Saudi Arabia

It becomes a problem, though, where it spurs or feeds a baseless suspicion or resentment, to get clicks and drive up advertising dollars. Then it's just taking advantage of people's worries and general insecurities.

You just described an Obama fund raiser perfectly.

Reactions: 2 people
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. But the whole thing with the 800 million rounds wasn't technically accurate:

The Great DHS Ammunition Stockpile Myth - Breitbart

It's bad when even Breitbart is saying it was a hoax.

Glad you bumped this though, it reminded me to replace the battery in the clock in my den.

I had not read that before. It seems most everyone had bad info then, because Breibart points out that even Forbes was using inaccurate numbers.

I had not read that before. It seems most everyone had bad info then, because Breibart points out that even Forbes was using inaccurate numbers.

They did. And a lot of conditional factors were misleading as well like the ammo shortage that was caused more by the market than one particular entity buying up all the ammo.

But it's not like Infowars to drive up site clicks by preying on people's paranoia as LG just pointed out. And greatly stretching the truth of the matter to fit what their readers want to hear.

There's nothing wrong with media acting as a check on government power or overreach. It's among its most noble purposes.

It becomes a problem, though, where it spurs or feeds a baseless suspicion or resentment, to get clicks and drive up advertising dollars. Then it's just taking advantage of people's worries and general insecurities.

Fully agree.

Cold day today.

Scarry than the Saudi Kingdom being overthrown by these radical Wahabi/Jihadi groups with access to SA's hypothetical nuke arsenal?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You do realize that the Saudi monarchy is composed ENTIRELY of Wahabist Sunnis, right?

I mean, the only reason they play nice with the US is to keep their Shiite rivals in Iran/Iraq in check...

They are radicals with oil... We could be energy independent if we had he winll as a nation instead of letting the fringe environmentts dictate how we should run our lives

I think right now, Saudi Arabia will be recognized as the terrorists thugs that they are, while Iran takes on the regional leadership role.

I said this last summer and it got the usual eye rolling. But as this year goes on, you all will start to see that I will be right again about this...

I'll hold my "I told you so" until one more shoe drops in the next few months.

I made the same prediction about that very same thing. But you don't see me patting myself on the back. And I really don't have the time to go back and research all the posts I've made just so I could say "I told you so."

Get over yourself. You're not that special.

Reactions: 3 people
I feel so much better now knowing that a state that openly supports terrorism will be assuming the leadership role over a state that furtively supports terrorism.

We're all in good hands now.

I made the same prediction about that very same thing. But you don't see me patting myself on the back. And I really don't have the time to go back and research all the posts I've made just so I could say "I told you so."

Get over yourself. You're not that special.

I was out in front on this getting laughed at and ridiculed. Assuming you did actually take that position, it was only after you saw the worm turning in the last 2-3 months.

I was out in front on this getting laughed at and ridiculed. Assuming you did actually take that position, it was only after you saw the worm turning in the last 2-3 months.

Change your screen name to Nostradomus.:birgits_giggle::whistling:

Assuming I did? I know I did. In combination with the ISIS thread.

Again, you aren't special. Anybody with two brain cells could see as far back as ten years ago Iran wanted to be the major player in the Middle East. Yet was kept in check until this Administration completely ****ed up our foreign policy and gave them the opportunity to move around.

We laugh at and ridicule you for many different reasons. I'm not sure exactly how this one stands out from the others.

Assuming I did? I know I did. In combination with the ISIS thread.

Again, you aren't special. Anybody with two brain cells could see as far back as ten years ago Iran wanted to be the major player in the Middle East. Yet was kept in check until this Administration completely ****ed up our foreign policy and gave them the opportunity to move around.

We laugh at and ridicule you for many different reasons. I'm not sure exactly how this one stands out from the others.

But he is special. How special?

This special:

eds-short-bus.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
and you probably missed the part where SA has already made this agreement with the US as well. God forbid a country try to do everything it can to reposition itself to export more oil.

Iran denounces Saudi Arabia over haj and demands apology | Reuters

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Muslim countries should demand Saudi Arabia be held to account for the deaths. The kingdom presents itself as the guardian of Islamic orthodoxy and custodian of its holiest places in Mecca and Medina.

"Instead of blaming this and that, the Saudis should accept the responsibility and apologize to the Muslims and the victims' families," Khamenei was quoted as saying on his own website.

"The Islamic world has a lot of questions. The death of more than 1,000 people is not a small issue. Muslim countries should focus on this," Khamenei said.

I think right now, Saudi Arabia will be recognized as the terrorists thugs that they are, while Iran takes on the regional leadership role.

Don't think SA has nuclear weapons. In the region it's alleged that Iran, Syria and Israel have nukes, but I don't think any of them are "official". I guess the closest declared weapons would be in India and Pakistan?

We have been demonizing Syria for a mighty long time in this country. If Assad had access to nukes, Tel Aviv and/or Riyadh would be glowing in the dark right now.

VN Store

Back