Recruiting Forum Football Talk LI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s Steele guys. It’s always been Steele.

Too many local guys have been fighting too hard to sell us all on it over the past few days. Basilio, Griffith, Tyrone, etc.

I’d say it makes me sick, but really it just makes me care a lot less about what happens with UT football.

These guys pitching Steele so hard is only to their benefit. Obviously information will be easier to get from Steele than Pruitt. Only reasonable explanation I can come up with.

Reactions: 1 person
According to Simonton, Pruitt and Fulmer are meeting right now. The Pruitt camp believes Steele will get it. The Steele camp believes Pruitt will get it.

Brace yourselves.

This is nuts. Last night its between Pruitt and Tucker. Now they say Its Steele and Pruitt. Just can't enjoy a moment of excitement in here for worrying about hiring Steele. Which would be a total failure by CF and to me.

It's possible that Hubbs knows some of the off-the-field rumors of the 2 men, and trusts Steele more. Hubbs might rather lose with honesty than win with cheating. Just a thought.

We deserve better than 9-36. After the last decade of misery. And after what we fought for last week.

If it's Steele, empty neyland.

Just awful if they try to forcefeed that garbage on us

Reactions: 4 people
Yes we can. Give him a 4 or 5 year deal. Buyout to leave after year 1 is $12m.

If he does well enough in year 1 or 2 then you extend him. There is absolutely no need for a 6 year deal unless you are using the length to negotiate down other parts of the contract.

You are being dramatic bruin. $25m buyout for Jeremy Pruitt? Come on man.

12mil doesn't protect us at all. Pocket change to Bama.

We simply have to protect ourselves. If he doesn't agree hire Tucker or Steele.

It’s Steele guys. It’s always been Steele.

Too many local guys have been fighting too hard to sell us all on it over the past few days. Basilio, Griffith, Tyrone, etc.

I’d say it makes me sick, but really it just makes me care a lot less about what happens with UT football.

I hope this is not true but I have been thinking this for days now. I like a Pruitt hire and hope that's the way it goes but even on SEC Now this morning they asked who of the three would be Uts next coach and they all said Steele although Tucker will be a HC somewhere soon. The only place Pruitt was mentioned was on the graphic.

Just seems like Steele is being repeated over and over and that is concerning to me. Just hire Pruitt and let's get this thing turned around.

For me, it wasn't the PSU stuff that made Schiano a No. It was the stuff in Tampa Bay like ordering your dline to dive at the legs of the other teams oline in victory formation TWICE, covering up a MRSA outbreak in the locker room, releasing medical info on players when it was against the CBA, releasing Josh Freeman was in the drug program when he wasn't, players hating him at Rutgers and Tampa, the underwhelming coaching records. The PSU stuff wasn't even needed. He's a trash human being and does not fit the Tennessee culture. It was a bad football hire and a bad fit for the university. PSU stuff just gave some people an automatic no.

Pruitt has none of that on his record and the sleeping with a coed is rumor just like the PSU stuff. at least it involves an adult though

I'm not saying that Schiano should've been the hire, but the bolded isn't completely true. For anyone that hasn't heard about the Eric Legrand story, I recommend looking it up.

atleast Currie tried to speak with real candidates. Had Brohm wanting the job and leach too. Now we are out here hoping we get Pruitt just so we dont get Kevin Steele. Never thought Fulmer would have done worse than Grinch Currie but here we are. Standing here with our cups on at 9:30am.

12mil doesn't protect us at all. Pocket change to Bama.

We simply have to protect ourselves. If he doesn't agree hire Tucker or Steele.

You're not thinking clearly. If bama wants a coach they will get him. For every dollar the price goes up on the buyout on his end it goes up for us to fire him as well.
You aren't protecting us as much as you're marrying us to a coach without HC experience. It's crazy.

Honestly, him doing well enough for Bama to want him isn't a concern of mine.

Hubbs says Adrian Martinez and family loves UT, but they need a coach ASAP. Says Fulmer is making Cade Mays a huge priority.

Reactions: 2 people
According to Simonton, Pruitt and Fulmer are meeting right now. The Pruitt camp believes Steele will get it. The Steele camp believes Pruitt will get it.

Brace yourselves.

tenor.gif

Reactions: 2 people
We deserve better than 9-36. After the last decade of misery. And after what we fought for last week.

If it's Steele, empty neyland.

Just awful if they try to forcefeed that garbage on us

Agree. No way he can hire Steele. No way. Don't do it Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back