Recruiting Forum Football Talk LI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that we couldn't go get Brohm or Morris makes me feel like Currie and Fulmer are equal. From a football standpoint, I don't think that Pruitt is any better than Schiano. At least he doesn't have the PSU stuff I guess.

Reactions: 1 person
Pruitt is a good save to this botched search. Pruitt/Tee, I'm not sure Pruitt would go that route, but those two would minimum load the roster with talent imo.

The fact that we couldn't go get Brohm or Morris makes me feel like Currie and Fulmer are equal. From a football standpoint, I don't think that Pruitt is any better than Schiano. At least he doesn't have the PSU stuff I guess.

Phil did only have a week. Currie should've seen it coming from his first day.

Yeah, he's just the best of 3 not so good options right now.

I'll believe he will be successful when I see it. No more blind support. Pruitt needs to show marked improvement year 1.

I think the potential advantages of Pruitt over Schiano are in recruiting and the staff he could bring. The irony is that we torpedoed Schiano over his connection to a sex scandal and are now apparently on the verge of hiring a guy who has his own (albeit with adult women) issues in that area.

Reactions: 1 person
people keep talking about Pruitt being a bammer at UT... hell, someone posted a family pic last night of when he was at GA with uga... Gimme a break, you pay him and I bet he sings Rocky Top till he's blue in the face...

For me, it wasn't the PSU stuff that made Schiano a No. It was the stuff in Tampa Bay like ordering your dline to dive at the legs of the other teams oline in victory formation TWICE, covering up a MRSA outbreak in the locker room, releasing medical info on players when it was against the CBA, releasing Josh Freeman was in the drug program when he wasn't, players hating him at Rutgers and Tampa, the underwhelming coaching records. The PSU stuff wasn't even needed. He's a trash human being and does not fit the Tennessee culture. It was a bad football hire and a bad fit for the university. PSU stuff just gave some people an automatic no.

Pruitt has none of that on his record and the sleeping with a coed is rumor just like the PSU stuff. at least it involves an adult though

Reactions: 9 people
If Pruitt comes I can really see Kyle Phillips having a great year. He's got all the tools and think he has the potential to be a great DE. I honestly think he and Kongbo would be better in a 3-4 scheme

Bituli and Kirkland in the middle. Darrell Taylor and Matt Butler as OLB. Lot of pieces fit better in the 3-4 compared to that weak 4-2-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back