Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last statement, Why do you think that Kiffin leaving and coming back here after one year suggests he would be here for the long haul? The rest is reasonably acceptable but that last one is exactly opposite of true. If he leaves ole miss after one year he will do it to us if he gets a better offer. That is not “the long haul”.
The last one is more of a belief on my part than anything. He'd be "coming home" (kind of like he did to USC). The expectation is that this time around he wouldn't do poorly enough to get himself tarmac-fired. You're right that he's generally flighty, but also I think he's looking for a place to land and build his legacy.

Kiffin really does seem like the perfect candidate for our head coaching vacancy.
  • He has proven himself to be capable of program building since he left Alabama.
  • HE WANTS TO BE HERE.
  • He left us in the lurch, and we spiraled after. Some of this is his doing. He can come make it right.
  • It wouldn't/shouldn't matter to him that we will likely have some size of NCAA hammer dropped down on us, even if it's a bowl ban and/or scholarship reduction.
  • His son's middle name is Knox.
  • He brought Chaney here, and would likely continue a relationship with him (preventing further staff turnover).
  • VFLs like Jay Graham, Tee Martin, Kevin Steele, Kevin Simon, etc, will stay and coach for Lane.
  • He coached with Steele at Bama for 2 years (2014/2016).
  • He brought Tee Martin to USC, where they coached together for 2 years (2012/2013).
  • He is a proven recruiter and is RELEVANT, which would be great.
  • He had a successful 2020 at Ole Miss.
  • This time around, he'd be here for the long haul.
Sorry nope makes too much sense. Kevin Steele it is!

Who knew we’d become Lenoir-Rhyne West?

Really happy to see Napier at the top of that list because he seems to have become the forgotten man around here. Still can’t believe we can’t money whip a guy making under $1 million to come to Knoxville.
Stop. Promoting. Mid majors. And. Coordinators. We. Tried that. 3. Times.

Nope you are wrong

Here you go

Atlanta VOL said:
Fulmer SUCKS and is a cancer for this program. He for sure doesn’t want the NCAA sniffing around him...we will see how bad some donors want him gone as well...they certainly have and know the dirt if needed to make a change.

Atlanta VOL said:
What he has been involved with wouldn’t hurt the program from a penalty perspective...I am not trying to sink the ship. Just get a new crew.

the best we can hope for is his second post here is right. With the reports of dozens of level 1 fractions yesterday i fear he was wrong
@Freak can we finally get rid of this clown? He’s openly bashing a guy that bring us great info. While all @BruinVol brings is negativity and arguments.

This is the reason I think Hugh Freeze makes sense right now. If we’re going to get sanctioned, why not do it with a winning coach. Both institution and coach rehab their reputations together. Tennessee is going to be under the microscope anyway.

The Chancellor just beat the drum about ethics, integrity and doing things "The Right Way." And the President echoed her, with less gusto. You don't go from that to Hugh Freeze without flaunting the hypocrisy.

I have a conspiracy theory on how the NCAA punishment on UT vs Pruitt may play out.

We think the NCAA will go easy on us since we fell on our own sword. When's the last time the NCAA did what you thought they would do?

We also know how close Sabin and NCAA chair Mark Emmert are... and Pruitt is Sabin's boy and Sabin wants Pruitt to be his DC again ASAP.

From listening to Plowman's PC, It doesn't sound like the investigation found direct evidence of Pruitt's knowledge of the violations. (we know he knew). Mark Emmert could spin the "no evidence" to no "show cause" for Pruitt while at the same time slam TN with more penalties similar to what USC received (30+ schollys lost over a few years and multiple years of no bowl).

It wouldn't surprise me if this is how it plays out. Sabin gets what he wants especially when the NCAA gets involved.

How did you misspell Saban multiple times?

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Well, there is a late signing day which I guess includes transfers where I would assume Steele/new coach would want to make some moves. But I see no reason to be cavalier about the 2022 class.

And yes, nobody is going anywhere, but with CCU and Ole Miss possibly having top 25 seasons, they’ll get more expensive and we’ll have more competition. The AD well hire will have a experience - they likely already know who they think is the right guy, or at least have it down to a couple. And Hugh Freeze won’t coach here - they made that clear yesterday without actually saying it.
Hubbs has said he doesn't seem to think they'll add any additional players either through transfer or signing. I think they'll be opportunities for transfers after the spring semester though.

It's going to be expensive to hire no matter when you do it. When you find yourself in this type of situation it cost a lot of money to get out of it. You have to overspend.

Reactions: TennacJed
Hubbs has said he doesn't seem to think they'll add any additional players either through transfer or signing. I think they'll be opportunities for transfers after the spring semester though.

It's going to be expensive to hire no matter when you do it. When you find yourself in this type of situation it cost a lot of money to get out of it. You have to overspend.
Might be able to lessen the one sided aspect of the contract with kiffin based on his own past shenanegins

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Easy to defend. SEC d lines are too big and strong for the splits he uses. Sec linebackers are too fast to give up the edge consistently enough. He doesn't throw deep at all which let's safties come down and keep hard on the run. After a year they'd know how to defend it and spend the week goofing off because they wouldn't have to gameplan for TN.
You know I have heard this about every new style of offense that enters the league..... you’ll never be able to pass the ball like that in the sec until it happens.... you’ll never be able to run the spread in the sec until it happens.... his offense runs off misdirection and having several different options out of the same formation....it is created to make those fast, big players think and play slower than what they are...... I don’t know what you are talking about in regards to throwing deep bc he definitely throws deep.... His offense might overwhelm teams if it is playing with SEC type talent.... it would be nice to be the innovative ones for once.

Were gonna hire a new coach. Steele won’t be interim all year.
You're probably right but I would bet we'll be firing up the coaching search in 3-4 years if so. I think that's part of the problem, they look at all these hires as bridge hires. Problem is they never get the bridge built. Need to spend what it takes to hire the right guy and quite building dam bridges.

You sure? Ha....

They are so brainwashed. Id say they gave Fulmer the option out of respect. Either way, he was being shown the door. I wouldn't have given him the benefit of the doubt. He spent all of his time with the football team, but didn't know anything? Haha

Bottom line is that he was in charge of overseeing athletics, mainly football, and the end result is 10 staffers including your head coach were fired for a countless number of severe violations. He was collecting a check and had no business in that position. I would have fired him and Pruitt in the same meeting and not let him make a fool of himself in the press conference.

The Chancellor just beat the drum about ethics, integrity and doing things "The Right Way." And the President echoed her, with less gusto. You don't go from that to Hugh Freeze without flaunting the hypocrisy.

If they’re worried about “integrity” then that means winning isn’t their #1 priority.

All great coaches cheat to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back