Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you do speed training, what was your fastest 40? I thought I was lightning with my 4.89 in my prime.

My fastest time was a 4.36 and I ran a 4.37 right after that to back it up. About a couple of years ago a clocked a 4.41(I'm in much better shape now). Few months ago I ran a 4.46 without warmup sprints or anything to get primed for the run. I was just showing out as the "old man" 27 btw lol to a crew of 18 year olds that were talking noise.

Last edited:
My fastest time was a 4.36 and I ran a 4.37 right after that to back it up. About a couple of years ago a clocked a 4.41(I'm in much better shape now). Few months ago I ran a 4.46 without warmup sprints or anything to get primed for the run. I was just showing out as the "old man" 27 btw lol to a crew of 18 year olds that were talking noise. There

I doubt any amount of warming up would get me below 5.0 these days. The biggest downside of adult life is how little time there is for sports. I played some sort of sport for 4 hours or more everyday in college.

Has anybody watched Evan Woodbury's practice video from today? Tennessee football practice on Oct. 31, 2012 - YouTube. Hunter is lazy running routes, doesn't secure the ball and turn up field. Bad practice habits equal bad game habits. This is a indictment vs Hinshaw too. When you see Q get lazy in a RB drill, Jay makes him come back and do it again.

Very interesting.

I doubt any amount of warming up would get me below 5.0 these days. The biggest downside of adult life is how little time there is for sports. I played some sort of sport for 4 hours or more everyday in college.

I've stayed active so I haven't lost much. You should see these 14-15 year olds faces when I say I'm 27 almost 28. Oh I thought you were 20. Lol

Has anybody watched Evan Woodbury's practice video from today? Tennessee football practice on Oct. 31, 2012 - YouTube. Hunter is lazy running routes, doesn't secure the ball and turn up field. Bad practice habits equal bad game habits. This is a indictment vs Hinshaw too. When you see Q get lazy in a RB drill, Jay makes him come back and do it again.

Very interesting.

Baggett as a coach is a much better WR coach than Hinshaw. I like Hinshaw as the QB coach.

Very interesting.

You make a good point. If you've ever watched a Saban practice, EVERYTHING has to be done exactly right. JH was looking lazy for sure. Just the intensity of the practice in general seems lacking, but i could just be looking for negatives.

Very interesting.

Hinshaw does seem to coddle instead of being tough, but that is just from what I have seen in the games and practice videos so take with a grain of salt.

Does anyone have a list of true freshman that haven't played this season? Wondering who will be headed for a redshirt.

all I can think of off the top of my head:

N. Peterman
D. Bowles

Not making an excuse for JH, but you have to understand that practice is a drag this time of year, and that looks like some half speed warm ups.

Not really. Some boosters want Hart to make a move soon, but Hart is stubborn and really likes Dooley. So who knows.

If hart likes Dooley that's fine but his coaching stats speak for themselves and he obviously isn't gettin it done .... Hart said get football healthy right

Does anyone have a list of true freshman that haven't played this season? Wondering who will be headed for a redshirt.

all I can think of off the top of my head:

N. Peterman
D. Bowles

Croom, Bullock, Bynum and Lewis via injury. That big tackle O'brien, though someone mentioned he may end up seeing some snaps. Blanc, Hill, Meredith and Taylor I think are all headed for RS as well.

Croom, Bullock, Bynum and Lewis via injury. That big tackle O'brien, though someone mentioned he may end up seeing some snaps. Blanc, Hill, Meredith and Taylor I think are all headed for RS as well.

Blanc has already played. He got reps in the 1st game. I think Taylor has played some also... not sure though.

Now that our rb's are turning it up field better, I wouldn't mind seeing us run some of the pull sweep we were trying earlier in the year.

I wasn't sure about Blanc, but dont think he's hit the threshold for blowing the shirt. I dont remember seeing Taylor but I missed the Akron game.

I think the limit is 10% of games, so if they only play in one game they should still be good for a shirt. Someone please correct if wrong, I'd liek to know.

Good stuff! Is Gray very physical? I can't reacall from his film.

He'll stick his nose in there. But he's extremely fast and athletic. He can run with any WR in the country. We haven't had that type of player around here since probably Johnathan Wade(ask Desean Jackson about him :) )

I personally think O'Brien, Taylor, and Phillips should've been repped in all year. That's how you build good SEC depth. Us not playing Saulsberry and Jordan Williams(especially) until the Bama game was crazy. But coaches have their on agendas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back