Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bethany Gunn and Pruitt did nothing new that isn’t being done at Auburn, Alabama, Georgia etc.

Difference is Tennessee self reports, and burns the house down.

Which is why we’ll never contend in the SEC again.

And self reported directly to the chancellor.
what a damn joke this place is

I get your point, and it's fair. But Kiffin knows how to energize the younger portions of this fan base that have grown up watching Vol football celebrate beating a meh UGA team on a hail marry as its greatest achievement.

We need that energy a guy like him brings, desperately. The fans, the players, and recruits.

he knows how to do that I agree

You think it’s funny?
I can guarantee that Trevor Lawrence coming here with any coach he wanted to play for would be a big step up vs. the last 3 coaches hired by our lame admin.
If we made coaching hires/fires based off players and recruits Pruitt would still be here. Malzahn would still be at auburn, Muschamp would be at Florida. Trevor chose dabo lmk how Tennessee coulda got him

Agree, there’s reasons to want more qualified candidates, and I hope we can hit a home run. But his head coaching “track record” from 20 years ago isn’t his career.

Clearly a lot of people at auburn liked him, and he has some people in his corner here. I’d venture to guess he’d do better than our last 4 hires.
More than likely depending on his assistants.

They've known where this was headed for at least two months. Its absolute incompetence that they've evidently just started this process. Its unbelievable that bad at their jobs they appear to be.

I think fulmer stepping aside caught Plowman off guard. Im betting that started things
Over

This...this self inflicted nightmare is "good leadership"? You have lost your damn mind..we are looking regular 3-4 win seasons dead in the face for the foreseeable future..🤨

No way. Next year was gonna have a 7 win ceiling anyways. This is what really needed to be done after kiffin honestly. Just shut down for a year and rebuild. We would be way further along than we are now. Dooley, butch, fulmer/Pruitt were all just bandaids. The good thing from Pruitt era is that Fulmer did spend the money to build our current football operations structure which puts us on par with the elites. Football coach has every resource and tool needed to succeed without a doubt.

More importantly...Now we have a total unified commitment at the top in terms of admin and power money. Meaning it’s far more likely they actually hire a qualified candidate and leave him alone in the AD and Football roles. Less opinions = less meddling. Hire good people and let them do their jobs. Browns finally learned this with stefanski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back