Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Draft aside Bray will pan out similar to Jimmy Clausen. He'll probablly be thrown to the wolves early flame out and get passed over by Johnny Football 2 years later.

Jimmy was thought to be pretty good despite poor w-l record. He had good stats his final year. He went on to have one of the more forgettable debut's to a number 7 pick.

Last edited:
I like my women like my coffee...

Hot, Black, and on the kitchen table :devilsmoke:

Might consider tall, skinny latte's.

gmtbk2385-4.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
I think Draft aside Bray will pan out similar to Jimmy Clausen. He'll probablly be thrown to the wolves early flame out and get passed over by Johnny Football 2 years later.

Jimmy was thought to be pretty good despite poor w-l record. He had good stats his final year. He went on to have one of the more forgettable debut's to a number 7 pick.

I actually heard a scout on the radio compare Bray to Clausen. Jimmy could be an all pro but his attitude and work ethic is what has him on the bench. That is exactly what will happen to Bray and sadly I think Bray will be ok with that. IMO

Bray will have marginal success kind of like Flacco.

Bray throwing off of Play-Action is an extremely effective QB. Just giving him a running game and a good play-caller would do him wonders. Also a coach that is a real coach would really help him out.

Looking back at it, I really don't know how Dooley and Bray ever effectively communicated. Polar opposite personalities.

I honestly see Bray going in the 2nd or 3rd round to a team that needs a qb (Cardinals, Chiefs, Raiders, etc.)

I think Geno will go to the Cardinals, Barkley to the Chiefs, Jaguars may take a chance on Landry, and Bray ends up with the Raiders or San Diego.... Rivers isn't playing good at all.

If Bray went to the Chargers, they would have to be like the Colts and set aside 3 picks or so of weapons to help him out.

Bray has the physical tools to be a very good QB. His problem is attitude & knowledge of the game IMO.

He needs to be drafted into a situation just like Mallett did, to be able to sit behind a veteran QB & learn for a year or two then take over. If he is drafted into a situation where he gets thrown into the wolves den then I think he will have limited success.

Bray has the physical tools to be a very good QB. His problem is attitude & knowledge of the game IMO.

He needs to be drafted into a situation just like Mallett did, to be able to sit behind a veteran QB & learn for a year or two then take over. If he is drafted into a situation where he gets thrown into the wolves den then I think he will have limited success.

Attitude and Knowledge is the most important thing in the NFL. Everyone on the field has skills.

Exactly.

To be honest, I'm not really impressed with any of the quarterbacks in this class.

Nostradamus is on the board.

You really think he is good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL?

He cant read defenses. His accuracy is questionable. He isnt mobile AT ALL. He has a thin frame and has had his injury problems.

He has a strong arm.. what else do you like about him compared to any of the other QBs he will be competing against

You really think he is good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL?

He cant read defenses. His accuracy is questionable. He isnt mobile AT ALL. He has a thin frame and has had his injury problems.

He has a strong arm.. what else do you like about him compared to any of the other QBs he will be competing against

I've made the comparison before & a lot of people didn't agree with me, I'm sticking by it though, Bray reminds me of Ryan Mallett in every way: size, arm, & attitude.

Yes. Same with every other NFL qb who plays margainally. Comparatively speaking of course. You think he's awesome?

Compared to regular people? He's awesome. Just like every professional athlete.

Compared to other NFL QB's? He's better than most.

NFL records
First rookie quarterback to start all sixteen games and make the playoffs (shared with Matt Ryan)
First rookie quarterback to win two playoff games[18]
Most starts by a quarterback in first season: 19
Most starts by a quarterback in first two seasons: 37
Most starts by a quarterback in first three seasons: 55
Most starts by a quarterback in first four seasons: 73
Most wins by a quarterback in first 60 consecutive starts: 40
Most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)[19]
First quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first four seasons [20]
Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first four seasons: 44 [20]

Compared to regular people? He's awesome. Just like every professional athlete.

Compared to other NFL QB's? He's better than most.

Sorry but stats dont tell the story of Joe Flacco.

He has all kinds a tools around him yet he disappears in games. He is a very average NFL QB. probably below average.

I've made the comparison before & a lot of people didn't agree with me, I'm sticking by it though, Bray reminds me of Ryan Mallett in every way: size, arm, & attitude.

Ryan Mallet is more accurate in the short passing game, which is key in NFL.

But they do have a lot of similarities

People love Barkley for what reason I don't know. He's going to be Sanchez 2.0

For all the flack our fans give Bray he's going to do fine as long as he's with the right team. Kid has the best NFL arm in this class. He's a better prospect than Flacco(garbage) to me. Bray just needs the right situation and he'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 person
People love Barkley for what reason I don't know. He's going to be Sanchez 2.0

For all the flack our fans give Bray he's going to do fine as long as he's with the right team. Kid has the best NFL arm in this class. He's a better prospect than Flacco(garbage) to me. Bray just needs the right situation and he'll be fine.

I'm with you on Barkley, His stats over inflated with screen passes and YAC by Lee and Woods.

But thats all the Bray has. A big arm. He accuracy is above average, and he panics under pressure. He could not read defenses (why he had no freedom of audibles during games)

Bray would be a total project for a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back