Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Yet on RGIII? Are you serious? He's better than Flacco any day of the week. Cam Newton is better. Russell Wilson is better too. Andy Dalton is another Qb that's better to me. Flacco is garbage to me. He always looks clueless on the field.

Let RG3 prove it in the playoffs first. If I'm going into the playoffs THIS year, I'd take Flacco over RG3 if I had to pick between the two.

Flacco has only won as many games as he has because of his D. You put him on a team with an average or worse D and he won't be the starter very long. He is a game manager that got VERY lucky to fall into the situation he has. All the Ravens need is a game manager. They don't need a qb that can carry the team on his back to victories, that what their D does.

Baltimore's D IS average.

Bray has the physical tools to be a very good QB. His problem is attitude & knowledge of the game IMO.

He needs to be drafted into a situation just like Mallett did, to be able to sit behind a veteran QB & learn for a year or two then take over. If he is drafted into a situation where he gets thrown into the wolves den then I think he will have limited success.

That's what I am saying in my comparison of Jimmy Clausen. Usually teams that reach for a guy like Bray end up tossing them to the wolves. I was serious too when I said Bray needs a sports psychologist. No one is ever that aloof unless they are putting on a front. His beer bottle throwing and certain game collapses indicate he's much more mentally effected than he lets on. Also he never studied the game like the typical superstars do. Guys like Cam can somewhat get away with that on pure athleticism but when teams take a pocket passer they are looking for a smart QB who can read defenses and make the call. Bray's like Jake Delhome but without the winning demeanor.

Delhomme went undrafted and worked his way up through NFL Europe and was on a run first John Fox team. Bray would be lucky to have a similar career. He may play 8 meaningful games in his career as a backup if he gets tossed to the wolves like so many before him.

College career

Delhomme played college football for the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, then named the University of Southwestern Louisiana, his mother's alma mater.[1] The only true freshman quarterback to start for a Division I school in 1993, his passer efficiency rating ranked second among NCAA freshmen quarterbacks.[3] Playing on a team with future NFL wide receiver Brandon Stokley and offensive lineman Anthony Clement the Ragin' Cajuns won the Big West Conference twice, and finished with three winning seasons. During his senior year, he led the Ragin' Cajuns to an improbable win over highly favored Texas A&M 29–22.[4]
Delhomme finished his career as the school's all-time passing leader in yards and touchdowns.[3] He started the last 43 games of his career, which was the longest among active quarterbacks at the time. Upon graduating, he was ranked 22nd in NCAA history for passing yards and 28th in total offense.[3] He was inducted into the school's Athletic Hall of Fame in 2006.[5]
[edit]Professional career

[edit]New Orleans Saints and NFL Europe
Delhomme went undrafted in the 1997 NFL Draft, but was later signed by the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent.[3] After spending the first season on the practice squad, he was assigned to the Amsterdam Admirals of NFL Europe as a backup quarterback to future NFL and Super Bowl MVP, Kurt Warner.[3] After another stint on the Saints' practice squad, he was sent back to NFL Europe, this time as a member of the Frankfurt Galaxy. The Galaxy operated under a rare two-quarterback strategy, utilizing both Delhomme and Pat Barnes; the pair was known as the "Double-Headed Quarterback Monster".[6] The unorthodox strategy worked, as the Galaxy won World Bowl '99 over the Barcelona Dragons. Delhomme would later say about his time in Europe:

Alex Smith since last year compared to Joe Flacco.... isnt even close.

and I think if you put Vick on the ravens with Ray rice... that run game would be way more successful then whatever the hell offense they try to run now.

Smith is a scary game manager. Hate those type of QBs.

Vick shouldn't get a pass period for his play. He holds on to the ball instead of getting rid of the ball when he's supposed to. Can't stand Vick's play these days. He got a fat contract then he stopped playing good football.

Baltimore's passing O ranks 14th in the NFL.

Baltimores rushing O ranks 21st in the NFL.

Their offense isn't just him taking a snap and handing it to Ray Rice.

Smith is a scary game manager. Hate those type of QBs.

Vick shouldn't get a pass period for his play. He holds on to the ball instead of getting rid of the ball when he's supposed to. Can't stand Vick's play these days. He got a fat contract then he stopped playing good football.

exactly, Smith is a better game manager than Joe Flacco.

Rons whole arguement is Flacco getting to the playoffs...
If thats the case then Mark Sanchez is a great QB because he went to 2 AFC champ games his first two years.

Baltimore's passing O ranks 14th in the NFL.

Baltimores rushing O ranks 21st in the NFL.

Their offense isn't just him taking a snap and handing it to Ray Rice.

Ray rice had 0 touches on 3rd down last game and Cam Cameron was fired because of not getting Ray Rice (Baltimore's best weapon and maybe a top 5 RB) the ball.

They tried to give the show to Flacco and he is proving that he cant do it.

Ray rice had 0 touches on 3rd down last game and Cam Cameron was fired because of not getting Ray Rice (Baltimore's best weapon and maybe a top 5 RB) the ball.

They're 9-5 and have already clinched a playoff berth.

How does that translate into Flacco proving he "can't do it"?

There are maybe 5 qb's that absolutely make the team. There is a much larger group that simply need to play a supporting role. There is nothing wrong with the second group because guys in the 1st group are very very hard to find.

Peyton
Brady
Rothlesberger
Brees
? several toss ups

Last edited:
Thanks OCI for that information. I'll take him. By the way you know this is a thread about NFL QB's don't you?

They're 9-5 and have already clinched a playoff berth.

How does that translate into Flacco proving he "can't do it"?

Got TOTALLY out played by Vick, Batch, Manning, RGIII, and Schuab in losses.

Flacco has had a good game vs NE, Cinci, SD, and Oakland...

(If you can count Oakland.)

Look what he did vs Cleveland and the Chiefs..

If that is not proving that their offense needs a change IDK what is.

There are maybe 5 qb's that absolutely make the team. There is a much larger group that simply need to play a supporting role. There is nothing wrong with the second group because guys in the 1st group are very very hard to find.

Peyton
Brady
Rothlesberger
Brees
? several toss ups

Aaron Rogers wants to know wtf youre talking about...

and Eli Manning is someone who comes to play in playoffs

:lolabove:

If baseball is going to keep debating bray v. cam v. flacco, I wish he'd at least change his avi.

I leave all my potential AVI's to you...

lol Im just going against the norm since everyone has a hottie as theirs... figured I would be unique

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back