Recruiting Forum Football Talk L (50)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OSU was curb stomped by Iowa. Bama or USC should go before them.

As far as one of the best teams I think Bama should be in. But I'm a firm believer just like a year or two ago a non conference champ should not be in the playoffs. If you can't win your conference let only your division you shouldn't be there.

Saw in my memories, during last coaching search Wes Rucker had us down to Gundy, Charlie Strong and Jim Mora.

Nobody saw Butch coming.

Reactions: 1 person
Saw in my memories, during last coaching search Wes Rucker had us down to Gundy, Charlie Strong and Jim Mora.

Nobody saw Butch coming.

I think Phil knows a bargain basement hire like Butch is going to go over like a fart in church. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

It didn't say he was going to choose them. It said he would use his connections to try and help get them. Was there more to that article that I didn't see, or are people already trying to fill in blanks that aren't there?

Filling in the blanks that are not there is what we do.

I have a big problem with Miles and Tee together.
In the past it has been talked about how AD forced Fulmer to hire Clawson. Dooley forced to hire Sal. Butch forced to hire Scott and not given resources to hire more proven OC.
But now we want to hire Miles and tell him who his staff can be.
Why not just hire a proven coach, Brohm, Leach, Harsin, Petrino, even Miles and let them choose their staff. This HCIW arrangement rarely works and usually ends in disaster and factions within the team. If we do Miles and Tee, you will eventually have a split team and that is basicly what you have right now. IMO Miles is desperate to get back in to coaching and will agree to anything to get back on the sidelines.

We need to hire a coach and let him run the football program and stop letting ADs and boosters run the show. ADs and boosters got us into this mess in the first place.

Everyone thought Butch micromanaged too much, but now some want Fulmer to micromanage the staff. If we go with Miles and Tee, IMO it will not go well. Miles has a recent history of not working well with OCs.

Reactions: 2 people
This whole college football playoff system will be pure BS if Alabama got in instead of Ohio State

Ohio State has two losses. Last year they vaulted their own conference’s champions, Penn State based on the Nittany Lions having two losses. Not BS...consistency.

I have a big problem with Miles and Tee together.
In the past it has been talked about how AD forced Fulmer to hire Clawson. Dooley forced to hire Sal. Butch forced to hire Scott and not given resources to hire more proven OC.
But now we want to hire Miles and tell him who his staff can be.
Why not just hire a proven coach, Brohm, Leach, Harsin, Petrino, even Miles and let them choose their staff. This HCIW arrangement rarely works and usually ends in disaster and factions within the team. If we do Miles and Tee, you will eventually have a split team and that is basicly what you have right now. IMO Miles is desperate to get back in to coaching and will agree to anything to get back on the sidelines.

We need to hire a coach and let him run the football program and stop letting ADs and boosters run the show. ADs and boosters got us into this mess in the first place.

Everyone thought Butch micromanaged too much, but now some want Fulmer to micromanage the staff. If we go with Miles and Tee, IMO it will not go well. Miles has a recent history of not working well with OCs.

Les approached UT with that scenario

Saw the sports page of the KNS yesterday. They are pathetic. I hope they go under and never come back.

Finally talked the wife into terminating the subscription a few months back even though she wanted the Sunday edition coupons. Even she is happy we did it now. Words cannot describe how much I had grown to hate that paper and in particular, the sports section. I occasionally follow newspaper outlets in other places around the country. With USA Today and McClatchy ownership I started seeing the same local or regional article cut and pasted with only the local or regional names/stats/etc. content changed. They are nothing but useless propaganda rags.

Les approached UT with that scenario

Maybe Les is crazy enough to think, in that scenario, that he could be successful playing second and/or third fiddle to Phil and Tee. You know the fans would start clamoring for Tee at the first sign of trouble.

Reactions: 1 person
Why don't you look beyond the easy numbers and research a little? Leach has brought not one but two programs to life.
He is a miracle worker..tgat is a fact.

Les was handed the keys to a Ferrari and managed to keep it between the lines long enough to outrun some people., but not win near as much as a Ferrari should win, and got beat by lesser cars too many times till they took his keys away.

Your analogy with Miles would be true if he had been there four or five years, but he was there 11 years. He did slip a little at the end, but he clearly took what he inherited and improved it, for a good while.

Your analogy with Miles would be true if he had been there four or five years, but he was there 11 years. He did slip a little at the end, but he clearly took what he inherited and improved it, for a good while.

Thank you for saving me from having to write the same thing.

Les is a great coach and the OC calls the plays so if you get someone like a Tee at OC I think the talk of the game passing him by is laughable.

Second the only reason he is not still at LSU is they had a run of top dual threat QB's who's passing abilities were less then stuller. I think they missed on 4 straight top rated QB's who were average at best.

Reactions: 3 people
Really afraid Phil sees so much of himself in Les, and gives him the second chance he believes he himself should have gotten

The Miles hate by many is ridiculous. Even worse is the gray hair hate unless the name is Saban. Phil's right about that.

A TeeLes pairing is a home run. Fulmer knows what to do with it. We get the orange blooded Vol leading the program after he is mentored for a time by a really good football coach that players admire and perform at their highest level for in Les. Folks - he has 7 double digit win seasons in 11 years at LSU and has only been out for a little over a year. His worst two seasons were 8-5 in the toughest division in CFB. Most of it without quality QB's and with predictable offenses. Which is what Tee can address Day One.

Barring finding the perfect HC hire - this combo can win and build into what we want.

Reactions: 8 people
Tnmark meets Baldy
marine-gif-8210738.gif

I'm open to it anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back