play and I'm sure he will be. Probably whip the hell out of a Pruitt led team at some point in his career.

Not expecting much from Bailey today. There is zero indication that our staff can have a QB ready to play.

If the fan base won then Pruitt would have been fired by now.

Reactions: sona
Bailey MAY (still have to see it to believe it) start, but I don’t buy for a second the coaches will have an open game plan for HB. Expect a lot of Grey, Grey and 3rd down roll out patterns at the sticks....

I think that's what they initially wanted anyway. Ground & pound with an occasional deep shot but with Bailey this style should ease him in better. I don't want Bailey throwing 30-40 times his first start. Plus, the only way to beat this UF team is to keep them off their offense off the field.

Reactions: KingPeazy1978
I’ve posted that I thought Maurer should get a chance this season. But he hasn’t exactly lit it up...actually looks like he regressed.

Bailey has shown more so far when given the opportunity this season. But time will tell who truly is the better option. Most likely fall camp in 2021.
I think it’s important to note that we’ve only seen Maurer twice this year though and he was poised vs Alabama. The “regression” idea came from one game vs Arkansas where he was put in with plenty of time and facing a 0 blitz after halftime because the play calling at that point was 35 runs to only 5 passes. I think it’s obvious that no passing game was practiced that week at all. Bailey came in vs a prevent D at the end and checked down to a RB that was purposely left open.

VN Store

Back