Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk about y’all!...but I want our next coach to have this kind of energy

Lane Kiffin Ole Miss GIF - LaneKiffin OleMiss - Discover & Share GIFs

Me too. Neyland would be absolutely rocking with this type of energy.

I think Lane learned his lesson about bringing too much USC stuff around here. He's been wearing Dk Metcalf and AJ Brown jerseys on gamedays this year. Seems like he's embracing their traditions just fine.

I could see him busting out the Kamara jersey immediately.

giphy.gif
Gif is on point.

Thanks for the info.

Not saying that Gilbert will fail, he's a quality AD with many years of experience. However, that type of analysis scares me again. "Doing things right" does not imply going with a choice of somebody you trust or are aligned with. Doing things right implies actually learning and knowing your subject matter and making the decision independently of outside input. What Barnes or PM thinks should just be small considerations in the process. You never pick an AD because somebody of influence likes them better. That's how we have ended up in this mess for two decades.

The buck has to stop on the desks of Donde/Randy. They need to think university first, athletic department second, and not about who likes who the best. The influence, if there is any, is what sport generates the lion's share of the revenues that support all of the non-revenue sports on campus? Football. You have to make sure the AD choice understands that and can accomplish everything needed to make sure it thrives while also helping the other sports achieve their best. Maybe Gilbert can do that, but I do not see evidence of it at East Carolina, where I do at UAB with Ingram.

I would hope they would also do serious due diligence outside of those two and not rush the hire just to get a football coach. It's a critical hire that needs t one vetted and analyzed correctly. We see what doing it rushed and poorly did to UT with several in the past including Phil.
Based on what I've read about Ingram, it makes too much sense not to hire him. Of course you should still do all your due diligence, but Ingram checks every box except P5 AD experience.

Whoever can adeptly navigate all the politics, personalities and power plays-- the 3 Ps of Tennessee football. That's a big part of the job, and while the people change, that does not.
It’s been reported Kiffin keeps in touch with some in Knoxville. Does that give him an inherent advantage or disadvantage there (ie he already knows the land mines vs. he already belongs to a camp)?

Let’s go!!!!! I want Chadwell!

I want him too. It’s so Tennessee luck that the AP coach of the year is from TN, would crawl over broken glass for the job, has an innovative offense, and has the regional recruiting network to hit the ground running, but carries such a “flash in the pan” risk.

That being said, if we don’t at least interview him...

Gilbert is more of a Barnes guy while Ingram is more of a Peyton guy. Right now, Barnes has the image and stability Plowman would like to emulate and he's vouching for Gilbert.

Who knew we’d become Lenoir-Rhyne West?

Really happy to see Napier at the top of that list because he seems to have become the forgotten man around here. Still can’t believe we can’t money whip a guy making under $1 million to come to Knoxville.

Baylor fired Briles and turned the program upside down
Ole Miss fired Freeze and turned the program upside down
Penn State fired everyone and turned their program upside down

Tennessee was way out ahead of this thing and fired everyone involved
All three tried fighting to keep the main guys..... they lied and tried to cover up until they had no other choice.....

Ole miss was keeping hugh freeze even after all the recruiting violations.... they forced his hand when busted for calling hookers on the company phone

Baylor tried very hard to cover for Art Briles and only fired him when it went mainstream and the university couldn’t handle the embarrassment.

Penn state wanted to keep papa joe but they had to move on due to utter disgusting acts and embarrassment that was causes...

None of the three self reported level 1 recruiting violations.

All three tried fighting to keep the main guys..... they lied and tried to cover up until they had no other choice.....

Ole miss was keeping hugh freeze even after all the recruiting violations.... they forced his hand when busted for calling hookers on the company phone

Baylor tried very hard to cover for Art Briles and only fired him when it went mainstream and the university couldn’t handle the embarrassment.

Penn state wanted to keep papa joe but they had to move on due to utter disgusting acts and embarrassment that was causes...

None of the three self reported level 1 recruiting violations.
Which is my point, they all came out OK. UT did the right thing, you get hammered when you lie to the NCAA. Ole Miss had 15 level 1 violations. This isn't dooms day for Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back