Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am extremely excited about Gray and Bonner in the future no matter whos coaching. Very well could be the best cornerback tandem we have had in a long time.

Yes both guys have strengths that will allow us to match them up on any pair of WRs with no problem. Would love for us to let Gray be the Field Corner and Bonner to play the Boundary. Bonner's skills remind me somewhat of Diggs the young Texas CB but he's built more like Ashton Youboty former CB at OSU. I think everyone saw what player was targeted with Gray and Coleman on the outside, it was #24Gordon in the slot. Good sight to see but bad knowing we haven't benched him yet.

I talked to Gray and McNeil tonight and they are humble guys who are happy to be out there. These are the type of guys UT needs! Working hard and making plays.

Because some people seem to have such large egos they call others fools? I mean, c'mon. Plus, it's funny.

SN: I don't have a problem with BB, I just think the way he acts at times is entertaining.

Really if you read the post that started everything you will see my excitement was mistaken for a big ego(which I do have lol). But I have very few problems with any posters on here. :hi:

I'm curious, do any of you know whether the reports that we have a "divided" lockerroom this year are true? I see that idea thrown around a little bit, and wondered whether it was accurate.

As best I can tell from player interviews, they are hanging together this year better than they did last year. It just doesn't feel like the weeks leading up to Kentucky.

I have a sense some of this talk will melt away once we rack up a few November wins, but I'm curious if anyone has the inside scoop.

I'm curious, do any of you know whether the reports that we have a "divided" lockerroom this year are true? I see that idea thrown around a little bit, and wondered whether it was accurate.

As best I can tell from player interviews, they are hanging together this year better than they did last year. It just doesn't feel like the weeks leading up to Kentucky.

I have a sense some of this talk will melt away once we rack up a few November wins, but I'm curious if anyone has the inside scoop.

People have been making things up for the past few weeks in order to further justify their argument that Dooley should be fired.

Reality is that all the players' quotes and actions show otherwise. I see things like Tyler Bray dancing with his offense before attempting a game-winning drive, players who repeatedly defend their coach in the media, the offensive line continue to say they do everything together, players telling recruits that UT is building something special, etc. These guys have a much different vibe than they did last year. The negatives stem from the Official Jon Gruden thread.

People have been making things up for the past few weeks in order to further justify their argument that Dooley should be fired.

Reality is that all the players' quotes and actions show otherwise. I see things like Tyler Bray dancing with his offense before attempting a game-winning drive, players who repeatedly defend their coach in the media, the offensive line continue to say they do everything together, players telling recruits that UT is building something special, etc. These guys have a much different vibe than they did last year. The negatives stem from the Official Jon Gruden thread.

Akin to the Spanish Inquisition, Salem Witch Hunts, or Senator Joe McCarthy's Red Scare; if you cannot find actual facts to support your agenda, then manufacture your own...mob mentality looks the same regardless of the era :hi:

Reactions: 2 people
If I had a dollar for every thread begun in the football forum titled, "Dooley has lost the team", followed by a quote from a player... "Naw, we aren't worried about coach, we're just trying to get better and win ball games."

People run so far out of context with that it is not funny.

Reactions: 1 person
In fact, the very question was answered by the VQ guys in the new article this morning:

"This team has good chemistry and has been most impressive in how they have held together through the first five weeks of the SEC season. There has been no real finger-pointing. There has obviously been frustration, but there hasn't been any locker room altercations or division on the team."

Reactions: 3 people
In fact, the very question was answered by the VQ guys in the new article this morning:

"This team has good chemistry and has been most impressive in how they have held together through the first five weeks of the SEC season. There has been no real finger-pointing. There has obviously been frustration, but there hasn't been any locker room altercations or division on the team."

The quotes that I have heard from some of the player interview was win as a team and lose as a team. It sounds like these guys have the team mentality for sure that we haven't seen in a while. I miss having DR's WR talent on the offense. I wish he could have turned it around to finish out his career at UT.

Now, someone did bring up a good point regarding next year's home games... Austin Peay, West KY, South Alabama, and how Dooley has lost the fans and the likelihood that it could be very difficult to put bottoms in those seats.

I think it is true that Dooley has lost the fanbase and there is some validity to this statement, IMO. We play AP and WKY before we have any "real" games, so there is no chance to potentially make some noise and give hope to a dejected fanbase. Now, after winning those games, we take two on the road to Oregon and FL, and as unlikely as it may seem, a victory against either one of those teams may help placate folks.

However, I do not think any of this will matter at the end of the season, and a change will be made. IYAM

Good quote. Thanks for the responses, guys. This has been my take as well.

I think folks are trying to stir the pot by saying this team is falling apart. It just doesn't seem that way to me.

I bet we crush Troy this weekend. I think our boys are so ready to win. Plus, it won't be like earlier in the season where we were holding things back a bit to prepare for the SEC grind. There's no sense now in holding anything back.

It won't be pretty early (because nothing about our defense is pretty), but I bet we destroy these guys...

You bring A LOT to the board SigNu, but I disagree. People on fanboards aren't the negative. Dooley and is horrible clock management and overalll coaching skills are the problem. The man is not an SEC coach, not sure he is a head coach period. He is what his record is, a 31-39 head coach. We can't win on a consistent basis with this guy.

There is a very good video on VQ about CP. The last part talks about whether he will stay or go pro and his response led me to believe he will be back. But then again who knows.

A poster on VQ asked Hubbs what DY's role would be next year (RB or slot WR) and Hubbs said... He will still likely get a couple of touches but look for Pig to take over DY's role on offense next year.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back