Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not impressed with this list of coaches. I was excited by the hire, but if these are the coaches he is bringing in I am already losing faith.

For 3 million minimum, absolutely. This was one of my biggest gripes with the hire, he doesn't have the coaching connections for proven assistants that some of the other names had, specifically the other Butch. I like the hire though, just going to be a gamble, a bit, on this front.

Losing faith after less than 12 hours...

Let the man assemble his staff.

He's just saying, for a "minimum 3 million", this staff isn't impressive, and I agree. But we haven't seen his staff yet, and this is purely speculation... we could be very impressed in the end.

For 3 million minimum, absolutely. This was one of my biggest gripes with the hire, he doesn't have the coaching connections for proven assistants that some of the other names had, specifically the other Butch. I like the hire though, just going to be a gamble, a bit, on this front.

He has coached with Rich Rod, Brian Kelly, and Mike DeBord. I am sure he knows a few people in the coaching profession.

He did say it himself, "the coaching profession is a fairly close knit group".

I have always believed in that philosophy that if you are successful at a good program with coaches, a great program should be no different. If Butch feels his staff can do it here, then let him do it. I'm impressed by the defensive stats they put up at Cincy, and to be honest if those were replicated here at UT this year, we wouldn't be talking about Butch.

Losing faith after less than 12 hours...

Let the man assemble his staff.

I will, I am basing this statement on the rumored staff. I will wait and see what the staff looks like, but if this projected staff turns out to be correct, do you find it to be the best staff in college?

Reactions: 1 person
He's just saying, for a "minimum 3 million", this staff isn't impressive, and I agree. But we haven't seen his staff yet, and this is purely speculation... we could be very impressed in the end.

Your post contradicts itself.

As of now his staff consists of himself and CJG. So how can you say this staff isn't impressive.

Then you say he doesn't have a staff yet...

He will bring in the people he feels that will give him the best opportunity to succeed. Give the man some time

Thank you, this is exactly what I am saying. And I am basing it off the speculated staff. I hope it is better than this projection for the money we are throwing around.

He has coached with Rich Rod, Brian Kelly, and Mike DeBord. I am sure he knows a few people in the coaching profession.

He did say it himself, "the coaching profession is a fairly close knit group".

Well, I understand, but he hasn't been involved with those 2 names since 05... starting to do a little research on his staff now, though. Just speculation, but if those are the names as OCI stated, not impressed for a "minimum 3 million".

I will, I am basing this statement on the rumored staff. I will wait and see what the staff looks like, but if this projected staff turns out to be correct, do you find it to be the best staff in college?

Do you know anything about the coaches he could be bringing over with him from Cincy? If not, you probably are not qualified to judge them at this point.

The fact is, hardly any of us know of any assistant coaches in college football except for former TN players, "the rock star" names, or former head coaches. This is what we want to see:

QB: David Cutcliffe
OC: Peyton Manning
DC: Insert Rock star of choice
WR: Tee Martin
RB: Jay Graham
DL: Insert Rock star of choice
LB: Randy Shannon
Sec: Deion Sanders
ST: Rich Biassacia

Not gonna happen.

I have always believed in that philosophy that if you are successful at a good program with coaches, a great program should be no different. If Butch feels his staff can do it here, then let him do it. I'm impressed by the defensive stats they put up at Cincy, and to be honest if those were replicated here at UT this year, we wouldn't be talking about Butch.

This is true. Dooley would never be able to pull the guys he has while at L Tech, but he did while coaching here (I actually thought he did a great job at recruiting with our RECENT history). CBJ, let us see what he can do! :peace2:

but nobody knows **** about the speculated staff. there can be recruiting worries, whatever, but if they can coach bring them on. some (myself included) were so excited to get the star position coach from Alabama and he was the worst DC in the entire galaxy. the DC he will bring has done it before, has SEC experience, etc.

The OC is his guy. With his scheme. I don't know enough to comment on the creativity of his play calling or anything, but we'll see.

Your post contradicts itself.

As of now his staff consists of himself and CJG. So how can you say this staff isn't impressive.

Then you say he doesn't have a staff yet...

He will bring in the people he feels that will give him the best opportunity to succeed. Give the man some time

I said my concerns are based on a "rumored" staff. So my feelings are subject to change based on what actually transpires.

I have not seen enough to truly speculate. I think claiming a staff is the best in college is a very subjective claim.

If CBJ brings in the best "teachers" as he said in his press conference that can also recruit, and CBJ achieves success with them, then who are we to judge?

This is true. Dooley would never be able to pull the guys he has while at L Tech, but he did while coaching here (I actually thought he did a great job at recruiting with our RECENT history). CBJ, let us see what he can do! :peace2:

Which is exactly why I am excited about Butch. If Dooley can get top 15 classes, Butch should match that and do better, since he has a better track record, is a "players" coach, and this is his dream job. Going to pay off here guys.

Jones has at least a $3M budget for assistants, so he's going to have to pay somebody. I think the staff will look something like this:

OC/QB - Bajakian
RB - Graham
WR - Tee
TE/RC- Weist

OL - Mahoney
DC/LB - Jancek
DL - Stripling
CB -
S/ST - Elder

Wonder if Weist could/would take TE and bring Tee in for WR?

Do you know anything about the coaches he could be bringing over with him from Cincy? If not, you probably are not qualified to judge them at this point.

I only know what I have read from their Bio's. I am sorry I am not impressed. I may not be qualified, but I can not help how I feel when looking at that staff. So no I am not qualified, none the less I still have an opinion based on Bio's because that all I have to work with.

Urban Meyer brought the majority of his Utah staff with him to UF...that turned out okay

it's almost like guys that can teach can still do it when they have better resources and play in bigger games. interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back