Recruiting Football Talk VII

They are the most uplifting band ever. Peace and loving people. There is not a single band that is as positive as they are.

Their sound evolved from simple fun teenage music to thought provoking, boundary pushing masterpieces.

They changed music and they changed the world.

Objectively the greatest band of all time. It wasn't society that tells people to like them. They earned it. Naturally if you're the greatest you'll be labeled overrated right?

Anyone that thinks "they suck" is just biased against them because they just want to be edgy. Especially when you compare their catalog to the history of music, there is absolutely no way they suck. Literally none of the all time great bands from that era actually suck, if you remove bias.

I dont like a lot of country, but I understand how people like it.

Taylor Swift though?

SHE is the most overrated musician of all time and it's not close. That is much easier prove.
I don't care for their music. I don't find it uplifting. I find nothing special or unique about it.

To be fair, I am not a Taylor Swift fan either.

Don't be too hard on Glitch. Don't tell anyone, but he's a closet fan of The Monkee's. Those folks always have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Beatles. Rumor has it that he's got a Davy Jones poster in his bedroom, too.
View attachment 637321
Last Train to Clarksville is my anthem.

Justin Rogers, the dude that punked us for KY, then Allburn. Just got drafted. In the 7th round. Wow, rankings dont mean crap.
9 of the Top 10 picks held Blue Chip ratings coming out of HS.

22 of 32 of the 1st Round picks were either 4Star or 5Star players out of HS.

Rankings are better than they’ve ever been.

Reactions: orangejuice
So, late to the music discussion. Honestly, I don't really listen to music all that much anymore, but I liked Zeppelin a lot, not that I dislike them now, they are one of the all time great rock and roll bands, with arguably top 5 muscians in each category and with no discernable weaknesses in their musical ability, even George Harrison of The Beatles was a huge fan and would go to Zeppelin's legendary concerts, that could last upwards of 3 hours, with 30-minute versions of Dazed and Confused. As for The Beatles, I respect them for who they are and at one time I had a greatest hits CD, but to me their best album is The White Album. As for the Stones, I like them better than The Beatles, but all their stuff pretty much sounds like Chuck Berry, in that they get a lot of their sound from him, just like Zepplein was deep into the blues and ELVIS, and I'm a fan of ELVIS but my Mother liked ELVIS, so there you go. I still remember the concert ELVIS Live from Hawaii in 1973, the whole family watched, and I was 6 years old. Yardbirds are great, Page, Clapton, Beck.. Hendrix - Listen to his live version of Johnny B. Goode, I mean Hendrix WAS Johnny B. Goode. Van Halen, The Police - Because Zeppelin liked The Police and endorsed them. The Who - they were great, Keith Moon on drums, who is somewhat forgotten, and John Entwistle on bass. As for country - Hank Williams Sr. and Hank Jr., Waylon, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, etc.. I also enjoy gospel music, but again, and not that anyone cares, I don't listen to much music anymore, if I did probably would lean to country or some gospel, now that I'm older.. Into my podcasts of sports, news, economics and good sermons or preaching, as it was called when I was growing up. Oh, I forgot, Buddy Holly, great early rock and roll pioneer, The Beatles were highly influenced by him. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back