Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s said that Steele is:

•A great recruiter
•Best “coach” of the 3
•Has a better resumè
•Isn’t getting the job because he is Fulmer’s buddy if hired

He said he had the "longer" resume not the best

Never heard him say he was the best coach. Said he was a better coach than given credit but pretty sure he never said best of the three

Reactions: 1 person
Imo our offer needs serious protection against him bolting. Fulmer very candidly needs to explain to him his successor set this program back a decade by bolting after 1 year. With that said here is what I would offer.

On his end he gets the length of a contract that proves we want him and need stability.

6 yr 30mil
We owe him the remainder of the contract if fired without cause.

His buyout for leaving for any school not named Bama is
25mil after 1 year
20mil after 2
15 mil after 3
10 mil after 4
5 mil after that

Any buyout to Bama is double that amount.

Those numbers are very extreme on both sides.
If we are really where he wants to be here and not use us to get the Bama job then he takes it. If not hire Tucker or Steele.

We simply can't hire a guy that jumps to Bama in a few years and that is a real possibility

This is an insane contract for a coordinator.

Complete insanity to give him a buyout that pays the full amount of a 6 year deal.

Last edited:
He’s said that Steele is:

•A great recruiter
•Best “coach” of the 3
•Has a better resumè
•Isn’t getting the job because he is Fulmer’s buddy if hired

Steele=fired by Saban
Pruitt=hired by Saban twice

But Steele is the better coach

I see what your saying. I missed the joke all together cause I had seen others say the same. Its cool. Its a message board. lol :hi:

I could have clarified what I was saying better. The coaching search has taken its toll on me. So ready for this to be over, staff filled and recruiting to get back to normal.

This feels like foreshadowing.

The only thing that gives me hope it isn’t is that he pushed Steele really hard as DC before Dooley’s last year and we ended up with Sunseri. Granted, the **** show that was the WVU Clemson game I am sure played a role in that, but Hubbs continued to push him even after that.

Hubbs asked about Pruitt bringing all star staff and leads with well they may get a better offer to stay at the school. Then instantly follows with saying I’m sure Steele had a plan with his staff too, as well as Tucker.

Yeah, but the low floor is not just losing, it's in-fighting with coaches, NCCAA violations, and sex scandals. If he can avoid those things he might be great.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. He could win the SEC or we could end up being Ole Miss.

This is an insane contract for a coordinator.

Completely insanity to give him a buyout that pays the full amount of a 6 year deal.

Agreed and it's an insane protection on our end as well.

We simply have to have stability. We can't even think about firing a coach sooner than 4 years anyway

Imo our offer needs serious protection against him bolting. Fulmer very candidly needs to explain to him his successor set this program back a decade by bolting after 1 year. With that said here is what I would offer.

On his end he gets the length of a contract that proves we want him and need stability.

6 yr 30mil
We owe him the remainder of the contract if fired without cause.

His buyout for leaving for any school not named Bama is
25mil after 1 year
20mil after 2
15 mil after 3
10 mil after 4
5 mil after that

Any buyout to Bama is double that amount.

Those numbers are very extreme on both sides.
If we are really where he wants to be here and not use us to get the Bama job then he takes it. If not hire Tucker or Steele.

We simply can't hire a guy that jumps to Bama in a few years and that is a real possibility

Dabo will be going to Bama when the job becomes open.

But what do you expect them to do?

Currie/Fulmer: Hi ___________ (Petersen, Patterson, Brohm, Morris, Gundy, Taggart, Fisher, Sumlin, etc...), we'd like to offer you an obscene amount of money to be our football coach. Much more than the market dictates is fair, and enough that you'll create generational wealth that will far exceed your lifetime.

Prospective Coach: Nah, I'm good.

And even if they try to sell the job to the person some more and ask them a 2nd, 3rd, 4th time, they are told "no."

What are they supposed to do?

We don't know that those big names were contacted, although we've had reports that some of them were.

You go after the names on the list, and when you are told "no" you move on to the next person on the list.

My point is NOT that this search hasn't been a failure. My point is that the failure isn't 100% due to the ineptitude of Fulmer and/or Currie.

I am not sure Fulmer considers the results of the next 24 hours to be a failure. I think this is the direction he has been leaning all along. It may be unconventional, but I really think he believes in it.

He is just keeping it in the family - the SEC. In retrospect (for me), maybe it is not such a bad plan after all. These are the people who have been beating up on us for a lot of years. Who better to turn things around?

It’s Steele guys. It’s always been Steele.

Too many local guys have been fighting too hard to sell us all on it over the past few days. Basilio, Griffith, Tyrone, etc.

I’d say it makes me sick, but really it just makes me care a lot less about what happens with UT football.

He said he had the "longer" resume not the best

Never heard him say he was the best coach. Said he was a better coach than given credit but pretty sure he never said best of the three

He said he was the best coach of the 3. You’re right about the resume.

I'm amazed at many in the FF that are complaining that we're hiring a McGoogle coach. (Yes a DC is a mcgoogle coach but I'm fine with it.) They think it's going to turn daway recruits if it's not a big name hire.

We didn’t have many realistic choices after the 3 ring circus last week, except going the elite coordinator route.

You're Steele the one I run to
The on that I belong to
You're Steele the one I want for life
(You're Steele the one)
You're Steele the one I love
The only one I dream of
You're Steele the one I kiss good night

-Hubbs
Shania Twain. Nice!

I knew not to get my hopes up too much- after all of this, Fulmer is going to hire Steele! Pruitt and his staff could have been incredible and the fans would have been excited. Steele with the longer resume good grief a horrible one at that!

Agreed and it's an insane protection on our end as well.

We simply have to have stability. We can't even think about firing a coach sooner than 4 years anyway

Yes we can. Give him a 4 or 5 year deal. Buyout to leave after year 1 is $12m.

If he does well enough in year 1 or 2 then you extend him. There is absolutely no need for a 6 year deal unless you are using the length to negotiate down other parts of the contract.

You are being dramatic bruin. $25m buyout for Jeremy Pruitt? Come on man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back