Recruiting Forum Football Talk L (50)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned Kiffin to auburn made sense.... never even thought of that but it make a ton of sense for both parties.

He wants to beat Bama and be in SEC again. Auburn doesn't care about baggage. Perfect QB for Kiffin and Briles considering Briles already coached him

Of course this will happen, because guess who is on our schedule next year? Auburn

That 247 article also mentions Fulmer would likely use connections to fill any staff with that TN feel. So sounds like he would be heavily involved in Asst coach hunt. They hinted that tee would also still be interested in Asst HC OC role

Y’all can complain all you want, but getting Les as HC for 3-5 years with Tee as OC/Asst HC would be huge, especially considering where we were a few short days ago! Add in Austin Thomas, and we will kill it recruiting! We would be able to save this current class, too.

Reactions: 7 people
This is why having Fulmer as the AD is so awesome. He’s going to be really hands on with every aspect of the football program in the way that a drone like John Currie couldn’t be. Les miles with tee as OC/assistant head coach and then a great DC like chief or Steele and let’s ride. I would like him better than leach

Not sure I care to have Chavis back. I could roll with Steele.

Reactions: 2 people
Y’all can complain all you want, but getting Les as HC for 3-5 years with Tee as OC/Asst HC would be huge, especially considering where we were a few short days ago! Add in Austin Thomas, and we will kill it recruiting! We would be able to save this current class, too.

I agree. I like this combo. And I don’t know why people think that by getting Les over Leach we will somehow be missing out on whacky press conferences?

Last edited:
Good morning my VN brethren! I feel like today is the day we finally get a football coach good, bad or indifferent. No matter what happens we still have each other. Go Vols!!!

Y’all remember when LWS was high on a chance with Petersen? Maybe Fulmer can get that going again

I remember a more recent time when LWS grew despondent and announced he was dialing back his involvement with UT football and would only check in on Saturday’s in the fall.

We were all optimistic a week ago, and then Schiano was announced...

It’s been one week since the darkest weekend in UT football history.

We aren’t back on our feet yet but have at least brought in the right kind of leader to show us a way out of the darkness.

Better days ahead. Out of the pit of misery.

Dilly dilly!

Reactions: 1 person
Good morning my VN brethren! I feel like today is the day we finally get a football coach good, bad or indifferent. No matter what happens we still have each other. Go Vols!!!

Hope not... just Les on the table now. No rush for him. Shoot higher, Phil

I really don’t think it’s the end of the world if we don sign a QB this year. We will have 3 returning for at least 2more years. We need so much help upfront on both sides I could stomach it.

What? This is your worst post ever! We have to sign at least 1 this class...2, if someone is transferring.

Reactions: 1 person
I am ready for this coaching search to be over.

Next report I want to hear is there is a hardnosed strength and conditioning coach righting the ship.

We were all optimistic a week ago, and then Schiano was announced...

I don't know what was more disappointing. The pictures of Butch at the airport, or when we found out last week that they were serious about Schiano.

Please Fulmer. Don't give us another Butch/Schiano moment. Hold your own beer on this one.

As for Scott Frost...

I just don't see what a lot of you guys on here see. I'd pick Tee 10/10 times over Frost.

I know there is probably not a snowballs chance in hell that Fulmer will even think about Kiffin... But I think that would be an absolute brilliant hire. It took me years to get over the Kiffin butt hurt, let's hope Phil can get over it too.

Lulz ...Frost can coach circles around Tee. Stop being such a homer.

I don't know what was more disappointing. The pictures of Butch at the airport, or when we found out last week that they were serious about Schiano.

Please Fulmer. Don't give us another Butch/Schiano moment. Hold your own beer on this one.

Steele is Fulmer’s Schiano. Avoid that and we should be good. I think we would get Tee before Steele personally and I’d be fine with that.

What pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back