Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vols Jr WR Justin Hunter @justinhunter_11 just posted "declared" and he's entering the NFL Draft. Good luck to a good kid.

-per Wes Rucker via Twitter

Sorry but stats dont tell the story of Joe Flacco.

He has all kinds a tools around him yet he disappears in games. He is a very average NFL QB. probably below average.

Below average QB's don't win at least 1 playoff game in 4 straight years, especially their first 4 in the league.

Remind me who is awesome WR weapons have been?

I'm not even a Raven or Flacco fan but this is too easy :)

"Yes I definitely am," Bellamy said. "(Tennessee) wanted me from before I committed. I'm going to take my officials and Florida State knows that. I'm just trying to figure out where I'm going to visit and see who still wants me."

He has two of those visits set up right now with trips to Missouri and Virginia Tech coming up in January. He'll visit Florida State on January 11th. Tennessee has made a push to get Bellamy on campus and he's listening pretty hard.

"They are showing me a lot of love since coach Jones and his staff came in," Bellamy said. "I got a good relationship with coach Thigpen from when he was at Auburn. I think they really want me and that's why I've heard a lot from them lately."

He first heard from Tennessee last weekend when running backs coach Jay Graham called. That was followed by a call from assistant Tommy Thigpen, and Defensive Coordinator John Jancek. He's always had a relationship with Thigpen.

"Coach Thigpen as a recruiter is someone who has the same qualities that coach (Dameyune) Craig has," Bellamy said. "He's not going to sugarcoat it. He is going to tell you real things. That's what sets him a part from other recruiters."

VQ

On Jay Bellamy DE (Committed to FSU)

Reactions: 1 person
Below average QB's don't win at least 1 playoff game in 4 straight years, especially their first 4 in the league.

Skill players: Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin.

Better than most other supporting casts.

Mason, Bolden, Smith... and Ray Rice.. and a great O line... and a great Defense and ST.

If you switched Flacco with: Romo, Rivers, Schaub, Freeman, Luck, Ryan, and prolly RGIII

The Ravens would be better.

People love Barkley for what reason I don't know. He's going to be Sanchez 2.0

For all the flack our fans give Bray he's going to do fine as long as he's with the right team. Kid has the best NFL arm in this class. He's a better prospect than Flacco(garbage) to me. Bray just needs the right situation and he'll be fine.

I agree he has the best arm in the class - but this isnt a great QB class

if he gets with the right team he could do just fine - its more about how committed he wants to be to becoming a NFL QB - there is nothing from a physical standpoint that will keep him from being an NFL starter

college wins and losses really have nothing to do with future NFL success

Physical skills get you IN the NFL.
Work ethic and dedication KEEP you in the NFL.

Bray will be given a chance because he is good. But how good he becomes will be totally up to him.

And he's better than most other QB's.

Obvious: PManning, Rogers, Breese, EManning

(I would take over Flacco)
Romo, Rivers, Schaub, Ryan, Luck, RGIII, Vick, Freeman, (The new Alex Smith), Kappernick, WIlson

(Obvious Flacco is better)
Sanchez (even tho youre main arguement is playoffs... sanchez went to 2 AFC champ games.) Ponder, Castle, Weedan, Locker,

That puts him below middle of the pack IMO

Romo, Rivers, Schaub, Ryan, Luck, RGIII, Vick, Freeman, (The new Alex Smith), Kappernick, WIlson

Sanchez (even tho youre main arguement is playoffs... sanchez went to 2 AFC champ games.) Ponder, Castle, Weedan, Locker,

meh. ok. I don't really care enough to have this argument anymore. Agree to disagree :salute:

I think a lot of people don't give Flacco the credit he deserves because they still think Baltimore has a Top 5 defense. Their defense has been on the decline the past couple years. The efficiency of their offense has played a HUGE role in their sustained success, and that starts with Flacco.

Flacco has only won as many games as he has because of his D. You put him on a team with an average or worse D and he won't be the starter very long. He is a game manager that got VERY lucky to fall into the situation he has. All the Ravens need is a game manager. They don't need a qb that can carry the team on his back to victories, that what their D does.

Alex Smith and Vick aren't good Qbs to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back