Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Someone is butt hurt 2.you are acting like you predicted this and you didn't

Much ado about nothing, my brother.

BB has always liked both players, and frequently mentions both in the same sentence. To get hung up on wording is a little unnecessary, IMO. There is enough in life to get picky on and complain about. :hi:

Reactions: 2 people

BB has always liked both players, and frequently mentions both in the same sentence. To get hung up on wording is a little unnecessary, IMO. There is enough in life to get picky on and complain about. :hi:

Thank you sir. :salute:

Everyone knows I like Coleman, Gray, and Bonner at CB. Nothing new but to say you're calling me out over being excited we've got two young CBs that can run with WRs.now is BS. Coleman and Bonner may be the higher rated prospects but Gray may be the best athlete out of the bunch. This boy can run with the Malcolm Mitchell type WRs in this league. I think a CB like Bonner would be a good matchup for a Amari Cooper on the edge. He's got the size and weight to hold his own when he's trying to get physical downfield. Good talents to have back there. Coleman in the slot will be very good seeing how he likes to break forward.

Reactions: 2 people

Everybody safe Nick? Hope so :hi:

Thank you sir. :salute:

Everyone knows I like Coleman, Gray, and Bonner at CB. Nothing new but to say you're calling me out over being excited we've got two young CBs that can run with WRs.now is BS. Coleman and Bonner may be the higher rated prospects but Gray may be the best athlete out of the bunch. This boy can run with the Malcolm Mitchell type WRs in this league. I think a CB like Bonner would be a good matchup for a Amari Cooper on the edge. He's got the size and weight to hold his own when he's trying to get physical downfield. Good talents to have back there. Coleman in the slot will be very good seeing how he likes to break forward.

Not to mention that Gray has a frame to put another 10-15 lbs. on him. If memory serves me he was 5'11" and 170ish at time of commit. Speed him up to 180 - 185 and with his physical mentitude (made up word) he will be a force. Do you happen to know what his vertical is? I'm thinking he was right up there with J Ramsey in vertical.

I 100% agree, no big deal.. BB's feelings were hurt and they weren't intended to be. We all know he likes to be on his high horse.

Reactions: 1 person
Not to mention that Gray has a frame to put another 10-15 lbs. on him. If memory serves me he was 5'11" and 170ish at time of commit. Speed him up to 180 - 185 and with his physical mentitude (made up word) he will be a force. Do you happen to know what his vertical is? I'm thinking he was right up there with J Ramsey in vertical.

Yep, 5'11" 170, 4.37 forty, and 27 inch vertical (so not right up there with Ramsey's 40.9 inch vertical)

Reactions: 1 person
Guys like D.Gray is what Tennessee has been missing and it's awesome. Players who play far above their star rating is a sign of good coaching, 1. To find underrated talent 2. To coach the up to their potential... Obviously he hasn't truly proved himself but Gray getting PT is a good sign.

I 100% agree, no big deal.. BB's feelings were hurt and they weren't intended to be. We all know he likes to be on his high horse.

Yeah I'm on a real high horse. You take a shot at me for being excited about a player I like. You want to as you say "Call me out" but I'm on my high horse huh. Alright guy......pretty sure you read his thread and realized you were wrong on your claim. But hope you get layed tonite man. Take some of that stress off. :)

Yeah there's not a CB in last year or this year's class that has Ramsey's ability to rise. Gray is a fast and furious CB. His speed, hips, and toughness are elite though. He also has confidence which is what happens when you can run with 99% of the WRs out there. He's allowed to play without the fear of getting just blown by. He's already 180 and I think he'll be best served at around 192lbs. That would be the ideal bulk for him with his speed.

Yeah I'm on a real high horse. You take a shot at me for being excited about a player I like. You want to as you say "Call me out" but I'm on my high horse huh. Alright guy......pretty sure you read his thread and realized you were wrong on your claim. But hope you get layed tonite man. Take some of that stress off. :)

Hahaaha so defensive... Sick man you.are.awesome, like I said someone's a little soft and got their feelings hurt. You pretend like you are a recruiting genius. You seriously claimed to have run a 4.36 fourty. Get out of here "super star" you would be one of the fastest people on the UT team right now if this were true.

Yeah there's not a CB in last year or this year's class that has Ramsey's ability to rise. Gray is a fast and furious CB. His speed, hips, and toughness are elite though. He also has confidence which is what happens when you can run with 99% of the WRs out there. He's allowed to play without the fear of getting just blown by. He's already 180 and I think he'll be best served at around 192lbs. That would be the ideal bulk for him with his speed.

According to him, he's already there if my memory serves me correct.

Hahaaha so defensive... Sick man you.are.awesome, like I said someone's a little soft and got their feelings hurt. You pretend like you are a recruiting genius. You seriously claimed to have run a 4.36 fourty. Get out of here "super star" you would be one of the fastest people on the UT team right now if this were true.

Ran that back when I was 19. Was headed to juco(Hinds Miss.) before I sprained my wrist(freak accident fell from hanging on a basketball rim) coach backed off because it was taking too long to heal.

I've said I was recruiting genius when????

There's not anybody that's played ball with me that would say I'm slow.

And if you were to see me right now you would know I'm still an athlete.

But from the sound of it someone seems a bit jealous. Stay the course young man you'll learn the game a bit better with time. Have a great night. :)

Freshman cornerback Daniel Gray got his most extensive action to date in the Vols' game last Saturday at South Carolina, and the Florida native could be in line for an even greater role this week when UT hosts Troy for homecoming. Gray is challenging fifth-year senior Prentiss Waggner for starting honors against the Trojans.

"Daniel played 19 plays and he was a pleasant surprise," defensive backs Derrick Ansley, a former standout at Troy, said. "Daniel's gifted, (physical) gifts are not the issue. You don't want a kid to go out there, give up a big play in his first couple of snaps and kill his confidence for the rest of the year. We kind of had to pick and choose when we put him in there, but at some point we just said, 'Let's play him.'"

Ansley said Gray was slightly ahead of fellow rookie Deion Bonner but challenged both players to keep improving.

"Deion's still with the twos. He and Dan are both still making some mistakes," Ansley said. "We need him to keep coming, competing and growing as a player. I would say Dan's a little bit ahead of him right now."
-VQ

Some folk need to hit the "ignore" on some other folk. I ain't sayin' no names though. :whistling:

Nick I have no problems with the youngster. He's obviously on some type of trip which is fine. More power to him. I'm extremely happy that Gray is playing and I ready for Bonner to break into the top 3 at CB soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back