Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be okay with losing a spot to Ohio State. That's somewhat understandable.

Their best wins
10-2 Penn State
8-4 Notre Dame
Maryland 7-5
Iowa 7-5
Wisconsin 6-6
Toledo 7-5

With one loss ehh I could get over it even though we have better wins

10-2 Alabama
9-3 SEC West Champion LSU
8-4 Pitt
7-5 Kentucky
6-6 Florida
6-6 Missouri
We would also have a 7-5 South Carolina on this list if we had only one loss.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
If TCU and USC lose...

Whenever Bama gets in, those of you who will be out of your minds with shock and disbelief...just know, you've done it to yourselves. Listen to me now...prepare yourself now, so you wont be so shocked and overwhelmed with disbelief. It WILL happen. Yes, it will suck and shouldn't be so and should cause outrage; but...again...it WILL happen. They are going to do EVERYTHING they possibly can to get them in...especially over us; and, every one of you know it.

Again, prepare yourselves now; and, just maybe, it won't be as unbearable. Well, it will be...but, you know what I'm saying.
How would Bama jump TCU? How would they jump OSU? Michigan and UGA are in no matter what. So how does Bama get in? I’m seriously asking.

Reactions: VolByLaw
USC is a much different team now than then. They finally decided to let rattler sling the ball 40 plus times. They were a running team before us and Clemson. They probably figured what do we have to lose and it worked well for them. They should have done it all year.
If you think about it, their top two running backs were injuried, so goober Beamer was pretty much forced to do the smart thing against his own judgement.

All true except team A has 2 close close losses...

Team B has 2 non-competitive losses

At the end of the day - all else being equal - jmo but the committee should take the team that has at least shown up all 12 games and will more likely show up in the playoffs vs uga. They've lost hope UT can make a 1v4 uga matchup competitive, for good reason, and now without Hooker.

Jmo but the USCjr loss HAD to be single digits if we wanted to have any sort of an argument. Clemson win or not, that loss looked AWFUL on the national scale...because of the margin. 4 quarters of 25% decent defense and we're in the playoffs. Oh well...about 5 other teams could/will end up saying similar. Absurdly great great season nonetheless.

USC is a much different team now than then. They finally decided to let rattler sling the ball 40 plus times. They were a running team before us and Clemson. They probably figured what do we have to lose and it worked well for them. They should have done it all year.

The beautiful irony (100% not lost on their own fans) is now Satterfield will 100% will be back. They'll lose Rattler...things will get worse...8-4 was their peak and they know it.

At this point, I will be big USC and TCU fans this weekend. No way we jump USC, Bama, and OSU to get to 4 if they both lose. If one of them loses, the OSU narrative gets strong and I totally do not want that at all. The only thing worse would be 2 loss Bammer getting in.

Yeah, I don't see a reasonable argument for a 2 loss team. It's never happened, and if the committee put in a 2 loss Alabama that didn't win it's division or even a good quality win... then the committee should be immediately investigated and done away with.

1. UGA
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. USC
5. OSU
6. Bama
7. UT
8. Penn State
9. Clemson
10. Washington

You could flip Clemson and Washington

Only way to have the slimmest of slim chance is if USC, TCU and Michigan all lose in their conference championships. I'm talking losing by 21+, all of them.

Reactions: Volnukem
It's LSU's loss last night worse than ours last week? I think so. Yes

I don't. The USCjr loss was as bad a loss as a team could have. Our D never got off the bus. Pathetic to lose to them - and the way we did was one the worst losses of all time considering what was on the line.

7-8 is where we should be ranked.

Reactions: keckjm and StoVol
If TCU and USC lose...

Whenever Bama gets in, those of you who will be out of your minds with shock and disbelief...just know, you've done it to yourselves. Listen to me now...prepare yourself now, so you wont be so shocked and overwhelmed with disbelief. It WILL happen. Yes, it will suck and shouldn't be so and should cause outrage; but...again...it WILL happen. They are going to do EVERYTHING they possibly can to get them in...especially over us; and, every one of you know it.

Again, prepare yourselves now; and, just maybe, it won't be as unbearable. Well, it will be...but, you know what I'm saying.
IF Bama gets in, then a lot of fan bases need to unite to call bull ****. Boycott the damn playoffs. There is no way in hell Bama deserves it.

The defense had so much fun last night. Was great to see. I was ecstatic to see these guys get to enjoy the fruits of coming back and earning back some respect.

Then they had to go and put Hendon "That's My Quarterback" Hooker on TV...😪😪🤧🤧🤧😭 ugh I hate to see that guy leave. He is right up there with Dobbs, Manning, and Tee as my lifetime's favorites.

I don't. The USCjr loss was as bad a loss as a team could have. Our D never got off the bus. Pathetic to lose to them - and the way we did was one the worst losses of all time considering what was on the line.

7-8 is where we should be ranked.
Uhh uscjr just beat Clemson and is 8-4...

TAMU is 5-7 😅🤣🤣😅

25 v 15 points not much different, but much different 1) opponents and 2) unexpected field conditions 😡😡🤬🤬

How would Bama jump TCU? How would they jump OSU? Michigan and UGA are in no matter what. So how does Bama get in? I’m seriously asking.
Because they are Bama, and college football kisses their ass. They shouldn't get in, but the possibility still exists.

Reactions: itsme

At the end of the day - all else being equal - jmo but the committee should take the team that has at least shown up all 12 games and will more likely show up in the playoffs vs uga. They've lost hope UT can make a 1v4 uga matchup competitive, for good reason, and now without Hooker.

Jmo but the USCjr loss HAD to be single digits if we wanted to have any sort of an argument. Clemson win or not, that loss looked AWFUL on the national scale...because of the margin. 4 quarters of 25% decent defense and we're in the playoffs. Oh well...about 5 other teams could/will end up saying similar. Absurdly great great season nonetheless.
Head to head trumps all. They have proven it on the field. Not a great argument, sorry.

If TCU and USC lose...

In no way does Bama deserve to be in the playoffs, all we had to do was play like we cared against USC east. I will say that if they make the playoffs(puke) that should put us in the Sugar. I could use a trip to NOLA.

Bama has no quality wins and lost to us in the head-to-head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back