Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
it'll be Cincy's dc

You could be right. He was fired/resigned from UGA and I'll add what works in the big east may not work vs. Bama, UGA, SC and UF.

I don't know much about him, but a proven DC who happens to be an A+ recruiter in this league is worth some investigation.

Not arguing, just my 2 cents.

Well maybe make room for someone else. I like how other recruits will come to UT because it's more about the whole university versus one coach. When these recruits want to play NFL football, coaches come and go. Need to get use to that fact.

Butch does not carry the "name power" to suddenly bring in stud O-linemen, should we lose what we have... IMO. Not to say that he isn't going to recruit well, but a bird in hand is better than two in the bush.

Could we maybe get Morris? Yeah, but we may do that anyway, with Pittman. Maybe Dooley was the issue there.

I agree with most of this. However, I believe it is better for all parties involved that CBJ is comfortable and confident in his staff. If Pittman isn't his guy, then we should give him the benefit of the doubt

This reminds me of the Dooley/Lance Thompson relationship. I know they worked together back at LSU. However, Dooley held on to him IMHO to hold the class together when he was coming into less than ideal circumstances. Lance still coached under him, but during the DC search I guess that was it. I don't want CBJ to keep Pittman because he "has to." I want him to keep Pittman because he sees this as beneficial to the program for as long as he thinks he will be here (which is 6 years).

Reactions: 1 person
I think we have a chance of keeping James if Pittman stays.

But just for the sake of discussion, who is our RT next year if he leaves? Kerbyson? Posey?

I agree with most of this. However, I believe it is better for all parties involved that CBJ is comfortable and confident in his staff. If Pittman isn't his guy, then we should give him the benefit of the doubt

This.

CBJ needs as many people around him as he can to be rowing in the same direction without sacrificing expertise.

Let's just get this out there

Bray
Hunter
CP
James
Sentimore

All are gone. They are not coming back.

Let us see what James and Sentimore grade out at...before we make this assertion.

Last edited:
OL is such a HUGE need this class. We can't miss out on big talent. We should have a good OL next year. But we could lose every single starter next year ( if James even stays this coming year)

Seems risky to cut Pittman

James is gone regardless of Pittman, he was leaving.

Sentimore is a grade casualty unless Cheek changes his transcripts and his major to "Sociology"

Sentimore due to grades is what I figured (if not issue though, he is NOT leaving). Not sold on James leaving. IMO

I may get blasted for this, but...

I know the o-line players liked Pittman, and we all marveled at the improvement of their play compared to 2011, but could it simply have been this:

2011 mainly underclassmen on the line,
2012 junior hosses who could actually shove people around in the SEC?

I'm not an X's an O's guru, but many on this board predicted vast improvement from out o-line simply due to their increased age and strength. But for Dallas Thomas, we return that same O-line.

Couldn't any competent coach expect to get decent results out of what will be an upperclassmen-heavy MAssive offensive line?

Not blasting but no. First mistake of Jones' Vol tenure in my opinion. If he is going to assemble the best staff in America then think he will regret letting Pittman go.
It is a part of the business - coaches have their own guys - but his guy better be unbelievable. Hope Davis gets FIU & takes Pittman with him - at least that way no
SEC teams on our schedule can become possible destinations for him hopefully. Hope Bielema has a guy. :)

I am not impressed with this list of coaches. I was excited by the hire, but if these are the coaches he is bringing in I am already losing faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back