Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen enough to truly speculate. I think claiming a staff is the best in college is a very subjective claim.

If CBJ brings in the best "teachers" as he said in his press conference that can also recruit, and CBJ achieves success with them, then who are we to judge?

Anyone have the numbers Cincinatti is paying for the staff there? I'm just curious as to what they are making now... then what they would make at UT. I just find it hard to believe that staff would cost $3m+.

I only know what I have read from their Bio's. I am sorry I am not impressed. I may not be qualified, but I can not help how I feel when looking at that staff. So no I am not qualified, none the less I still have an opinion based on Bio's because that all I have to work with.

not saying it is a staff of world beaters and star coaches, but... every coach has to start somewhere. every single one.

we had a staff of 'all stars', i think, in 2009. that went well.

it's almost like guys that can teach can still do it when they have better resources and play in bigger games. interesting.

ahh, you have the point now. You find good coaches and give them everything they need and they really succeed.

Let me clarify, my concerns are more rooted in the recruiting side. I am concerned with this staffs ability to recruit. Urban's Staff was recruiting from Florida, so it was not a concern for them. My feeling are not in stone, I can certainly be swayed if they impress on the recruiting trail. I just am not wowed at the moment.

Anyone have the numbers Cincinatti is paying for the staff there? I'm just curious as to what they are making now... then what they would make at UT. I just find it hard to believe that staff would cost $3m+.

A $3M staff only averages out to $333K per coach. I think there's a chance he brings in a couple big-time recruiters for the final couple spots, and those guys will be expensive.

Not sure the Cincy legacy should be sold short. I thought Jones listing off the NFL players from Cincy today spoke to his bona fides in evaluating coaches, especially with lower rated recruits to start with.

Reactions: 1 person
ahh, you have the point now. You find good coaches and give them everything they need and they really succeed.

comment was tongue in cheek... i've been agreeing with you this whole time.

A $3M staff only averages out to $333K per coach. I think there's a chance he brings in a couple big-time recruiters for the final couple spots, and those guys will be expensive.

I would be fine with a couple of ace recruiters.

Not sure the Cincy legacy should be sold short. I thought Jones listing off the NFL players from Cincy today spoke to his bona fides in evaluating coaches, especially with lower rated recruits to start with.

Another great point. I had no idea he had that talent on that team other than Pead and Callaros.

That isn't that cheap, (I THINK) there's only like 7 coaching staffs in college football that pay more than $3 million... and 5 or 6 of them are in the SEC.

How does bringing his staff fit with having the best football staff in U.S., not just SEC? Not trying to denigrate the Cincy staff, but really don't know much about them.

How does bringing his staff fit with having the best football staff in U.S., not just SEC? Not trying to denigrate the Cincy staff, but really don't know much about them.

Butch Jones can coach and has faith in the guys he surrounds himself with to coach.

jmo, but you might be surprised at how much a confident coach captures a team.

Reactions: 2 people
Read the third paragraph of Lawson's bio.

I see it and I think like you that its a high possibility he brings him, but I think he will look at other candidates. He can't simply just transfer his whole coaching staff over here, even though he will try.

Butch Jones can coach and has faith in the guys he surrounds himself with to coach.

jmo, but you might be surprised at how much a confident coach captures a team.

Thanks for the reply, but wasn't asking if Jones could coach or if he was confident. I know about confidence for coaches and teams. That's great, but my question is more about the Cincy staff that many feel he will bring with him and how they would rate nationally as a staff and/or at their position.

Thanks for the reply, but wasn't asking if Jones could coach or if he was confident. I know about confidence for coaches and teams. That's great, but my question is more about the Cincy staff that many feel he will bring with him and how they would rate nationally as a staff and/or at their position.

I am excited about their DC, I know that.

I don't know enough about the OC and what their intentions are with the scheme once they arrive at Tennessee to comment. Just genuinely don't know the guy's philosophy and haven't been able to watch him call plays at all to notice anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back