Saudi Arabia

Have you ever read up on the Hajj? Do you even know what it is? Or what significance it has? Or how modern transportation has increased the numbers exponentially in the last fifty years?

Or are you just ignorant enough to jump to conclusions over everything.

And its funny you would ask me about The Hajj or do I even know what it is, yet I have repeatedly asked the same of you regarding the US Constitution and you don't come across as knowing what it is or what significance it has in law enforcement.

Stop being a Saudi apologist.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I don't know how. I have the luxury in this case of being on the sidelines and wondering how the Saudis can't seem to get it right after all of these years. They are the ones that should have skin in the game and have an incentive to make it safer. They are the ones with boots on the ground every year.

Lets not make it out to be like putting a man on the moon, however.

its funny, we criticized everyone from GWB to the mayor of New Orleans for not having an orderly evacuation plan after having a little less than a weeks notice of Katrina... a once in a lifetime event. Yet, you attack me and challenge me for suggesting that the Saudis should have a better handle on a thousand year old annual tradition.

8 Major incidents in 25 years, with 2,000,000 plus people. as soon as the Saudi's start regulating the haj they become the enemy of every muslim out there. And in your link they mention how they remade a bridge to make it safer. and i thought you were one for very limited government involvement?

Oh boy.

https://www.rt.com/news/319727-saudi-prince-drug-arrest/

Lebanese security forces are interrogating a Saudi prince on charges of carrying drugs on his private plane after they allegedly retrieved 2 tons of narcotics from the aircraft, local media reported.
Abd al-Muhsen bin Walid bin Abd al-Aziz Al Saud was detained on Monday in Beirut's Rafik Hariri International Airport.

The prince was about to conduct a flight on his private plane to Saudi Arabia.

Lebanese TV station Al Mayadeen also said that 40 packages of drugs, weighing 2 tons in total, were confiscated.

The prince was arrested and taken in for questioning along with four other people.

And the punishment for such things:

The use of capital punishment in Saudi Arabia is based on Shari'ah (or Islamic law) and is condemned internationally because of the wide range of crimes which can result in the death penalty and because it is usually carried out by public beheading. In 2011, the Saudi government reported 26 executions in the country.[1] Amnesty International counted a minimum of 79 in 2013.[2] Foreigners are not exempt, accounting for "almost half" of executions in 2013.[2] In fact, foreigners (especially those from the developing world) are routinely executed, mainly for drug smuggling and murder. There has not been any report of a Western national being executed in the recent history of Saudi Arabia.[3]

One day, you people will learn who your real enemy is...

The West’s Alliance With Saudi Arabia Fuels Islamism

One of the key contradictions of Western foreign policy toward the Middle East is the strong alliance with Saudi Arabia. With its vast oil resources and its strategic location between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf, staunchly anticommunist Saudi Arabia became a key Western ally during the Cold War.

This alliance with the West and the influx of enormous oil revenues since the 1970s have allowed Saudi Arabia to export its brand of Sunni Islam, named Wahhabism after its founder Muhammad Ibn Abd al-Wahhab, encouraging the homogenization of Islamic practices around the world after the model of the Wahhabiya. Known for its rejection of pre-Islamic history, visitation of tombs, the mixing of men and women, its zeal to purify Islam from allegedly deviant practices (such as Sufism and Shiism) and its disdain for other religions, the Wahhabiya was a puritan movement that gave religious legitimacy to the conquests of the Al Saud.

Saudi Arabia severs ties with Iran as Mideast protests rage

Al-Nimr died on Saturday alongside 46 terrorism convicts.

160103065100-khamenei-sauds-isis-exlarge-169.jpg

Last edited:
8 Major incidents in 25 years, with 2,000,000 plus people. as soon as the Saudi's start regulating the haj they become the enemy of every muslim out there. And in your link they mention how they remade a bridge to make it safer. and i thought you were one for very limited government involvement?
I guess they could move the rock. The Marianas Trench would be good.

Reactions: 1 person
When you have the oil... You are untouchable

Yep, it's as simple as that. We will have to tolerate them because they have something we need.

On a related note, if anyone thinks the Middle East is bad now, you wait till they run out of oil. Imagine how violent that part of the world will be once its sole source of revenue goes the way of the camel. Tens of millions of young men with no jobs, just sitting around in their desert oases with nothing better to do, while getting to observe the wealthy Arabs, who saved up and fortified, all day long.

I'm not sure that part of the world will ever know peace. It never has. Bad geography = bad ideology = bad economy = bad violence. There's not a whole lot that can be done to change any of that, other than that we hope upon sincerest hope that their governments find ways to reduce corruption and to provide more diversified economies.

They are thinking of IPO'ing their privatized oil. Estimated value is between $1-10 Trillion. I'd buy some
How do you know they wouldn't nationalize it once they have your money? I don't trust arabs any further than I could throw their stupid rock. Remember, it's OK for them to lie to infidels.

VN Store

Back