Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Bama gets in, then a lot of fan bases need to unite to call bull ****. Boycott the damn playoffs. There is no way in hell Bama deserves it.
Oh, I'm in total agreement; but, you know it, and I know it...it's going to happen.

I believe that's what it's going to take to get some much needed changes...fan bases uniting.

You can't excuse any loss. A loss is a loss. there's no such thing as a "good loss". That's just BS. We're better than Bama, and we proved it on the playing field.

This is your bias kicking in. My friends who are fans of other teams have been calling us pretenders all season. Saying things like we were lucky against bama, squeaked by bad Pitt and FL, ect. Then we get smoked by USC. It justifies what they have been saying all year. You can't lose to usc the way we did without consequences.

I hate bama and I certainly don't think they should get in the playoffs, but their resume is they lost 2 very close games on the road in very hostile environments. They have arguably the best QB in the country, and talent all over their roster. They may not have beat a lot of great teams this year, but they can only play who is on their schedule

Oh, but, Marcus Satterfield is a terrible OC. smh at the comments on here sometimes.

People giving Beamer credit for what their O did to us and Clemson are just wrong. All Beamer did is finally take the chains off the O and Satterfield. Those that follow USCe football have all talked about how he refused to play the young guys, especially at receiver until he felt they were ready. When they did and when passing first was used, it changed their season and ours. It was there all along and had been practiced, Beamer chose not to try it until our game.

Not excusing what DC Banks did, but we prepared for one type of O they used all season and they totally flipped the script. After their UF embarrassment he said **** it, we are going to try this. Banks did not or could not adjust our D after halftime with no Jeremy Banks there, he stayed with stupid instead. Result - a season defining loss. Hopefully, DC Banks learned his lesson because I doubt Heup will be making changes for next season with what happened last night. Had USCe stayed with their identity we would have beaten them badly as well.

Matt Rhule never took the leash off Satterfield at Temple either. He was afraid their talent was not good enough, so he used ball control and defense. He was probably right. But you cannot judge Satterfield based on the choices of his head coach. He knows modern offenses and has proved it two weeks in a row.
It's a reasonable explanation but there is no excuse.

Head to head should be the one and only factor if they have the same record. It is not that hard, but the committee will make it way more complicated than that.
Baylor and TCU had a similar situation the first or second year of the CFP…same record, co-Big12 champs (before they went to a championship game)…Baylor held the head-to-head. Week after week Baylor fans were ticked that the committee kept ranking TCU ahead of the Bears. The last ranking, the CFP finally factored in that head-to-head and put Baylor ahead of TCU.

I’m thinking that happens this year too…the final rankings will have Tennessee over Bama.

I want to kick anyone and everyone that argues Bama should legitimately be ranked above us in the nuts. It's a damn lie, and anyone with common sense can see through it.

They didn’t beat anyone this year. I don’t know why so many people ignore that. They have no marquee wins. Zero.

This is your bias kicking in. My friends who are fans of other teams have been calling us pretenders all season. Saying things like we were lucky against bama, squeaked by bad Pitt and FL, ect. Then we get smoked by USC. It justifies what they have been saying all year. You can't lose to usc the way we did without consequences.

I hate bama and I certainly don't think they should get in the playoffs, but their resume is they lost 2 very close games on the road in very hostile environments. They have arguably the best QB in the country, and talent all over their roster. They may not have beat a lot of great teams this year, but they can only play who is on their schedule
No, this is YOUR bias kicking in because you've abandoned logic. We beat Bama. It doesn't matter how close the game was. We won. They lost. And you failed to mention that all world talent Bama team should have had a third loss but were rescued by bad officiating in that Texas game.

Dumb. We pretended our way to 10-2 with one of the toughest schedules.

Your friends are idiots and you shouldn’t be friends with them.

You guys have some anecdotal stories. How are we pretenders when we beat 6 bowl teams? That’s dumb.

Everyone has a bias. But beating a team on the field matters- it just does. Bama barely beat Texas and OM- why isn’t that a strike against them? Because it’s Bama.

USC is a much different team now than then. They finally decided to let rattler sling the ball 40 plus times. They were a running team before us and Clemson. They probably figured what do we have to lose and it worked well for them. They should have done it all year.
That's fine, but it doesn't change that Georgia demolished a team that beat two to ten teams.... That's all

No, this is YOUR bias kicking in because you've abandoned logic. We beat Bama. It doesn't matter how close the game was. We won. They lost. And you failed to mention that all world talent Bama team should have had a third loss but were rescued by bad officiating in that Texas game.

If we would have lost to usc the way Clemson did, we would probably be ahead of bama in the rankings.

Because we got our teeth kicked in, we probably won't.

It's not that hard to understand.

Reactions: jakez4ut
IF TCU and USC both lose next weekend, then Ohio State and a one-loss TCU should be the last two teams in. A one-loss TCU is more deserving than a 2-loss Bama IMO. There is no legitimate reason for Bama to make the playoffs. I don't care who loses. IF they make it, it's totally on Bama bias and in no way based on merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back