Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait can Iowa go undefeated and not play in the big10 championship game?

If so they shouldn't go to the playoff and I stand corrected

No, I was talking about Ohio St and Michigan St playing each other. Iowa has a decent chance to make the title game undefeated because their division is significantly weaker and it's still up in the air who they will play.

Iowa is interesting for sure. Their regular season schedule is a joke (avoid OSU, Mich, MSU) but if they win that B10 championship game I would think they have to go.

Their best regular season win would potentially be home vs Pitt. Yuck

No, I was talking about Ohio St and Michigan St playing each other. Iowa has a decent chance to make the title game undefeated because their division is significantly weaker and it's still up in the air who they will play.

Thanks I was confused.

Yes they deserved to go IMO if they win the championship game and go undefeated

Drafted him first round in a fantasy dynasty league 2 years ago.

Pretty sure Marshawn Lynch was available.

It was a Dooley level decision.

Kept him for years in my fantasy league. Allowed to keep 2 players every year of draft. Finally dropped him this year. Paid off. Injury prone too much.

Also, looks like Patterson will never break in the WR rotation in Minn. Just a kick returner. Will probably be let go. Too damn talented, just don't think he has the smarts..

Next week we will run the read option and QB draw til UK is (ironically) black and blue. They don't match up very well with mobile QB's at all. Very encouraged by the pass rush yesterday, so I bet we get after Towles from the get go. We should talliwack them.

Liked for talliwack. :)

Just brainstorming here. CZA is apparently gone after the year. If we don't get Tee, what do you think about Kim McCloud from BGSU?

All I have seen on CZA is talk from a bunch of fans who think he is not doing a good job. Saying that he is apparently gone after the year is a stretch.

Reactions: 2 people
OL got pushed around pretty badly yesterday.

How poorly did the Jones and Hall do?

Very interested to see what happens when Kendrick and Roberson get healthy.

Assuming all are healthy Kendrick is the first one out IMO and then wiesman losses his job to jones. I am ready to see both freshman play regardless

Bullock doesn't have the leg for any kind of distance.

This kid has as strong of a leg as Medley but accurate!

This kid needs a shot. His mechanics are great on film. KOs were going 10 yards past the back line of the endzone. I've seen all I need to see. He's the real deal.

I seen him last year in real life.He kicked it thru the uprights on a kickoff. The ball sounds very different when this kid kicks it.Kinda like a gun going off.

OL got pushed around pretty badly yesterday.

How poorly did the Jones and Hall do?

Very interested to see what happens when Kendrick and Roberson get healthy.

Assuming all are healthy Kendrick is the first one out IMO and then wiesman losses his job to jones. I am ready to see both freshman play regardless

Huh? We played an elite front 7, and out rushed Bama. Gave up 3 sacks until the very last drive, when they were able to pin their ears, and we gave up 2 sacks. Our defense also got 5 sacks. Quit grasping for straws. Our OL did not get pushed around badly.

Reactions: 9 people
Huh? We played an elite front 7, and out rushed Bama. Gave up 3 sacks until the very last drive, when they were able to pin their ears, and we gave up 2 sacks. Our defense also got 5 sacks. Quit grasping for straws. Our OL did not get pushed around badly.
Perhaps my wording was poor.

Our OL lost the line of scrimmage for sure IMO. Now I think we all assumed that would happen but it did happen.

I guess what I was asking was was that due to hall/jones?

I don't think so but I am just hoping the staff won't see it that way and insert 63 back in there when healthy

Last edited:
Perhaps my wording was poor.

Our OL lost the line of scrimmage for sure IMO. Now I think we all assumed that would happen but it did happen.

I guess what I was asking was was that due to hall/jones?

I don't think so but I am just hoping the staff won't see it that way and insert 63 back in there when healthy

Still disagree. We won far more than we lost.

Reactions: 2 people
Still disagree. We won far more than we lost.

3.4 yards a carry and giving up 5 sacks isn't winning far more than we lost in my view

Yes I was pleased because it was better than I expected so don't confuse my point.

My question is do we think the staff felt good or bad about Jones and Hall performance??

I am sure you are saying good. I am as well but it wasn't clear like the Georgia game was IMO

Weighing in without being asked, but, the Jones/Hall performance was winning more than we lost in the UA game due to the quality of the defensive guys they played against and that they went 4 quarters. Without it, there is no offense, and nothing worthwhile to talk about today.

3.4 yards a carry needs 27 yards added back for lost sack yardage IIRC.

Does the staff feel good or bad? Good - and more clearly so than the UGA game. Bama was a deserving top 10 team with a proven stout D. UGA - not so much. Bama game was on the road for the Jones/Hall combo's first road game playing together. UGA was at home within the friendly confines of Neyland.

Reactions: 1 person
SEC Mike ‏@MichaelWBratton 9m9 minutes ago

For what it's worth, Mel Kiper just said: "Tennessee is the greatest 3-4 team in the history of college football." #Vols

Reactions: 20 people
Sorry you had to deal with that InVOL. Is it wrong of me that I don't give a sh!t that he's sustained that injury? It may look bad of me to think that way but I really dislike that dude and what little he stands for.

I don't think it's bad. AF is all about AF. He's thrown his school under the bus. I don't really give a dang about AF myself. I do know this, we've seen the best he'll ever be. Hard to regain what he had before with that injury.

Weighing in without being asked, but, the Jones/Hall performance was winning more than we lost in the UA game due to the quality of the defensive guys they played against and that they went 4 quarters. Without it, there is no offense, and nothing worthwhile to talk about today.

3.4 yards a carry needs 27 yards added back for lost sack yardage IIRC.

Does the staff feel good or bad? Good - and more clearly so than the UGA game. Bama was a deserving top 10 team with a proven stout D. UGA - not so much. Bama game was on the road for the Jones/Hall combo's first road game playing together. UGA was at home within the friendly confines of Neyland.

Glad you weighed in. I was asking all posters

So if all are healthy who starts?

63 is out for sure IMO

Now the next one out is hard. IMO 71 is next man out but that one is tough

3.4 yards a carry and giving up 5 sacks isn't winning far more than we lost in my view

Yes I was pleased because it was better than I expected so don't confuse my point.

My question is do we think the staff felt good or bad about Jones and Hall performance??

I am sure you are saying good. I am as well but it wasn't clear like the Georgia game was IMO

UGA defenses don't generate much pass rush against us. I've never understood why but they aren't aggressive Ds. Bama's DL this year is also far, far, superior to UGA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back