Recruiting Forum Football Talk L (50)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to point something too: Leach is only 19 wins behind Les while having taken 3 full years off between jobs, coaching at two of the worst FBS schools in P5 conference, and enduring two 3 win seasons out of his first three years at WSU. I don't think there is a division one coach who has ever done more with less than the Pirate.

Reactions: 1 person
Can you imagine what Snyder could have done with blue blood resources? He is like Cut though, he found his niche and didn't want to ever leave. And just like Cut he gets the stadium named after him there.

Would have been crazy. Too bad we’ll never know just how good his teams could have been at an elite program. One of the greatest ever imo. It’d be hard(impossible?) to find someone in CFB history who turned around a program as bad as they were and made them a consistent top 10 team

I love les... but he's a retread. He's not what we need to win championships.

He wont be here by the time this team is ready for championships anyway, but Tee will be.

You all think this is going to be hire a 10 million dollar coach and win a Natty next year, AFTER the **** show that has transpired. Is not happening.

Last edited:
I love les... but he's a retread. He's not what we need to win championships.

See. I can't disagree with this either. That has been my thoughts all along. I love Les at LSU. Why because he was fun to watch and listen to. But, he was at LSU. I hated his whole holding back the team thing he did before a game. Which I assume was just his shtick. I hated/hate his whole little child clsp. Which is no shtick. It's him.

But the ******* numbers. They have to have merit too. He didn't just do that with someone else's team. He did that with his teams too.

I don't know.

I think both Leach and Les supporters are right on. I personally like what each scenario brings. Sadly both scenarios come with some big question marks as well.

Just going to put faith in Fulmer to pick best fit.

I think both Leach and Les supporters are right on. I personally like what each scenario brings. Sadly both scenarios come with some big question marks as well.

Les with Martin as OC and I’m happy. Les by himself when Leach wants the job would be disappointing

I got a link you can eat 😎 That story has been posted about USCs three headed system all day long, not doing it again. Plus..I don't really think it is a bad idea to bring Tee in as OC and HCIW, it's better than Miles alone. I'm just saying there is not a lot of proof that Tee is a great OC either. Don't hear many glowing reports of his Offensive genius. I'm sure he is decent, and I know he is a great recruiter. What we really need is a real professional offensive Line coach. That would probably help more than anything right now.

Les has to still be tight with LSU’s, Jeff Grimes. One of the best.

I have known Phil for many years. Pat (who I knew from childhood) introduced us. Knowing him and being 100% behind him are two different things though. Hell, I didn't like the Lady Vols moniker for most of my life...and even told Pat that (not one of my finest moments) at one point. We have had many differences of opinions through the years. I even thought it was time for him to take a break from football (just didn't like the way it happened) when he left. Having said that...I know his love for Tennessee. I will back him until I can't anymore. However, It is way too early for that kind of crazy talk. We are late in the game for coaching searches now. We will get who we get (hopefully someone good), but the alternative was to keep Curry. Someone who a lot/most didn't want here to begin with.

Just my two pennies worth....if it's worth that much.

Reactions: 4 people
Just gonna add. I'm really digging this new (newly found) room. I'm seriously thinking about moving those boxes back in front of the doors and just staying in here....forever. It's very relaxing in here.

Goodnight Volnation. I mean it this time.

Reactions: 3 people
I can only hope that the list of potential candidates seriously pursued will include more than just Les and Leach.

I understand how UT may be presently viewed by the coaching community at large. However, Fulmer has been known as a great recruiter. Time to put those skills to work again, sell the opportunity in Knoxville and hopeully exceed the expectations of many.

Last edited:
I would pay some good money to see Leach's air-raid being ran by a program that has elite 4* & 5* level offensive talent it would be spectacular.

Well he sure won't have that at UT if he's coach. Sure they're 4*'s and 5*'s on paper, but in reality most of them are scrubs.

Whoever the coach will be will have to face one heck of a rebuilding job... because where it counts, the OL, DL, and QB... we are pathetically way below average.

As for Scott Frost...

I just don't see what a lot of you guys on here see. I'd pick Tee 10/10 times over Frost.

I know there is probably not a snowballs chance in hell that Fulmer will even think about Kiffin... But I think that would be an absolute brilliant hire. It took me years to get over the Kiffin butt hurt, let's hope Phil can get over it too.

If Miles has Tee as OC, that would be fine, but I would love to see what the other Oddball Leach would do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back