Recruiting Forum Football Talk L (50)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Les alone is a bunt and can’t happen .

Les with Tee and experienced SEC staff and recruiters is a solid stabilizing hire.

Les Miles without Tee is probably a better hire than Les Miles with Tee- and it's still not a good hire either way. While the arrangement that some envision sounds like a good idea in theory, it has the potential to get very bad and toxic very quickly. Miles would likely sign a 5 year contract, and I can promise you he won't see his role to be the kindly professor to Tee Martin.

Reactions: 1 person
maybe not a grand slam but sure not a bunt either. Little dramatic.

Agree to disagree respectfully.

If Les is hired without Tee and a dynamic proven SEC staff, yes it would be a bunt.

I think that is as fair as one could analyze and not dramatic at all.

As for Scott Frost...

I just don't see what a lot of you guys on here see. I'd pick Tee 10/10 times over Frost.

I know there is probably not a snowballs chance in hell that Fulmer will even think about Kiffin... But I think that would be an absolute brilliant hire. It took me years to get over the Kiffin butt hurt, let's hope Phil can get over it too.

Delusion 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

B

Why? Ohio State got run by 30+ by Iowa. They beat a good, but not great, Wisconsin team. You simply cannot have two losses and be the fourth best team in the country. I would rather USC get in over both, but that definitely will not happen.

I personally agree about the 2-loss thing, but Auburn would have been had they won last night.

Alabama should be in over OSU. Only loss to a really good Auburn team versus a blowout loss to an average Iowa team, as well as a 2nd loss.

The Miles hate by many is ridiculous. Even worse is the gray hair hate unless the name is Saban. Phil's right about that.

A TeeLes pairing is a home run. Fulmer knows what to do with it. We get the orange blooded Vol leading the program after he is mentored for a time by a really good football coach that players admire and perform at their highest level for in Les. Folks - he has 7 double digit win seasons in 11 years at LSU and has only been out for a little over a year. His worst two seasons were 8-5 in the toughest division in CFB. Most of it without quality QB's and with predictable offenses. Which is what Tee can address Day One.

Barring finding the perfect HC hire - this combo can win and build into what we want.

8-5? Twice? Do not want. Ugh.

Alabama should be in over OSU. Only loss to a really good Auburn team versus a blowout loss to an average Iowa team, as well as a 2nd loss.

OSU has better wins than Alabama plus are conference champions. Will be interesting to see which is weighed heavier.

This is the Mullen debate all over again

Is Les the best possible coach?

If not, can you do better?

If not, then we are in... but try to do better first

Les Miles without Tee is probably a better hire than Les Miles with Tee- and it's still not a good hire either way. While the arrangement that some envision sounds like a good idea in theory, it has the potential to get very bad and toxic very quickly. Miles would likely sign a 5 year contract, and I can promise you he won't see his role to be the kindly professor to Tee Martin.

I was just about to post this very thing. First sign of adversity or a loss and the fans will scream for tee to take over.

One i really dont think tee comes here as the OC.

Two this coach in waiting thing is a pipe dream that never works

We can do better than Miles. Dont want an old SEC retread.

Last edited:
One thing is absolutely certain. No matter who it is, a large number of us are going to ***** about it when it happens. Some of us will say that they are out and some of us will rejoice at our assured return to prominence. Then, most of us will at least lurk here as the early signing day approaches, and again at the normal signing day. Then, many of us will be excited about Spring practice. Some of us will continue to ***** about the coaching hire and forecast continued gloom and doom. Finally, a good number will show up for the Spring game to support our team. Most of us will renew our season tickets because we love our team more than anything except our families. We will get some highly ranked commitments for 2019 over the Summer and people will begin to get excited again and will almost all be all in by September. Honestly, I would not want it any other way.

Reactions: 2 people
I personally agree about the 2-loss thing, but Auburn would have been had they won last night.

Probably. They did beat Bama head to head and would have beaten Georgia twice. The loss to LSU, IMO, is not as bad as Ohio State's loss to Iowa. We would still be debating the merits of OSU vs. Bama vs. USC.

So I went to the CUSA championship game yesterday in town - wearing an orange Tennnessee shirt. I climbed down onto the field after the game with the fans celebrating. Kiffin singled me out and yelled “Nice shirt” as he walked off the field into the locker room. I doubt Fulmer would give him the opportunity, but there’s no doubt in my mind he wants the job.

Attachments

• 895979A1-82A9-4A11-BABB-252828B50EC4.jpg
    895979A1-82A9-4A11-BABB-252828B50EC4.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 6
Currie and Snyder division was over Bill pushing for his son to take over as HC which Currie was supposedly resistant to

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back