Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the many things that killed Dooley was staff turnover. The plus-side of a guy like CBJ is that he has a solid core of assistants in tact that he has already taken with him to CMU and UC. Stability shouldn't ever be a big problem assistant-wise, and that can turn out in our favor in the future.

Reactions: 4 people
Pittman has been great, and he really has won over our current OL.

If CBJ feels he has someone better, then so be it...

No, he clearly stated the following:

"Both sources confirmed that receivers coach and recruiting Darin Hinshaw was the only other Dooley-Era assistant who would have a chance to stay at UT under Jones, but that Graham was the only sure bet."

meh...not a 247 member.

His tweet was misleading then...

A handy little template to use, if you happen to find yourself in the unfortunate position of being a "Gruden Insider".

"Well, I'm back to 1._____. Now, I can't fully divulge everything because of 2._______ but I will say this, 3.________. You see, Gruden was completely committed and in the bag until 4.________. And don't believe this crap that his agent put out, that was 5.______. Well, anyway, I can say for sure now 6._______ and 7.__________

1. a. take my lumps
b. eat some crow
c. set the record straight

2. a. legal ramifications
b. my super duper important and powerful job
c. big brother is watching

3. a. I stand 100% behind everything that I said
b. anyone who doesn't believe me can go to h***
c. I have no idea what happened

4. a. The press conference
b. Dooley missed a bowl game and screwed the timing up
c. the Times Free Press article.

5. a. all part of the plan
b. a cover-up to distract from the real deal going on
c. an inside joke with Peyton Manning

6. a. Cheek will be fired
b. Hart will be fired
c. The fanbase will be even more divided
d. Gruden really wanted to be here.

7. a. I will never trust super duper powerful boosters again
b. The truth will come out one day
c. The truth will never come out.

.... Now you to can make a last ditch effort to save your e-cred. :hi:

Well done, sir. Well done.:lolabove:

Pittman has been great, and he really has won over our current OL.

If CBJ feels he has someone better, then so be it...

Loyalty can be a fault if you let go someone who is better for the program just to keep your guy. I really can't imagine there are many better than Pittman for UT right now. JMO

Loyalty can be a fault if you let go someone who is better for the program just to keep your guy. I really can't imagine there are many better than Pittman for UT right now. JMO

different scheme may be the reason for change. not sure who that would mean, but the players seemed to love Pittman.

One of the many things that killed Dooley was staff turnover. The plus-side of a guy like CBJ is that he has a solid core of assistants in tact that he has already taken with him to CMU and UC. Stability shouldn't ever be a big problem assistant-wise, and that can turn out in our favor in the future.

I agree, that's a plus. I really think he needs to make sure that he's got the right DC. Take his time with that, which may affect the D side a bit.

That is going to be most critical, must make the right decision, I hope he looks at Steele.

Jones' offense is based on a zone running game. Last year we did not use much zone running at all.

Yeah, a lot like the old Broncos and current Texans under Kubiak. It works if you are disciplined. Don't need big boys for this though... Need more athletic OL.

Jones has at least a $3M budget for assistants, so he's going to have to pay somebody. I think the staff will look something like this:

OC/QB - Bajakian
RB - Graham
WR/RC - Weist
TE -
OL - Mahoney
DC/LB - Jancek
DL - Stripling
CB -
S/ST - Elder

That looks pretty realistic to me. Maybe they bring in Tee to coach the tight ends?

That would be 6 coaches from the UC staff. I know Jones knows these guys, but is this really "the best staff in America" as he said today?

I agree, that's a plus. I really think he needs to make sure that he's got the right DC. Take his time with that, which may affect the D side a bit.

That is going to be most critical, must make the right decision, I hope he looks at Steele.

it'll be Cincy's dc

Yeah, a lot like the old Broncos and current Texans under Kubiak. It works if you are disciplined. Don't need big boys for this though... Need more athletic OL.

He said his scheme is whatever fits his players best.

I agree with most of this. However, I believe it is better for all parties involved that CBJ is comfortable and confident in his staff. If Pittman isn't his guy, then we should give him the benefit of the doubt

That looks pretty realistic to me. Maybe they bring in Tee to coach the tight ends?

That would be 6 coaches from the UC staff. I know Jones knows these guys, but is this really "the best staff in America" as he said today?

Not the best, in my opinion. However, I guess the "best staff in America" is an argument subject to opinion only.

Reactions: 1 person
If Pittman is not retained, you run a risk of losing Koheler and Skipper.... possibly Goeas by association with Koheler.

That's what I was wondering too.

If Pittman is not retained, you run a risk of losing Koheler and Skipper.... possibly Goeas by association with Koheler.

Well maybe make room for someone else. I like how other recruits will come to UT because it's more about the whole university versus one coach. When these recruits want to play NFL football, coaches come and go. Need to get use to that fact.

I may get blasted for this, but...

I know the o-line players liked Pittman, and we all marveled at the improvement of their play compared to 2011, but could it simply have been this:

2011 mainly underclassmen on the line,
2012 junior hosses who could actually shove people around in the SEC?

I'm not an X's an O's guru, but many on this board predicted vast improvement from out o-line simply due to their increased age and strength. But for Dallas Thomas, we return that same O-line.

Couldn't any competent coach expect to get decent results out of what will be an upperclassmen-heavy MAssive offensive line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back