Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have they shown you to make you so sure?

Well, they actually play for the Vols for one.

Berry has obviously shown he's an elite athlete - just needs to learn what he's doing. Griffin has an 18-month head start on anyone, Warrior included, that will be trying to take that spot. CBJ and Co have typically gone with an older more consistent player when it's a coin flip.

Dude what? We have some great talent but we aren't 2 and 3 deep 5*. They have MANY more upperclassmen starting. Plus our team has lost Maggitt, Tuttle, Gaulden, Pig, Croom and Jackson which make the talent difference even more evident.

It will take two more top 10 or so recruiting classes to be where bama is talent wise. They have much better depth.

Why do you think we are that far off talent wise? Last year, yes. This year, no. We are one class away from being elite top to bottom on our roster. Yesterday proved it. Why is it so hard to see that we went toe to toe with them for 60 mins with a chance to win at the end? They played a clean game...one INT. That's clean for a big rivalry game. Don't say they were tired...we were way more beat up after a week off than they were playing their 8th straight game. We may be 3-4, but I would guarantee you that no fanbase would want to see their team play us right now.

When Butch was hired, most of our logical fans pointed to 2016 as the year we would be able to go toe to toe with anyone in the country, and 2017 as the year we should be making a championship run. I think Butch has us a year ahead of schedule. The rest of this season and beyond is going to be a lot of fun for the Vol faithful!

Reactions: 6 people
Why do you think we are that far off talent wise? Last year, yes. This year, no. We are one class away from being elite top to bottom on our roster. Yesterday proved it. Why is it so hard to see that we went toe to toe with them for 60 mins with a chance to win at the end? They played a clean game...one INT. That's clean for a big rivalry game. Don't say they were tired...we were way more beat up after a week off than they were playing their 8th straight game. We may be 3-4, but I would guarantee you that no fanbase would want to see their team play us right now.

When Butch was hired, most of our logical fans pointed to 2016 as the year we would be able to go toe to toe with anyone in the country, and 2017 as the year we should be making a championship run. I think Butch has us a year ahead of schedule. The rest of this season and beyond is going to be a lot of fun for the Vol faithful!

Wait......we have logical fans?

Reactions: 1 person
Dang so so proud we found a way to win that Georgia game. So much better outlook here even after a heartbreaker last night.

We are coming boys and not a damn thing the SEC can do about it now

Reactions: 7 people
The fun starts now. We won't lose for atleast nearly a year. Maybe not then. Get Gators and Bama at home. A&M are pretenders. Best West draw in a while. Poor VA Tech. Enjoy guys, the streak begins Halloween night, drink up witches.

Reactions: 10 people
Ouch, as a former Achilles tendon tear survivor, I am well qualified to convey that it sucks big time.

Sorry you had to deal with that InVOL. Is it wrong of me that I don't give a sh!t that he's sustained that injury? It may look bad of me to think that way but I really dislike that dude and what little he stands for.

Last edited:
The good vibes in here are scary. 👀 Right in time for a Halloween beat down of the Mild Cats.

"Can't wait," Bart Scott style.

Why do you think we are that far off talent wise? Last year, yes. This year, no. We are one class away from being elite top to bottom on our roster. Yesterday proved it. Why is it so hard to see that we went toe to toe with them for 60 mins with a chance to win at the end?

Well that's my point. We are almost there but to say we are equally talented with Bama THIS year is silly IMO. We played a hell of a game with a very banged up roster and everyone should be proud of the team.

I think Pac 10 gets left out this year.
Baylor
Clemson
LSU/Bama
????
Maybe OSU but holding out hope that Michigan gets it done.

I will be pulling for Vols, Memphis, and Baylor to win out.

I think Pac 10 gets left out this year.
Baylor
Clemson
LSU/Bama
????
Maybe OSU but holding out hope that Michigan gets it done.

I will be pulling for Vols, Memphis, and Baylor to win out.

Could Memphis get into the playoffs?

If we were fully healthy, you could make a legitimate argument that we are not that far away in terms of sheer talent. However, virtually nobody currently matches Alabama's depth , which takes a cumulative toll over the course of a game and season. It will take 1-2 more recruiting classes to fully close the gap that exists in depth. Having said that, our boys did, indeed, perform heroically in an old-fashioned, 60-minute, toe-to-toe Tennessee-Alabama war. I believe that Saban discovered yesterday that Tennessee will be a far more formidable opponent from this point forth.

If we were fully healthy, you could make a legitimate argument that we are not that far away in terms of sheer talent. However, virtually nobody currently matches Alabama's depth , which takes a cumulative toll over the course of a game and season. It will take 1-2 more recruiting classes to fully close the gap that exists in depth. Having said that, our boys did, indeed, perform heroically in an old-fashioned, 60-minute, toe-to-toe Tennessee-Alabama war. I believe that Saban discovered yesterday that Tennessee will be a far more formidable opponent from this point forth.

For sure. If we only had 2 or 3 injuries instead of our 8 or 9, we win that game. I truly believe that. Maggitt, tuttle, pig, Gaulden etc would have been a difference maker.

Missouri hasn't scored a td in the last three SEC games. Their point totals in the UGA, UF, and Vandy games is 12 points and they haven't scored a td in their last 13 quarters. They are down to 126th in the country in total offense. Our remaining games we play #73, 98, 103, 126, and 81 in total offense.

Reactions: 2 people
Missouri hasn't scored a td in the last three SEC games. Their point totals in the UGA, UF, and Vandy games is 12 points and they haven't scored a td in their last 13 quarters. They are down to 126th in the country in total offense. Our remaining games we play #73, 98, 103, 126, and 81 in total offense.

What you're saying is 9 and 50 are about to eat up.

Losing Curt had an enormous trickle-down effect. It is so much easier to offensively scheme around Derek Barnett when there isn't a comparable bookend on the opposite side. With Maggitt, we would have generated more consistent pressure over the course of the season, produced more defensive stops and had fewer breakdowns in the secondary. Losing Tuttle only compounded the problem and taking Kyle Phillips out of the rotation didn't help either. And, yet, our defensive line yesterday arguably turned in their most impressive performance of the year against a stout Alabama offensive line. Our guys sacked Coker FIVE times, which is the most sacks that the Tide has given up in two years.

Our Defense about to be the stock of the month. Wish I could buy a 1,000 shares of it

Let's see if Butch Davis gets his wish. He's been politicking for that job for two years. Doubt it happens but would make Miami relevant again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back