Recruiting Forum Football Talk LI

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it wasn't the PSU stuff that made Schiano a No. It was the stuff in Tampa Bay like ordering your dline to dive at the legs of the other teams oline in victory formation TWICE, covering up a MRSA outbreak in the locker room, releasing medical info on players when it was against the CBA, releasing Josh Freeman was in the drug program when he wasn't, players hating him at Rutgers and Tampa, the underwhelming coaching records. The PSU stuff wasn't even needed. He's a trash human being and does not fit the Tennessee culture. It was a bad football hire and a bad fit for the university. PSU stuff just gave some people an automatic no.

Pruitt has none of that on his record and the sleeping with a coed is rumor just like the PSU stuff. at least it involves an adult though

Hot damn. Tweet this to that Yankee Thamel.

SO Pruitt sole purpose in his first HC job is to come and promote AL ? Have AL stuff everywhere like that would really happen? He wants to succeed where he gets his chance. Beating Saban would make his career. Just silly to say he is coming to promote AL is all I am saying.

Not at all. Pruitt isn’t coming here for that and that is silly to think about, absolutely. I just don’t consider Kirby a Bammer was all I meant. He coached a long time there but he is and always was UGA.

Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.
-Robert A Heinlein

Wasn't a pessimistic take by me. I made the case for the hire the following day.

I felt like after that mess we were gonna have to go the coordinator route and he made the most sense.

Of course this thing took about a million turns since then so that guess was based on a totally different AD making the hire. Once Fulmer was hired I really didn't think Pruitt would emerge as a candidate.

Reactions: 1 person
If true and have no reason to believe its not, finalizing details and signing the dotted lines.

It's the second interview just like Tucker and Steele. Only real difference is he gets the last face to face which is important but this isn't his 3rd meeting

Not at all. Pruitt isn’t coming here for that and that is silly to think about, absolutely. I just don’t consider Kirby a Bammer was all I meant. He coached a long time there but he is and always was UGA.

I see what your saying. I missed the joke all together cause I had seen others say the same. Its cool. Its a message board. lol :hi:

Imo our offer needs serious protection against him bolting. Fulmer very candidly needs to explain to him his successor set this program back a decade by bolting after 1 year. With that said here is what I would offer.

On his end he gets the length of a contract that proves we want him and need stability.

6 yr 30mil
We owe him the remainder of the contract if fired without cause.

His buyout for leaving for any school not named Bama is
25mil after 1 year
20mil after 2
15 mil after 3
10 mil after 4
5 mil after that

Any buyout to Bama is double that amount.

Those numbers are very extreme on both sides.
If we are really where he wants to be here and not use us to get the Bama job then he takes it. If not hire Tucker or Steele.

We simply can't hire a guy that jumps to Bama in a few years and that is a real possibility

Yep, I’ve been all over this. Maybe not that extreme, but yeah, I’d want at least $15 million if he goes to Bama anytime within 5 years. More if he leaves after a year or two.

Yep, I’ve been all over this. Maybe not that extreme, but yeah, I’d want at least $15 million if he goes to Bama anytime within 5 years. More if he leaves after a year or two.

No doubt it's extreme but we are over extending on our end as well. Some give and take

According to Simonton, Pruitt and Fulmer are meeting right now. The Pruitt camp believes Steele will get it. The Steele camp believes Pruitt will get it.

Brace yourselves.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back