Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the season has concluded.

I hope HH gets invited to NY and the Heisman ceremony as a finalist. He is still as highly deserving of the honor as anybody else. Just a fact none can deny if they are honest, which ESPN is not. They were so happy to claim his chances were over all week.

To reflect his impact on the program, I hope Joe Milton takes over and destroys CFB next season, wins the Heisman in Hendon's honor, and raises the natty trophy up high for his Vol teammates, coaches and fans everywhere at the end of next season.

I have gone from Overthrow Joe and his wuss running to a huge believer in all aspects of his game. The offseason will be important for him to take the next step and control his adrenaline rushes and learning to stay within the system. His friendship with HH will continue and be beneficial. The team relationships are already in place. I just want Heup to focus his scheme on what Joe does well and make the play calls that match. I believe he will. Opponents will focus on Joe while our running game will kicks their tails like Vandy saw last night.

This is your bias kicking in. My friends who are fans of other teams have been calling us pretenders all season. Saying things like we were lucky against bama, squeaked by bad Pitt and FL, ect. Then we get smoked by USC. It justifies what they have been saying all year. You can't lose to usc the way we did without consequences.

I hate bama and I certainly don't think they should get in the playoffs, but their resume is they lost 2 very close games on the road in very hostile environments. They have arguably the best QB in the country, and talent all over their roster. They may not have beat a lot of great teams this year, but they can only play who is on their schedule

You gotta hit em with the

1669560393922.gif

IF TCU and USC both lose next weekend, then Ohio State and a one-loss TCU should be the last two teams in. A one-loss TCU is more deserving than a 2-loss Bama IMO. There is no legitimate reason for Bama to make the playoffs. I don't care who loses. IF they make it, it's totally on Bama bias and in no way based on merit.

If Bama gets in as the first 2-loss team ever then it’s blatant bias.

If we would have lost to usc the way Clemson did, we would probably be ahead of bama in the rankings.

Because we got our teeth kicked in, we probably won't.

It's not that hard to understand.
Bama has done absolutely nothing to deserve their ranking.

It's really not that hard to understand.

All true except team A has 2 close close losses...

Team B has 2 non-competitive losses

At the end of the day - all else being equal - jmo but the committee should take the team that has at least shown up all 12 games and will more likely show up in the playoffs vs uga. They've lost hope UT can make a 1v4 uga matchup competitive, for good reason, and now without Hooker.

Jmo but the USCjr loss HAD to be single digits if we wanted to have any sort of an argument. Clemson win or not, that loss looked AWFUL on the national scale...because of the margin. 4 quarters of 25% decent defense and we're in the playoffs. Oh well...about 5 other teams could/will end up saying similar. Absurdly great great season nonetheless.
The argument for Bama is solely that their losses are pretty. It isn’t about their wins because they don’t have any good ones. There wouldn’t be a question if the name on the jersey wasn’t Alabama.

South Carolina saved us from losing our minds when USC would’ve jumped us after championship weekend or really this weekend after they beat ND.

The committee loves when teams avenge a loss. The second USC beat Utah the committee would have been on the field handing out golden tickets to the playoff.

As evidenced by the past couple of weeks, you have to let it play out on the field, but we on this board (our entire fan base) would have been crying and praying for a Utah win this coming weekend.

Reactions: jordan4vols
Now that the season has concluded.

I hope HH gets invited to NY and the Heisman ceremony as a finalist. He is still as highly deserving of the honor as anybody else. Just a fact none can deny if they are honest, which ESPN is not. They were so happy to claim his chances were over all week.

To reflect his impact on the program, I hope Joe Milton takes over and destroys CFB next season, wins the Heisman in Hendon's honor, and raises the natty trophy up high for his Vol teammates, coaches and fans everywhere at the end of next season.

I have gone from Overthrow Joe and his wuss running to a huge believer in all aspects of his game. The offseason will be important for him to take the next step and control his adrenaline rushes and learning to stay within the system. His friendship with HH will continue and be beneficial. The team relationships are already in place. I just want Heup to focus his scheme on what Joe does well and make the play calls that match. I believe he will. Opponents will focus on Joe while our running game will kicks their tails like Vandy saw last night.
I would think HH would get invited. Don't they normally invite the top 5? Surely his stats put him in that group. The question is whether he would go with his injury?

This is your bias kicking in. My friends who are fans of other teams have been calling us pretenders all season. Saying things like we were lucky against bama, squeaked by bad Pitt and FL, ect. Then we get smoked by USC. It justifies what they have been saying all year. You can't lose to usc the way we did without consequences.

I hate bama and I certainly don't think they should get in the playoffs, but their resume is they lost 2 very close games on the road in very hostile environments. They have arguably the best QB in the country, and talent all over their roster. They may not have beat a lot of great teams this year, but they can only play who is on their schedule
Who........have........they.......beaten?

Don’t pass judgement on tonight’s game. It was raining and windy.

He was literally a 76% passer before last week and dropped 60+ yard dimes in mop-up duty multiple times. Let’s see him in decent weather and field conditions again before keeping on with this inaccurate narrative.

Milton’s passing issues were not wind related. Only one of his passes was actually affected by it. He has zero touch on his throws. I saw no improvement on his accuracy last night over the guy who lost his job to HH last year.

Get better friends. They're infecting you with their bias.

Tennessee and LSU were on Bama's schedule! Bama didn't win the big games on their schedule.

Last edited:

They snuck by Texas with a backup Quarterback. They snuck by A&M. They struggled to beat Ole Miss. They needed to keep their starters in the last two minutes of the game to cover against Auburn at home. They struggled against A. Peay. Tennessee gave up a scoop and score and still won. See what I did there.

We don't have to worry about other fans talking sh*t about us because we have so many of our own fans willing to do it for them!

We just won 56-0 in crappy weather and all some of you want to talk about is Joe's deficiencies. He has time to still become a great qb. To this day he hasn't played that much D1 football and I'm betting on Heup getting him there..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back