Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me again who Bama has beat that should put them above Ohio State? If a two-loss team makes it, it will be Bama. The committee already has them ahead of us despite our head-to-head win. So we won't jump them. Ohio State is more deserving than Bama. But as long as USC and TCU take care of business next weekend, this shouldn't even be a debate.
Now you don’t hear a word about a team not playing in their championship game and making the CFP. Isn’t it ironic?

Not a given. We will have a lot of time to prepare and one game is still not enough to pass judgment on Milton. You all are still looking at last year's Milton and thinking he has not changed and I think he clearly has.

I want to see him toss the rock in dry and calm weather with all the tools at his disposal. Because I want to. So bad. I’m just not sure about it. He’s been a great bullpen arm. But that’s been against teams we already took apart. He’s frustrating.

If you think about it, their top two running backs were injuried, so goober Beamer was pretty much forced to do the smart thing against his own judgement.
I've got a feeling that they also simplified the playcalls as well. There had been a lot of talk about how complicated it was for the QB to call the play in the huddle since they were trying to run a pro-style system all the way down to the long-winded playcalls. Hard to get all the players on offense to be on the same page doing that at the college level. They also seemed to have kept more guys in pass pro and gave Rattler fewer reads so he can make quicker and better decisions.

I'm hoping Rattler sees these games as the momentum he needs to leave early for the draft. Not a great decision for him, but I wonder if he risks coming back considering how bad things have been for him at South Carolina to this point. If he leaves, what does South Carolina have at QB behind him? Luke Doty and that's it? I doubt they're set-up to take another step forward next season, especially if Rattler leaves.

Uhh uscjr just beat Clemson and is 8-4...

TAMU is 5-7 😅🤣🤣😅

25 v 15 points not much different, but much different 1) opponents and 2) unexpected field conditions 😡😡🤬🤬

If we would have lost on a last second dg or something it would be different. But that's not what happened. We were dominated from the beginning. We briefly made a game of it and then they smoked us.

There is no way to excuse that loss. It's why we have no chance of jumping above the 7ish are no matter what happens to the teams above

You can't poop the bed and then act like it never happened.

If we would have lost on a last second dg or something it would be different. But that's not what happened. We were dominated from the beginning. We briefly made a game of it and then they smoked us.

There is no way to excuse that loss. It's why we have no chance of jumping above the 7ish are no matter what happens to the teams above

You can't poop the bed and then act like it never happened.
You can't excuse any loss. A loss is a loss. there's no such thing as a "good loss". That's just BS. We're better than Bama, and we proved it on the playing field.

Vol club only has 1600 members. If you want portal help, we need to change that. How many active members are there on VN?
Signed up Missouri week, and that’s surprisingly low. I did the math the other day and that $30mil goal is very doable IMO, if the capacity of Neyland (101,915) just signed up for the $25 a month plan that’s $30.5Mil annually.

Tell that to the playoff committee. They will say otherwise.
Football politics. It's BS. Tennessee proved they were the better team on the playing field when we beat them head-to-head. For the playoff committee to ignore that is criminal. But they will ignore it because Bama gets preferential treatment.

Bama will be ranked ahead of UT. Bamas losses are better than UT's losses. That SC game killed any hope of the CFP for UT. I'm sure Hooker being out has some effect on our ranking as well. I don't think it matters to the committee about SOS as much as what have you done for me lately.

Of course SOS doesn’t matter, why would it? That would be silly.

If Bama is ahead of UT, then I better not hear any “expert” ever suggest that winning head to head on the field matters again.

USC is a much different team now than then. They finally decided to let rattler sling the ball 40 plus times. They were a running team before us and Clemson. They probably figured what do we have to lose and it worked well for them. They should have done it all year.

Oh, but, Marcus Satterfield is a terrible OC. smh at the comments on here sometimes.

People giving Beamer credit for what their O did to us and Clemson are just wrong. All Beamer did is finally take the chains off the O and Satterfield. Those that follow USCe football have all talked about how he refused to play the young guys, especially at receiver until he felt they were ready. When they did and when passing first was used, it changed their season and ours. It was there all along and had been practiced, Beamer chose not to try it until our game.

Not excusing what DC Banks did, but we prepared for one type of O they used all season and they totally flipped the script. After their UF embarrassment he said **** it, we are going to try this. Banks did not or could not adjust our D after halftime with no Jeremy Banks there, he stayed with stupid instead. Result - a season defining loss. Hopefully, DC Banks learned his lesson because I doubt Heup will be making changes for next season with what happened last night. Had USCe stayed with their identity we would have beaten them badly as well.

Matt Rhule never took the leash off Satterfield at Temple either. He was afraid their talent was not good enough, so he used ball control and defense. He was probably right. But you cannot judge Satterfield based on the choices of his head coach. He knows modern offenses and has proved it two weeks in a row.

How would Bama jump TCU? How would they jump OSU? Michigan and UGA are in no matter what. So how does Bama get in? I’m seriously asking.
The fact that you're seriously asking is baffling to me. I'm not trying to be mean in saying that, at all; but, well...it is.

First, imo, if TCU loses...bye bye, see ya later. They're done. One loss or no, does not matter, whatsoever. With that, OSU in.

Notice I said if TCU AND! USC loses...
USC loses, Bama in right behind OSU.

WHAT IN TARNATION HAPPENED ON THE NIGHT OF NOVEMBER 19?!

one of life’s mysteries.
I said it at the time, if the powers of SEC had our back they would have scheduled our SC game at 11.
The only way they beat us is a night game.

Guarantee you if Alaeffingbama had been in same situation, it would have been an early game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back